84 Lumber Interview Questions | Glassdoor

84 Lumber Interview Questions

Updated Jul 18, 2017

2.1

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 84 Lumber.

Interview

Applied and got a call the next day, did the brief phone interview. Went into the store and did some basic construction math. They're basically looking for Store Associates with the "prospects" of becoming a manager. Was offered near minimum wage with a bachelors degree and 2 years professional experience. They need to review the job description, a highschool student is qualified for this job. Does not look good on the company to try and pull this stunt on professional level workers.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at 84 Lumber in June 2017.

Interview

I was contacted about a position by a recruiter. I then met with the manager to discuss the position. It was pretty straightforward. They described the role and company objectives for the position.

Manager In Training Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at 84 Lumber.

Interview

Walked in waited around for 45 mins.Very unprofessional, which is because you are only interviewing to be a sales associate. Long hours low pay. This is a false Jon title just to get applicants.

Interview Questions

• Are you ok working 50+ hours a week?   1 Answer

Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elkins, WV

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at 84 Lumber (Elkins, WV).

Interview

Very casual and personal. Lots of talking about building materials and the industry. What my background was. My experience in the military and how I felt my past experiences could or would help me.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for in 3 years after being with the company?   1 Answer

Estimator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at 84 Lumber (New York, NY).

Interview

Quick interview . Manager asked good questions , no surprises. Expectation of 48 hours for $18 per hour . I declined based on low pay/ high hours . What happened to a 40 hour work week?

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greece, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at 84 Lumber (Greece, NY).

Interview

Interview process was easy, I was offered three different stores as a manager trainee. However the onboarding was long took over a week. Interview manager was not at the location, when my interview was scheduled. Interview was done outside on front dock of store.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at 84 Lumber in September 2016.

Interview

amazing, they really take the time to get to know you. They are very professional and show that they really want you on their team. i got called in for a 1/1 interview and ended up meeting with the rest of the team in a 2nd interview.

Contractor Outside Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at 84 Lumber (Greenville, SC) in April 2016.

Interview

Went through three interviews. One phone with the general manager, face to face with the area manager, and face to face with the general manager. Phone interview was basic- general information

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eighty Four, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at 84 Lumber (Eighty Four, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

Hiring process involved meeting with a recruiter at Eighty Four, PA and the Director of Operations. Both were pretty cool. Applied online in career section. Got a phone call a week later to schedule an in person interview. Met with Recruiter/Director and got the job. Interview was good.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years?   1 Answer

Installed Sales Manager/Ft Myers, Florida Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at 84 Lumber (Fort Myers, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

I felt the interviewer was a bit of a bully. Seemed very negative and intimidating from the beginning to the end of interview. I was very surprised that 84 Lumber was acting as a shell contractor that was directly involved in homebuilding itself. If his management of employees was similar to his attitude toward people interviewed I would not recommend working at this location.

Maybe he felt my thirty years of experience was more threatening to his own position.

Interview Questions

• Questions were more an inquiry of my knowledge of a local competitor I had worked for three years.   Answer Question