ACT Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ACT Interview Questions

Updated Sep 24, 2017

2.7

Coordinator Interview

Interview

Today, many companies have an involved interview process starting with screening interviews, which often take place on the phone, followed by in-person interviews, second interviews, and even third interviews. In addition to a hiring manager, you make meet with managers, employees, and other staff.

Interview Questions

• Inform us on past experience?   1 Answer

Development Interview

Interview

The interview process was quite long (over 2 months), and consisted of multiple phases. Overall, though, everyone was very professional throughout the process. My only complaint is the length of time invested for a non-managerial position.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ACT.

Interview

The internship mentor called and asked about backgrounds, skills, and interests. it took about 30 mins. Overall is very good conversation. And then wait for around 1 week to get the final decision.

Vendor Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Iowa City, IA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ACT (Iowa City, IA) in March 2017.

Interview

WARNING: Company ghosts candidates.

Unequivocally the most unprofessional interviewing experience of my career.

A recruiter located my resume off Dice, and said he needed several references and a brief essay why I was the best fit for the role before even talking to the hiring manager. After a few days, was asked to meet the hiring manager via videoconference. In between the initial discussion and the scheduled meeting, the scope of the role had changed at least twice.

At the scheduled time and day, nobody was on the videoconference. After an hour, it was decided to postpone to the next day (because they "wanted to make a decision" quickly). Next day, same thing...until my cell phone rang with the number of the hiring manager. The actual conversation was about 30 minutes, and was pretty straightforward and to the point. Was told that they were shortlisting candidates by the end of the week.

The week ended, and not a word. I followed up the next week, and was advised the decision had been postponed until the following week. After two weeks with no word, reached out to the recruiter, who conveniently "had just been told" that they were only pursuing local candidates at this time.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to relocate to Iowa City?   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Iowa City, IA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at ACT (Iowa City, IA) in February 2017.

Interview

Initial one-on-one with the hiring manager. Interview with HR rep before the panel interview. Panel interview with 2 people on the team plus the hiring manager. I was asked to do a presentation to the panel at the first of the interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you position our assessments to get leaders interested?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at ACT in October 2016.

Interview

Met with Talent Strategy, met with the hiring manager, met with the hiring managers manager & other coworkers within the department. The process took about 6 weeks from date of application to orientation.

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ACT (New York, NY).

Interview

Was recommended to apply for the position by the former district manager. Did two phone interviews - one with talent acquisition and one with hiring manager. Was told I should hear something within a week and loved everything I had to say. Needless to say two months later no response from anyone. Horrible communication and not worth the effort that went into me writing cover letter, resume, etc. Really disappointing

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to travel 75-80% of the time when the listing said 25-40%   Answer Question

Collection Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Angelo, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ACT (San Angelo, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

It was very professional, and very thorough. They asked quite a few questions about background, and life lessons. It was a few different people asking questions and it was a 3 step interview process

Interview Questions

• what is one thing that you think could you'd bring to our Company?   1 Answer

Customer Engagement Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Iowa City, IA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ACT (Iowa City, IA) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process is very formal with not a lot of experience required. They are just looking for people who will show up to work every day. As long as you are a down to earth person, you will be fine to get hired as a temp worker here.

Content Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ACT.

Interview

For a candidate seeking a non-leadership position, there were far too many hoops to jump through. A phone interview, a test, a work-product assignment test, then another phone interview, then over 3 hours of in-person interviews with seven people in four different rooms. The interviewers had competing agendas and did not seem very clear on what skill set they wanted. The definition of the position changed throughout the process. In the end, I did not get an offer, but I did get a curt formulaic e-mail for all of my time. I regretted applying, not because I did not get an offer, but because I let my time be wasted by an organization that was already showing signs of inefficiency and in-fighting to an outsider. The vetting process was overkill.