AIDS Healthcare Foundation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

1. Featured Interview

RN Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AIDS Healthcare Foundation (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

Applied on line and was contacted by the HR Department for a phone interview. After the screening I was scheduled for an appointment for a face to face interview with the hiring manager at the site where the position was available..

Interview Questions

• Why was I interested in working for AHF   1 Answer

Linkage Specialist to Care Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at AIDS Healthcare Foundation (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

The interviewers were quite friendly. The first interview was in person, and the second interview was over the phone with the Director who over sees everything from a remote location. Generally, seems like a great place to work despite not taking the offer.

Interview Questions

• The director asks you a list of questions in order to get a general idea of your Knowledge, Skills, and Attitudes. Don't be afraid as they're very easy to talk to. Just come in with examples from prior work experiences in order to answer the questions. Many of the questions dealt with your interests in the position, previous challenges, and successes.   Answer Question

Care Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Hollywood, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at AIDS Healthcare Foundation (West Hollywood, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Interview was very laid back, and my interviewer was incredibly friendly. He spent most of the time telling me about the company instead of asking questions, but it gave me a good sense of what the company was about and where they were going. I ended up not taking the job because pay was low and it was out of my expertise, but I'd highly recommend anyone interested in a position like Care Coodrinator apply. Everyone at the office was friendly and respectful of one another. And the office attire was pretty casual, which is a huge plus for some.

Pharmacy Technician Benefits Administration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gardena, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AIDS Healthcare Foundation (Gardena, CA).

Interview

When I was interview in 2015, I was surprise with their technique. It started with myself introducing myself giving an overview of my different experience and my skills. Once I was done they asked if I had any questions I responded , I read the description that was provided before applying so my question is can you provide the direct duties entitle on a daily basis. She kinda mumbled never providing a complete answer. I asked can you give me more details on the different service you handle for the company. I didn't really get a straight answer. It was the strangest interview ever. I felt like the Manager didn't really know what the technicians handle on a daily basis.

Interview Questions

They offered a contractual term. I need a permanent full time position.

Front Office Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sherman Oaks, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at AIDS Healthcare Foundation (Sherman Oaks, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Everything went by fast. I got an immediate response after applying. I interviewed with the Office Administrator. Two days later I interviewed with the Director. I received a job offer a few hours after my interview with the Director. I started a week and a half later.

Creative Media Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AIDS Healthcare Foundation (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I was called to set up an initial interview with the Production coordinator. The first interview was fairly simple and straight forward. The production coordinator went over my resume with me and some of my work samples. She let me know that if I was selected, I would be contacted for a 2nd round interview where I would prepare a work sample and present it to the department and then be interviewed by the department about my work sample.

I was called to come back for the 2nd round about a week or so after my initial interview. I was given instructions to create a short PSA video using pre-recorded footage from an AHF event. I had about a week to finish it and send it in, and then I had to schedule a meeting for the 2nd round, where I would present my PSA to the whole department and be interviewed about my skills and choices for the PSA. As intimidating as I thought the interview with the whole department was going to be, it was actually really enjoyable. They have a great team at their Los Angeles office, and the questions and feedback I got from their team was very encouraging and positive throughout the interview.

I ended up not getting the job, which was a bummer because of how long the interview process was. I had to leave early 2 days at my current job to drive for each of the in-person interviews, and I took a 3rd day off to finish my work sample for my presentation. So it just sucked to go through all that AND risk my current job position and then still not get the job. It would be nice if they instead made one of those in-person interviews an over-the-phone or Skype interview for those of us who may have to balance a current job.

Otherwise, this seems like an amazing company with amazing people, and I would actually still apply if a desired position came about in the future.

Interview Questions

• Are you okay with working closely with the LGBT community?   1 Answer

Linkage to Care Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AIDS Healthcare Foundation (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

The person that interviewed me would be my direct supervisor if I do get chose to be hired. the interview experience was very straight to the point, yet very inviting. She made me feel comfortable to discuss, what are my future goals as well as my long term goals for my career.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the personal traits that your boss think you need work on?   Answer Question

Head of Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AIDS Healthcare Foundation (Dallas, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was comducted by both the Regional Manager and Store Manager. It was informative. Learned about the company and its mission. We also discussed my background and qualifications. It was very laid back and a positive experience. I was told that the next step of the interview process was hearing from the HR rep. I was told that it would take a few days. However, I received an email later that day from the rep. She stated that the two people who administered the interview were highly impressed. She attached a link for me to submit a background and a formal application. Now I am waiting to hear back with my results. I do encourage those who apply and interview be upfront with your criminal background.

Interview Questions

• Am I able to work in a diversed community of people from all backgrounds?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. The salary is set.

I T Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AIDS Healthcare Foundation (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in August 2014.

Interview

I was working at a good job, earning over $50k/yr when this company, with the word "compassionate" in its company motto called me about a re'sum'e I had sent them a few months earlier. I explained I was already employed and they asked me if I was open to the great opportunity they were offering. It sounded good, an AIDS advocacy group, fighting the good fight for AIDS patients, great pay, benefits, weekday schedule, etc., etc..
    It was a Wednesday and I told them I wanted to give 2 weeks notice to my present employer but he said they NEEDED me to start the next week. I gave 3 days notice and started the next week. They sat me in a chair and ignored me for a week. After a week I finally got a telephone extension. In fact, over the 10 weeks I was with this company I had a TOTAL of approximately 30 minutes interaction with my direct supervisor. I was asked to remove some network equipment (router, switches, WAPs etc.) out of their "old" HQ down the road. I did that. Then I was given a couple of assignments they had gotten behind on. I did that. Then, the week my benefits kicked in they "severed employment" with me. Wouldn't even tell me WHY. The person who hired me would not even look me in the eye as he walked me out.
    In short: This company headhunted me away from a better job, worked me until I got them all caught up on overdue projects, then laid me off, telling me "no reason was given", that it was "a corporate decision" and walked me out. Yeah, good luck with this company.

Interview Questions

• The interview was a breeze. They were headhunting me, after all.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Their offer was good, they wanted me to start right away.

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Interview

Original contact was with H.R. Director. We had a very pleasant phone interview and I was set-up for an in person interview. Met with CFO and Controller. Neither was friendly, nor were they very interested in my expertise and knowledge. I explained that accuracy was my number one asset, which they stressed was not important to them. They were interested in high volume. As I was leaving, I observed the majority of the staff was laid back and chatting. Not being hired was a blessing.