84 Lumber Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 29, 2018

2.1

Sort:

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at 84 Lumber in February 2015.

Interview

The "hiring manager" asked inappropriate questions not pertaining to my qualifications in a room you could have stored meat in. It appeared he didn't even look at my resume and acted like I was wasting his time cause I was obviously not good enough for 84 Lumber. Why did they even bother. What a waste of time.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at 84 Lumber in September 2016.

Interview

amazing, they really take the time to get to know you. They are very professional and show that they really want you on their team. i got called in for a 1/1 interview and ended up meeting with the rest of the team in a 2nd interview.

Inventory Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at 84 Lumber.

Interview

Preliminary phone call with corporate recruiter. Then met with the recruiter in person two days later. Then met with head inventory managers a week later to talk more in depth about the position. A week later, met with them again to go over background check, drug test and personality screening. Two days later, met with them again to accept the position and fill out paperwork. It was a very good experience, that was conducted by great people.

Building Supply Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Upper Marlboro, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at 84 Lumber (Upper Marlboro, MD) in July 2009.

Interview

I applied for a sales position via email. approx. one week later i recieved a phone call to schedule an interview. I was interviewed by a store manager who was very informative about the company, procedures and the position that they are offering. the one on one interview took about 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• what is the least attractive responsibility do i think this position requires.   1 Answer
    • will i be willing to re locate for the company   1 Answer

Negotiation

good

Manager In Training Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at 84 Lumber.

Interview

Walked in waited around for 45 mins.Very unprofessional, which is because you are only interviewing to be a sales associate. Long hours low pay. This is a false Jon title just to get applicants.

Interview Questions

• Are you ok working 50+ hours a week?   1 Answer

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greece, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at 84 Lumber (Greece, NY).

Interview

Interview process was easy, I was offered three different stores as a manager trainee. However the onboarding was long took over a week. Interview manager was not at the location, when my interview was scheduled. Interview was done outside on front dock of store.

Kitchen Designer Interview

Interview

I recently had the humous experience of interviewing with 84 Lumber Company. My résumé was found on Career Builder and forwarded to a local warehouse for an open position as a kitchen Designer. What a joke. The first comment was "we have a no-beard policy and you'll have to shave your beard if you want to work for us. Next, you'll be required to work the same hours as every other employee 48-52 hours a week (salary) so no overtime pay. In addition, extra hours would be required because of appointments. And it went downhill from there.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to shave off your beard You look like you've been growing for years?   1 Answer

Long hours, little pay, no support, lousy showroom, location and manager. Kitchen Designers "DESIGN AND SELL KITCHENS"! Not stock lumber, bolts, screws and windows. Plus, Why would anybody buy a kitchen at 84 Lumber anyway????

Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at 84 Lumber (Nashville, TN) in August 2013.

Interview

Very easy interview. Asked about relevant accomplishments and qualifications. Very relaxed.

Interview Questions

• It was not necessarily the question it was a very bizarre personality test that focused on theft, honesty and use of illegals drugs. Not that I do any of these.....but who would be crazy enough to admit it!   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Valley Park, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at 84 Lumber (Valley Park, MO) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online from an ad I saw on linkedin. The very next day i received a call from a woman at there headquarters in West Virginia. We had a short interview over the phone and Im assuming it went well because I received a call from the Area Manager within the hour!

The interview process was very relaxed! I got there, shook hands with the store manager and he brought be out back to start. We sat on a stack of plywood and discussed my resume and the reason I was to start working at 84 Lumber.

Interview Questions

• What do I know about 84 Lumber?   1 Answer

Estimator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at 84 Lumber (New York, NY).

Interview

Quick interview . Manager asked good questions , no surprises. Expectation of 48 hours for $18 per hour . I declined based on low pay/ high hours . What happened to a 40 hour work week?