AAA The Auto Club Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 7, 2017

2.4

Emergency Roadside Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AAA The Auto Club Group (Dearborn, MI) in November 2017.

Interview

Never had an interview like this before. It was called a "structured interview". Most of the time with interviews, your interviewer not only gets a feel for your job qualifications, they get to see if your personality will fit in with their environment. It took 3 hours with most of it being wait time. Actual interview took around 15 minutes!!! Then after waiting so long you finally get in with the interviwer and she acts robotic. No smile, no giggle no eye contact just reading the paper of questions. After that long process it becomes very frustrating to get an email saying "your qualifications are impressive but there are other applicants who are a better fit", after being called after 8 pm and being told you have to go in and interview at 3 the next day. Then as my interview is offer and my interviewer is walking me out, I see a bunch of management gossiping about the previous interviewers which I know is against protocol and depending on what they were talking about HIPPA. If you want it go for it, just not the type of company I wish to work for. Some people were really nice. They need to come up with a different process as well as find a way to not make you wait 3 hours.

Associate Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AAA The Auto Club Group (Houston, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

During my phone interview, after discussing my previous work experience within the insurance industry the individual who was conducting the interview responded with, "When did you wake up and realize you wanted to work in Sales?" with a condescending tone and demeanor. Sadly the interview continued with this same tone and demeanor.

I would never speak in this way to an employee, customer or colleague. If this is how you speak to a potential candidate, how do you speak to your employees I must wonder? I hope no future candidate gets treated this way and if you do, understand that it may be best not to pursue the opportunity any further. Nobody should be spoken to in this way.

Interview Questions

• When did you wake up and realize you wanted to work in Sales?   1 Answer

Travel Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at AAA The Auto Club Group (Tampa, FL) in July 2017.

Interview

Smooth two interviews relaxed setting. My first interview happened to be in an open house setting. Then got called back for the 2nd interview. With a one on one supervisor.

Roadside Service Call Center Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Heathrow, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AAA The Auto Club Group (Heathrow, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

Was 12 minutes early to the interview location. Kept waiting by the HR person for 22 minutes in the lobby with one other candidate. This was a late Friday afternoon Interview Appointment in a 24/7/365 open Call Center. After a brief review of the job descripyoni by the HR person, in a hot (no air movement) meeting room, the two of us were left in the room for 7 more minutes of waiting (remember, no air) , while a meeting was arranged with a Call Center Floor Manager ( This interview was set up four days earlier). We both were then escorted to another area to take a "timed", 45 -minute open-book(Google Maps) map reading test (basic Google searches , with some tricky locations ---on which I was 100% correct on according to the HR person, but NO eye contact with me after test was scored by the HR person). Then escorted to another VERY small, cramped stuffy space with a round table and two chairs to await for another 11 minutes(by now it was apparent that the "waiting" periods were obviously a tactic of the Interview process ) , waiting for a Call Center Floor Manager to ask the interview call-center specific questions(about 10). This took about 15-20 minutes.Be prepared in advance so you are not surprised by the lack of respect for you as a candidate. Really expected more from a National-Brand Operation.

Interview Questions

• What would your response be to a customer if you were asked to make an "Exception" to a guideline or rule and no supervisor was available to ask ?   1 Answer

Interview

I applied online April 27, 2016 and completed the online assessment test. The very next day I received an invitation for an online/video interview, which I did not complete until almost a week later. A recruiter contacted me the same day to tell me I did a wonderful job and she would send my video to the manager who then called me literally 2 minutes after and she asked if I could come in today (Saturday), I agreed.

I was introduced by a supervisor who directed me to a woman sitting and taking calls to do side by sides listening to calls for about 30 minutes. I was then approached to come for my interview with manager and supervisor who both made me feel so relaxed and comfortable.

I was offered the job on the spot!

Interview Questions

• Why should I hire you?   Answer Question
    • What are you passionate about?   Answer Question
    • Describe how you handled working on a hectic day? How did you get through that day?   Answer Question
    • Describe your previous work experience?   Answer Question
    • & more behavioral & situational questions.

Just be prepared to give an example of scenario, what you did to help & outcome.

Good luck!   Answer Question

Negotiation

"If "Bob" came in for an interview today, explain to me why I should hire YOU over him?"

"We go through 100 applicants before we make a decision but we would like to offer you the position today, do you accept?"

Membership Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AAA The Auto Club Group (Tampa, FL) in November 2015.

Interview

Simple and quick, and straight to the point. I applied online and got an email from HR the next morning. They asked me when I would like for them to call to set up a phone interview. The next day, they did so and also scheduled me for an interview with the branch manager. I went in the next day to be interviewed. After I got home from the interview, about 15 min later, I got called by HR offering the position to me.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AAA The Auto Club Group (Nashville, TN) in March 2014.

Interview

Applied online, About 2-3 weeks later I received a phone call, I then realized I went through a third party employment placement company. She asked about my availability over the phone and if I can commit to 6 months, rotating weekends, holidays and some overtime when needed. I agreed to all and then I had an interview the very next day which took about 3 hours being I took 2 assessments then talked with 2 hiring managers.

Interview Questions

• The questions wasn't difficult at all.... They were all scenario questions. "What did you do in this situation" How would you handle this situation" that's pretty much all the questions I got.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations

Senior Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at AAA The Auto Club Group (Dearborn, MI) in February 2014.

Interview

Very comfortable and professional environment. The response to the interview was quick. Questions were mostly related to analytics. Requirements and job description was clear and match what the job entailed once I started.

Customer Service Representative ERS Interview

Anonymous Employee in Heathrow, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at AAA The Auto Club Group (Heathrow, FL) in January 2014.

Interview

Very long interview process. I spoke to someone on the phone, went in for 3 tests, talked to a Team Leader for over an hour face to face. Very good people to work with.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations. Hired on as a temp and everyone was paid the same amount. If you got hired in membership you got .50 more an hour.

Customer Service Advocate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AAA The Auto Club Group (Grand Rapids, MI) in November 2013.

Interview

first had to take an assesment online then was asked to come in for interview when got her had to take a typingt test and a road test where you had to locate members must pass the test given then there was trianing for 6weeks mandatory without missing any days