42Floors Interview Questions | Glassdoor

42Floors Interview Questions

Interviews at 42Floors

3.1

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at 42Floors (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I enjoyed the interview process at 42Floors. There was a few automation steps, including a recorded role play exercise, which was fun. To me, it demonstrated their time management skills and ability to setup, and manage, systems and processes. Any successful organization utilizes automation as a means of increasing efficiency, and I loved how they made me "earn" my way over some hurdles and into a personal 1-on-1 phone conversation.

Once I did have a conversation with the Operations Manager, I became very excited to become part of the team. The next step was to do a few hours of "test training" and more role playing. With every step of onboarding, and with each person I met, everybody was friendly, intelligent, and wonderful to talk to, making me even more excited about the position.

As leaders of a start up organization, optimizing production and time management are keys to the success of the company, and establishing systems to allow "the cream to rise to the top", is extremely effective. There is a reason there is such a great team at 42Floors, and the recruiting process and leadership in the company is to thank.

Account Executive Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at 42Floors.

Interview

Very long and untraditional. They mostly want to see if you fit their culture to scale. Interviewed with about 8 different individuals ranging from all departments of the firm. Be sure to do research on the industry and have an education opinion!

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time your actions had positive change and what were the outcomes?   Answer Question

Jan 4, 2018 – CEO

Hey there, this is Jason the CEO. For the life of me, I don't know who wrote this. I say that because we used to run our interviewing process like that...5 years ago!! Are you really someone that... More

3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Account Executive Interview

Interview

I got a offer to interview with 42 floors a month ago and didn't realize I had not completed my application the emailed me recently saying they were still interested. I made a mistake at the end and clicked next thinking that's what I needed to do for the follow up email and it submitted my application. I tried email Patrick to let him know of the mistake, but never have gotten a email back.
    So I applied again with a different email, but this time for the SDR position. This is a job I have been I have been interested in doing for quite some time and believe I would be a great fit if I could talk to someone on the phone. Does anyone know how to reach the HR department?

Interview Questions

42Floors Response

Jan 4, 2018 – CEO

Easy! Contact us through the site. We'll get it! Come on back

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 42Floors.

Interview

I took my time, read thru all the material ahead of time. The only glitch was that I was about to create the email to my prospect and clicked on DONE (or whatever it said), thinking that I was done with the call and was ready to move onto the next step...but it was the final DONE, as in ... you are now done with everything. I have reapplied as I am very intrigued by this product and know I would do well in this role.

Interview Questions

• It was exactly as they said it would be. Nothing tough.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at 42Floors.

Interview

Lengthy, but in the end I appreciated the process because it made the transition so much easier. The interview consisted of multiple one on one meetings with different members of the team. They really take the time and effort into getting to know each candidate to make sure their skill-set and personality align with the core of the firm.

Interview Questions

• Describe your knowledge of the current technological tools the commercial real estate has   Answer Question

AE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at 42Floors (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Called to pitch the CEO of the company and got no answer. 15 minutes later I get a call from a completely different number thinking its somebody else. Anyway, I switched gears and went into the pitch as if the prospect just gave me a call back. The pitch only lasted about a minute or two mostly because I wasn't offered any sort of resistance or any kind of objections (it was a rollover) which is what I was waiting for. Anybody in sales knows you aren't pitching until you hear "no" otherwise you're just telling, and telling is NOT selling. I honestly wouldn't even consider that a short presentation.

Sales Development Representative Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at 42Floors.

Interview

I came into the office and met with two lower level employees and it went well. Asking the usual questions: why 42floors? do you like real estate? tell me about yourself.

Then I met with their founder, who was so incredibly rude. One of the worst interviews I have been on. The founder thought too highly of himself and he spoke to me in the most condescending tone. It seemed like he had already made up his mind before I walked in. I talked to him for no more than 5 minutes. All he did was ask me 3 questions
    "what do you want to do?"(career wise) I said marketing or sales
    "why those things?" because I wanna get into sales not something I learn in school you learn by doing and marketing because it is an exciting time to be in marketing. (I said more, but too much to type)
    "where do you see yourself in 5-10 years sales or marketing?" I said well depends on what I do now that I end up there, but if I had to choose marketing just because its my background. ( I said that for the sake of the question)
    "Well I dont think you are good for our sales role. I dont see you making 80 calls a day. You can do sales, but you wont be doing it here. Thanks for coming in."

Seriously?Can you tell the future or something? You dont see me making 80 calls a day? No need to be so damn harsh. Did not give me any opportunity to prove myself just basically kicked me of the office the second I got in.

Dec 22, 2014 – CEO

Hey this is Jason Freedman, the founder with whom you spoke.

I owe you an apology. I'm sorry--I should have treated our interview differently. The notes from your earlier interviews had... More

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at 42Floors (Houston, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

I found the interview process with 42Floors to be very innovative and interesting. This is clearly a company that values technology and innovation, and that shines through in the interview process. The first step when you interview is to go through a virtual scenario of a job similar to the one for which you are applying. You search through a CRM, send an email requesting a demo, and then answer a virtual call from a prospect. This was extremely intuitive and easy to follow if you have a sales background. During the next step, the CEO has you call him to pitch something that you have sold in the past; doesn't matter what it was. On the 3rd step you receive the actual script for scheduling a demo, as well as the script for demonstrating the 42Floors program, and the web demo materials. You then speak with 3 different team members to schedule a demo, and walk through the demo materials, all via GoToMeeting. This is how the actual job works, so it is a good indicator of whether you will enjoy the job, and whether or not you will be good at it. Overall, I found this to be a way better process than the standard "tell me about yourself" or "how may marbles would fit inside of a school bus" questions that I've been asked in the past. Great job 42Floors!

Interview Questions

• Sell me something you have sold in the past.   1 Answer

Jan 23, 2017 – CEO

Welcome to the team!!

I'm really glad you liked the process.

It's not perfect by any means. But I love it when it works!!

We got the idea of doing the our normal pitch in GoToMeeting... More

Sales Development Representative Interview

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at 42Floors.

Interview

This process is as biased as they come. I have never been through a process that was down right discriminatory. Pompous attitudes and there's a lack of communication unless email is your thing. Corporate and private sectors are going to hell in a hay basket. I spent 3 days of my life with a poorly written script and robo emails. Total waste of time and effort. I digress.

Interview Questions

42Floors Response

Jan 23, 2017 – CEO

Hi there, this is Jason, the CEO. I'm so sorry to hear that you felt our process was biased.. The entire system is built to weed bias out of the process altogether. I'll go back and make sure we... More

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at 42Floors (Sacramento, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Submitted application and resume online. I was immediately directed to write a sample email reaching out to a prospective client for a mock POS company. Then, I was given an opportunity to stage a call with a potential client (pre-recorded conversation) for said POS company. Once I completed the mock call I recived an invitation from the HR manager the next day or so to interview with her. The "interview" was to learn and pitch 42 floors product. After, I was passed along to their director of growth for a final "Pitch" once the pitch was complete I was given an offer. Overall I was very pleased with the process, It seems like they judge a candidate on their ability to perform over their ability to look good on paper.