AJ's Fine Foods Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at AJ's Fine Foods

Catering Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AJ's Fine Foods (Mesa, AZ) in July 2016.

Interview

Was interviewed by the current catering director(as so a chef) as well as the executive chef. Very straight forward questions about work experience, contributions to current business, strengths and weakness etc.
    I was then taken into the kitchen and shown the current catering menu. After this the current catering director asked me to prepare a dish (chicken) was the only ingredient I was given to build upon. My performance was overseen from gathering ingredients, all prep and cutting, cooking and plate presentation. Both chefs then sampled the plate and gave me a review.
     Overall, both chefs were straightforward, nice and seemed like they would be great to work with.

Interview Questions

• If you were one ingredient, what would you be and why?   Answer Question

CSM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale Ranch, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AJ's Fine Foods (Scottsdale Ranch, AZ).

Interview

Basically it's interviewing when there is an actual opening and you have a connection on the inside. And have the ability to walk, talk, breath and use a pallet jack.

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at AJ's Fine Foods (Scottsdale, AZ) in January 2015.

Interview

It was very brief, fairly simple, and straight to the point. The man who interviewed me CLEARLY had no interest, was distracted and did not make eye contact. I felt disrespected and undervalued. There were no questions about my personal skills or abilities that were asked of me. He seemed dubious of the fact that I would be able to meet the physical requirements of lifting ice and moving carts. I feel that AJ'S most likely had already hired someone before my own interview, it was obvious the interviewer did not have an interest towards me. Overall, I would only recommend this position to someone who is in high school and would like to make a few bucks here or there. If you're considering to apply here, be warned that you'll have to be keen on keeping the interest level high during the interview. I believe AJ'S is a fine company, nice costumer service and products, I still continue to shop here and there.

Executive Chef Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AJ's Fine Foods.

Interview

Very informal. Seemed as though management had made their selection before starting interviews.

Wine Steward Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AJ's Fine Foods (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Applied online and was called for an interview shortly after. Went for first interview which was casual, discussed hours/duties/pay...Came back for a second interview and than orientation procedures...

Negotiation

Was not able to negotiate...

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at AJ's Fine Foods (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2012.

Interview

Brief overview of policies allow for complete understanding of job title, very simple, sometimes people get hired on the spot. Drug test and personality tests are mostly formalities. Management is extremely helpful in the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you with suggesting sales to potential customers?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Interview

interview and GD

didnt find good role