1199SEIU Funds Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 21, 2017

2.5

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 1199SEIU Funds (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

It moved quite quickly, they were on a project schedule, otherwise normally I don't think it would have moved so fast.
    The interview process was somewhat disorganized each time (I interviewed 3 times), I would arrive on time (if not early) but my interview would always start anywhere from 15 mins- 30 mins later.
    The people I interviewed with were incredibly nice however.

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at 1199SEIU Funds (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

The prove it exam is really easy and straight forward. However, their computers tend to freeze a lot and suddenly signs you out of the test. After finishing the test, I sat and waited for my recruiter to come call me and that was when she give me more details about the company. After the in depth details of the company, I was escorted upstairs and I met with the Credentialing Supervisor. He asked me a few questions, he then told me about the work environment. I was hired in a week.

Interview Questions

• Can you handle working with a large spread sheet data?   1 Answer

Pharmacy Aide Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at 1199SEIU Funds.

Interview

A simple on-site interview where they ask you about yourself, your achievements, and some basic healthcare questions. The overall experience of the interview was very pleasant. They tried to make the actual interview very relaxing. After that, they go through the standard process of drug testing your and doing simple background checks.

Interview Questions

• What is the first thing you do in the event of a fire within the hospital?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager/Physical Security Interview

Interview

Interview was very standard, but long. The entire process was over two hours. I was asked about my background and how it aligned with what was required. After more then two months, I followed up for the third time and was told the hiring manager was on leave by an HR manager. I then asked of the status of my application and was told they were looking for someone with facilities experience. The original add did not ask this so when I was told I was dumbfounded. They made me wait for more then two months only to change the job description at the last minute. Very unprofessional to say the least. Good luck finding a person for invoicing , scheduling guards, budget management and someone to take the "extra" stuff that comes with the job like never leaving on time as indicated in the interview. Never heard of a Security Manager that does facility work too !

Interview Questions

• Explain one time you went above and beyond at your current employer?   Answer Question

Chief Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 1199SEIU Funds (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

It was a good experience the Hr team is very friendly and well versed in their assessment. Met with several members of the department and staff members. And they did testing such as WPM

Junior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at 1199SEIU Funds (New York, NY).

Interview

You go in and are asked what you know about the company. They want you to explain the funds to the manager. They show you around and advise you they will contact you. They really just review your resume, if you get a call just be prepared to talk about your ezperience and ask questions about the funds history and the managers as well.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions. Be a good personality and you will receive an offer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotation. 14 dollars per hour.

Application

I interviewed at 1199SEIU Funds in January 2014.

Interview

The hiring process was time consuming.
    Please note you are required to take online microsoft skills office testing and meet with up to 4 individuals at different instances for hiring. You are also required to submit a writing sample and submit to a background check

Interview Questions

• all the questions were regular about the mill questions. nothing was unexpected   Answer Question

Negotiation

they offered below what i thought was far and went back with a negotiated salary. they upped the pay but was no way near what i felt was deserved for the role

Investment Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at 1199SEIU Funds in July 2013.

Interview

2 rounds. Basically competency. Asked about the cause of 2008 crisis; statistics;stata, matlab. A very small team (around 12 staff), the second round was basically meet everyone in the team, more like chatting.

Interview Questions

• What's your opinion of the cause of 2008 financial crisis?   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at 1199SEIU Funds (New York, NY) in August 2012.

Interview

The initial interview was over the phone and it was a very brief 30 minutes but it went well. I was later called in for a second interview to be conducted in person. That part seemed to go well too. The problem came afterwards....after being assured several times that I would be contacted within a very specific time frame I never was. A few follow up emails were answered vaguely and I am still awaiting a definitive answer. This seemed very plodding and unprofessional to me. Even if I was not to be extended an offer a very brief email would have still been required as a professional formality to inform me of this fact. Particularly as I made it to a second round, in person interview and was promised an answer within a specific time frame. Not sure what to make of this but it has been a very frustrating experience overall. I will try to update as the situation progresses. If it does at all....

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at 1199SEIU Funds (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

too long with too many people who really did not care. Met with several people from the HR representative to the Executive. Explained the job process, benefits, job requirements, background check