AMP Limited Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AMP Limited Interview Questions

Updated Mar 8, 2017

2.7

Accounting Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AMP Limited.

Interview

Interview process was basically application, psychometric testing, group interview and activity and finally a final interview along with solving a business problem in which you had to present on at the end of an hour.

The overall process was good with quick communication and was one of the first companies to get back to you on your application status.

The case study usually has a few things happening that you could mention and it tests strategic thinking rather than technical skills.

Interviewers were very friendly and the company culture is great for someone entering the workforce for the first time.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Docklands (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at AMP Limited (Docklands (Australia)).

Interview

The process was a joke, we were called on Wednesday had the interview on Friday and they call us back the next day and said can you start on Monday if you cannot then you will lose the offer. Had to leave my previous employer of 10 years in 1 day because of this mob.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at AMP?   1 Answer

Contact Center Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AMP Limited (Melbourne (Australia)) in September 2016.

Interview

Online application, video interview, face to face panel, and still waiting for the result. One manager from the contact center team, another manager from complaint team, tell us about yourself, behavioral quedtions and role play.

Interview Questions

• How do you make sure you are free from errors   1 Answer

Business Support Role Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AMP Limited.

Interview

Step 1 - HR call
    Step 2 - Interview with direct manager
    Step 3 - Interview with direct manager (again) and a senior colleague in the team

Not great, very little clarity from the start whether it was a full time or part time role.
    Did not bother to call me to give me feedback after the 2nd round interview.

Interview Questions

• When have you had to work with a colleague to solve an issue?   Answer Question

Financial Services Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AMP Limited (Sydney (Australia)) in April 2016.

Interview

Online testing and pre-recorded video interview, followed by an invitation only information session in the AMP Sydney offices including interviews and a group presentation on a case study. Finally an assessment centre including two 30 minute interviews and a presentation: 15 minutes to present and 15 minutes Q&A from two judges working in financial services.

Overall the recruiting team, interviewers and judges were all very friendly and engaging throughout the process. There were many opportunities provided to ask questions and network with the assessors as well as current graduates in a more relaxed environment outside of assessments.

Interview Questions

• What is one non-economic trend which will impact AMP's future business operations.   Answer Question
    • How can AMP greater incorporate technology into its business to improve results.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AMP Limited (Sydney (Australia)) in June 2015.

Interview

Got the information from the recruiter that the interview will only last 10-15mins as the Hiring Manager likes to keep it short. I understand people make their judgement within that time already usually but you won't really get to know someone really isn't? Plus if you the manager is not taking their time to get to know you, how will it be on the first day on the job? Very strange interview and didn't got a good vibe from the manager.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AMP Limited (Sydney (Australia)) in April 2015.

Interview

One hour face to face interview. I interviewed with two gentlemen from the digital arm for a project management position, who were smart and asked the right questions and I delivered as I'm quite experienced in my filed.

The reason that I'm giving this a negative experience is that THREE weeks later they have NOT bothered to get back to me with a 'thanks but no thanks'. AMP seems to feel its ok to engage a candidate, interview them and just not bother to close the loop. I should add that there is an agent in the middle when whom I approached just said they've tried to get in touch however AMP is just not getting back to them. Either way AMP please have the decency to get back to the candidate so they can make other decisions etc.

Data Quality Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at AMP Limited.

Interview

Informal chat at the head office with the hiring manager. He introduced the role and the department and then posed a problem that he was dealing with that day and asked how I would solve that.

Interview Questions

• They had specific problems that needed to be fixed today.   1 Answer

Customer Service Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AMP Limited (Sydney (Australia)) in February 2015.

Interview

Standard group assessment day, looking for vibrant people to fit the company ethos. Show personality without being overbearing and just show that you're a genuine likeable person and you'll be fine. Then there are one (or for some people two) 1-1 interviews with team managers, again they just want to ensure you aren't dumb and get to know you and ensure you will fit in as everyone is very friendly. Show you are outgoing, kind, polite and calm and you will be OK. They will provide you a mock phone call scenario and leave the room for you to prepare and then call in. Ensure you do all the requirement specs on the page (SECURITY CHECK!), create a bit of small talk (they may pretend to get frustrated to see how you are under pressure, just say no problem you'll get it done as quick as possible and cut out the small talk) and SHOW EMPATHY and be understanding when they say something sad about themselves. The empathy factor is important in customer service so this is a major thing they look for. Do those three things and you'll probably get the job!

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

It was more crisp and to the point. but the package offered was not up to the mark. Interviewer had go od kno wledge on the ques ions that he ask ed

I didtn like it