84 Lumber Interview Questions | Glassdoor

84 Lumber Interview Questions

Interviews at 84 Lumber

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at 84 Lumber (Knoxville, TN).

Interview

Interview started a little over 30 minutes late and was obviously unorganized. The gentleman interviewing me we great and very friendly but were told to tell me all of the worst things about the position which is a lot. They basically want to pay you nothing so you can work yourself to death and hopefully get all of your monthly incentives so you can make decent money if it was 40 hours a week. This is much more of a sales position than a manger position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia Station, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at 84 Lumber (Columbia Station, OH) in July 2019.

Interview

Applied to the Cleveland area and got a phone call for a interview. Had a lengthy interview that went well. Some testing and was given a drug test, I was later called by their corporate office and asked to take a personality test, that asked me if I steal from a job I work for a dozen times. Then I never heard from them again. Total waste of time.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to relocate   1 Answer
    • How much do you steal from job   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 84 Lumber.

Interview

Brief, comprehensive, friendly and informative. The team at the office helped me to understand what they were looking for in an employee and asked me to elaborate on why I may be the best fit. They are sincere and genuine and I trust they are looking out for the best employee.

Manager-In-Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in Murfreesboro, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at 84 Lumber (Murfreesboro, TN) in May 2019.

Interview

It was more of a conversation to feel out what I believed the role of manager entailed and my personality. Nothing out of the ordinary. Lasted roughly 20 minutes in the conference room of the store.

Interview Questions

• What do you think a manager's job is?   1 Answer

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenwood, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at 84 Lumber (Greenwood, IN) in April 2019.

Interview

Pretty simple, yet intensive interview. First step was a phone call with the recruiter. It was easy. She explained the position and company. She then asked me the normal questions about why I’m interested. After that she set up an on-site interview with the manager. He dug into me a bit more and explain the entire position in details. After that I met with the area manager, and was offered the job barring my drug test and background check

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Front Royal, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at 84 Lumber (Front Royal, VA).

Interview

You will meet with the Area Manager to conduct your interview. They will show you the various paths of promotions within the company and will always assist you in meeting your long term goals.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about sales within the construction industry   1 Answer

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at 84 Lumber.

Interview

It was easy and laid back. I came in it was a little busy so I had to wait a little, but the interview was a little bit of back and forth. Overall a rather easy interview

Interview Questions

• What's something you are looking for in this job that is different than other jobs you've had?   Answer Question

Ar Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cartersville, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at 84 Lumber (Cartersville, GA) in December 2018.

Interview

Met with manager - asked about experience in collections. Spoke about cash reconciliation. Advised me of responsibilities for the position and what was expected of the person in this position.

Interview Questions

• Experience and handling cash   1 Answer

Manager Trainee Interview

Interview

Got a call from the DM which covered basic interview questions. Then had an interview set up with the store manager which was pretty simple as well. The interview process was pretty easy, they have you do an online test which pretty much centers around if you would steal things or not.

Anonymous Employee in Pittston, PA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at 84 Lumber (Pittston, PA) in July 2018.

Interview

Was quick yet thorough. Manager talks about the jonb and asks about your previous work. He showed me the warehouse and asked about my skills and if i'm willing to re-locate eventually.

Interview Questions

• What did you do before this? Do you drive forklift? How can you help customers. How ca you benefit the company?   1 Answer
    • How hard do you work?   1 Answer