ACT Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at ACT

2.7

Phone Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harlingen, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at ACT (Harlingen, TX) in August 2011.

Interview

1 day process, not too long or drawn out. Very pleasant process. Not very difficult question. Pretty easy to pass interview. Not alot of hard to answer questions. Not bad at all

Negotiation

ok

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Iowa City, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ACT (Iowa City, IA) in December 2017.

Interview

Very straightforward and well organized. There were 2 phone interviews; one with HR and one with the manager and then one in person on-site interview with 2 managers, asked me behavioral and a lot of technical questions that were related to automation and Python.

Interview Questions

• Behavioural question and then some technical questions related to Automation and Python. Some whiteboard questions in Java.
      I would definitely know basics of Python.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ACT in September 2018.

Interview

Hiring process was fairly simple. No technical questions. Company brings you into their office, but the experience wasn’t terribly organized. It often felt like corners were cut on some areas.

Collections Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mason, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ACT (Mason, OH) in September 2018.

Interview

it was a very interesting process they made me wait for like 30+ minutes after my scheduled time, people didn't offer an explanation why I had to wait and then they made me come back in on a later day to complete the assessememt.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ACT in January 2015.

Interview

Securing a position here is extremely competitive. They receive a lot of applicants. Hiring decisions are left to individual departments, which gives each process a slightly different feel. Overall, the process was well coordinated and easy to follow for my research based department. For internship positions they keep the process on the shorter side, with only one interview for some and then sometimes a test to demonstrate your ability to meet position requirements.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about ACT?   1 Answer
    • What kind of work are you interested in in the future and how do you think this role will help you achieve those aspirations?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ACT.

Interview

The internship mentor called and asked about backgrounds, skills, and interests. it took about 30 mins. Overall is very good conversation. And then wait for around 1 week to get the final decision.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at ACT in January 2018.

Interview

A recruiter will call you first and tell you the process of the hiring and about the position. He was very helpful and answered all your questions. Easy to contact via email and phone.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Iowa City, IA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at ACT (Iowa City, IA) in February 2017.

Interview

Initial one-on-one with the hiring manager. Interview with HR rep before the panel interview. Panel interview with 2 people on the team plus the hiring manager. I was asked to do a presentation to the panel at the first of the interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you position our assessments to get leaders interested?   Answer Question

Senior Communications Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Iowa City, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ACT (Iowa City, IA) in January 2014.

Interview

I applied through LinkedIn and got a call within 48 hours from an extremely personable and candid rep of their Talent Strategy (i.e. HR) team. We talked for at least 20 minutes and she answered my questions directly which I appreciated because relocation was involved and I wasn't sure at all if I was ready to make the leap so I was asking some pretty pointed questions right out of the gate. Later that afternoon I had a phone interview with the hiring manager and after an hour or so talking to her the wheels were in motion for me to travel to Iowa City for onsite interviews. The hiring manager's admin literally worked miracles to line up interviews with me with about 8 or 9 people on very short notice and scheduled them all to fit a very tight window I had of basically one afternoon and the following morning. All of the conversations were in the same conference room and were extremely comfortable except one (the highest ranking person, who is no longer with the company). There was a nice cross-section of functions and levels represented (line level up to VP) and I was given time at the end of each interview to ask my own questions. The way the interviewers answered my questions to them were what really sold me on the company. The questions I fielded were generally of the stock variety (what appeals to you about this company/position, what did you enjoy about your last job, how did you handle x challenge or difficult situation, what motivates you, etc.). That said, the culture at ACT is a big deal so the interviews were as much about sussing out a good "fit" as getting to your technical skills and education. It may also explain why I was put in front of so many people even for a non-management position. The company paid all the expenses for my visit and I was treated wonderfully from the moment I set foot on campus. From the time I applied till I received my offer was less than a month and I started within 2 weeks of accepting the position. I was later told by long-timers that this was almost unheard of speed for an ACT hiring but I believe that their hiring process has been streamlined considerably since then so it might not be as unusual now.

Interview Questions

• VP (no longer with the company) asked me in these exact words, "Are you a good writer"?   1 Answer

Senior Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ACT.

Interview

The process when I was hired worked well. I communicated directly with the hiring manager for most of it, and customized work samples were used. I had a positive experience and communications were fluid considering the time of year and workload of the hiring manager. The questions were challenging but were able to help the hiring manager and me see that I was a match for the position.

Interview Questions

• In the work sample, I had to write a memo to stakeholders communicating an operational change, and also had to create workflows.   Answer Question