AJ Bell Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at AJ Bell

2.5

Pensions Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AJ Bell (Manchester, England (UK)) in October 2011.

Interview

30 mins written paper. This covers basic grammar and arithmetic. You are sat on your own which is a bit daunting to some interviewees who I have spoke to since.

The interview is with 2 managers, who will be the operational managers whom have vacancies. It's scripted and it includes such classics as "what is your greatest achievement?".

IT Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at AJ Bell (Manchester, England (UK)) in May 2019.

Interview

I was approached by an IT recruitment company about a role with AJ Bell.
    There wasn't any phone interviews (other than the recruiters) and was invited straight to a face to face with two senior members of the department.
    Lovely place, very welcomed from the receptionist to the hiring managers.
    The interview consisted of usual HR questions, past experience and technical discussion.
    There was a technical test in the end.
    Despite not being offered I enjoyed meeting people at AJ Bell.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when you messed up and what would you do different now in the same scenario.   Answer Question

Admin Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AJ Bell (Manchester, England (UK)) in May 2018.

Interview

Had to do 4 tests beforehand which were relatively simple, with numerical reasoning, spelling, clerical checking and verbal reasoning and then had an face to face interview with 2 managers straight after. The managers were nice and put me at ease. The staff there was all very polite.

Interview Questions

• Competency questions and what do you know about the company and it’s products   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salford, North West England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AJ Bell (Salford, North West England, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

Online test before the interview - 4 different tests including maths, spelling and checking (about 30 minutes), followed by an interview with 2 managers from the Customer Services departments. They told me that they were both hiring for staff and if I was successful I would be offered a job in one of their teams. The interview took around 1 hour and was held at the offices. I found out I had been successful a few days later.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about AJ Bell   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AJ Bell.

Interview

Telephone interview about role. Assessment centre tests on numeracy and spelling skills. And then a face to face competency interview which was about myself, my goals and my knowledge on the business and the products it offers.

Customer Service Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AJ Bell (Manchester, England (UK)) in June 2019.

Interview

Applied online with CV. A few days later I received an invitation for a phone interview with a member of the HR team. I was then invited to an interview 2 weeks later.
    On the day had to complete a 20 minute online test which included maths, spelling, clerical checking and verbal reasoning. The interview itself was with 2 managers, who were both very friendly and put me at ease, and the interview lasted roughly 45 minutes. The interview was based around competency based questions on previous work experience and what you know about the company and its products.
    I received an offer the following day.

Customer Service Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AJ Bell (Manchester, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

I filled out an online application form. 1 week later I had a phone interview with a member of HR, who then invited me to an interview with 2 managers roughly 2 weeks later.
    The interview itself was very relaxed and pleasant, with scripted questions mainly focused around competency based examples of your past experiences. The 2 managers were very nice and put me at ease.
    Immediately following the test I sat 4 computer based tests, which tested my verbal reasoning, numerical reasoning, clerical checking and spelling.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you have had to deal with a dissatisfied customer and what did you do to resolve the issue?   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AJ Bell (Manchester, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

I was given a telephone interview and was very basic just asking about what you know about the company, your experience and a few competency based questions. I got a reply back within a week. the overall experience was it was quite easy but you have to push for feedback.

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AJ Bell (Manchester, England (UK)).

Interview

Phone and in-person interview. Standard technical questions. Few question from direct manager and from HR. Good impression during interview. Got answers to my questions. Few competency based questions together with previews experience

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Call Centre Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AJ Bell (Manchester, England (UK)) in July 2014.

Interview

2 stages. phone interview then a face to face one. Spoke with some team leaders. I wanted to go and do some business development stuff. they said they will put me in the complaints team