Informatica

www.informatica.com
  www.informatica.com
There are newer employer reviews for Informatica

This is the worst company I have worked for throughout my entire IT career.

I have been working at Informatica

Pros

The best things about Informatica are its growth, salary, benefits and they do have smart business managers, but they leave a lot to be desired as people managers.

Cons

This is probably the worst place I have worked at in my 17 year IT industry career. Salary and benefits are good, but the pressure and stress they put you under makes it not worth it. If you are a workaholic, have no life, and/or your family doesn't care that you are not present, then it's a great place to work. I have been micromanaged, overburdened, and under trained from the day I started about a year ago. My manager hired me with only partial skills for my job, fully aware of this, then he tells me afterward that he doesn't have the time to train or mentor me, but still has the expectation that I will come up to speed quickly. Had he told me this before I was hired, I probably would not have taken the job. Problem is, they think this is my failure. I can go back to any company I have worked for in IT, have gotten very good reviews and came away with friends from every IT company I have worked for prior to Informatica. Informatica's management team is trying to squeeze every ounce of productivity from its employees, overburdening them with unrealistic expections. It is definitely a sweatshop. It is difficult to say of course, how much of this is my group vs. other groups, but I have heard similar things from people I have spoken to who have joined in the last 1 to 2 years. They have a very strange culture, it is not a warm atmosphere at all. Perhaps the long time employees are treated better.

You are approaching the $1B level. Unless you guys change the way you treat employees and give them proper work/life balance and more realistic expectations, then when the market opens up, you will see a mass migration of employees. You can't scale with the people you have now and if you expect to grow and attract the best talent, you need to create better job satisfaction. Bennies and pay are great, but they aren't everything. I worked for a very large competitor who payed me a bit less and their benefits were far inferior, but my job satisfaction was so much better, I would go back to them in a minute (and have put out feelers to them) as they would take me back.

437 Other Employee Reviews for Informatica (View Most Recent)

Great place to work

Current Employee - Director in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Director in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Informatica

Pros

Very strong executive team
    Little politics
    Supportive management
    Good work / life balance

Cons

High growth equals high expectations for performance every day

Keep strong focus on staying ahead of the innovation curve and improving on what has the potential to become a commodity solution in the future

Great Company. Great Products!

I have been working at Informatica

Pros

Great Products. No limit to learning. Flexible work hours. Many opportunities for horizontal growth. Excellent benefits.

Cons

Teams spread across the globe make it tough to manage work life balance.

There are newer employer reviews for Informatica