84 Lumber Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.2

Sort:

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Front Royal, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at 84 Lumber (Front Royal, VA).

Interview

You will meet with the Area Manager to conduct your interview. They will show you the various paths of promotions within the company and will always assist you in meeting your long term goals.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about sales within the construction industry   1 Answer

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at 84 Lumber in February 2015.

Interview

The "hiring manager" asked inappropriate questions not pertaining to my qualifications in a room you could have stored meat in. It appeared he didn't even look at my resume and acted like I was wasting his time cause I was obviously not good enough for 84 Lumber. Why did they even bother. What a waste of time.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at 84 Lumber in September 2016.

Interview

amazing, they really take the time to get to know you. They are very professional and show that they really want you on their team. i got called in for a 1/1 interview and ended up meeting with the rest of the team in a 2nd interview.

Collections Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eighty Four, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at 84 Lumber (Eighty Four, PA) in January 2018.

Interview

I met with an hr lady who was very nice. Then I traveled to a different building to meet with head of a department. I met with him and two ladies it was a very pleasant experience. They were concerned about my pay cut but I needed stable hours.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eighty Four, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at 84 Lumber (Eighty Four, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

Need to have referal to get interview opportunity. Interviewed with Founder. Mostly listened to him talking and answer some questions. Several days later I got phone call to ask if I accept an offer. Then received official offer letter and bebefit package.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave the last company   1 Answer

Ar Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cartersville, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at 84 Lumber (Cartersville, GA) in December 2018.

Interview

Met with manager - asked about experience in collections. Spoke about cash reconciliation. Advised me of responsibilities for the position and what was expected of the person in this position.

Interview Questions

• Experience and handling cash   1 Answer

Inventory Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at 84 Lumber.

Interview

Preliminary phone call with corporate recruiter. Then met with the recruiter in person two days later. Then met with head inventory managers a week later to talk more in depth about the position. A week later, met with them again to go over background check, drug test and personality screening. Two days later, met with them again to accept the position and fill out paperwork. It was a very good experience, that was conducted by great people.

Building Supply Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Upper Marlboro, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at 84 Lumber (Upper Marlboro, MD) in July 2009.

Interview

I applied for a sales position via email. approx. one week later i recieved a phone call to schedule an interview. I was interviewed by a store manager who was very informative about the company, procedures and the position that they are offering. the one on one interview took about 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• what is the least attractive responsibility do i think this position requires.   1 Answer
    • will i be willing to re locate for the company   1 Answer

Negotiation

good

Manager In Training Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at 84 Lumber.

Interview

Walked in waited around for 45 mins.Very unprofessional, which is because you are only interviewing to be a sales associate. Long hours low pay. This is a false Jon title just to get applicants.

Interview Questions

• Are you ok working 50+ hours a week?   1 Answer

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greece, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at 84 Lumber (Greece, NY).

Interview

Interview process was easy, I was offered three different stores as a manager trainee. However the onboarding was long took over a week. Interview manager was not at the location, when my interview was scheduled. Interview was done outside on front dock of store.