84 Lumber Interview Questions

Updated Aug 12, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 72 of over 72 interviews

Recruiter5%
2.2
HardAverageEasy

84 Lumber

Application

I interviewed at 84 Lumber

Interview

easy interview. Quick and easy interview to get a feel for your knowledge. if you know anything about the building industry you will not any issues. Without building industry knowledge a willingness to learn goes a long way.

Interview Questions
  • What knowledge do you have of construction materials.
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morgantown, WV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 84 Lumber (Morgantown, WV)

Interview

I applied online, and got an email telling me that the store had open interview time windows for me to come in and interview. I went in, and spoke to the Assistant Manager since the Store Manager was out, so I spoke with him, and he was very nice, but I had to come back the next day since the Store Manager was the one who had to hear all the interviews. The next day, I meet with the Store Manager, and he seemed cool as well. He was very sarcastic, but very chill, and he went over the position, how you could move up, and the benefits of working for 84. He then sent me to take a drug test, however I never heard back from them after the drug test, so I am assuming I did not get picked for the position

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eighty Four, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at 84 Lumber (Eighty Four, PA) in Jun 2021

Interview

Initial call with the recruiter with basic preliminary questions, followed by a one-way virtual interview (record yourself giving responses to questions), then an in-person interview with three members of the Marketing team.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond what was required in your job description.

84 Lumber

Application

I interviewed at 84 Lumber

Interview

Very basic. Said the exact same thing the recruiter did, except when explaining salary. Recruiter definitely draws you in with over shooting salary expectations. Sat in a office for 20 min waiting for someone while the employees were laughing and joking in the hallway next to me.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

84 Lumber

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 84 Lumber in Aug 2020

Interview

Easy going conversation with the manager, very low pressure and informative . Talked about the benefits of the training program and the formal training at the headquarters. Walked around the yard and explained day to day duties as well as bonus program.

Interview Questions
  • Where do you see your self within our company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at 84 Lumber (Knoxville, TN)

Interview

Interview started a little over 30 minutes late and was obviously unorganized. The gentleman interviewing me we great and very friendly but were told to tell me all of the worst things about the position which is a lot. They basically want to pay you nothing so you can work yourself to death and hopefully get all of your monthly incentives so you can make decent money if it was 40 hours a week. This is much more of a sales position than a manger position.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia Station, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at 84 Lumber (Columbia Station, OH) in Jul 2019

Interview

Applied to the Cleveland area and got a phone call for a interview. Had a lengthy interview that went well. Some testing and was given a drug test, I was later called by their corporate office and asked to take a personality test, that asked me if I steal from a job I work for a dozen times. Then I never heard from them again. Total waste of time.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

84 Lumber

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 84 Lumber

Interview

Brief, comprehensive, friendly and informative. The team at the office helped me to understand what they were looking for in an employee and asked me to elaborate on why I may be the best fit. They are sincere and genuine and I trust they are looking out for the best employee.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Murfreesboro, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at 84 Lumber (Murfreesboro, TN) in May 2019

Interview

It was more of a conversation to feel out what I believed the role of manager entailed and my personality. Nothing out of the ordinary. Lasted roughly 20 minutes in the conference room of the store.

Interview Questions
  • What do you think a manager's job is?

Anonymous Employee in Greenwood, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at 84 Lumber (Greenwood, IN) in Apr 2019

Interview

Pretty simple, yet intensive interview. First step was a phone call with the recruiter. It was easy. She explained the position and company. She then asked me the normal questions about why I’m interested. After that she set up an on-site interview with the manager. He dug into me a bit more and explain the entire position in details. After that I met with the area manager, and was offered the job barring my drug test and background check

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 72 Interviews