APCON Interview Questions | Glassdoor

APCON Interview Questions

Updated Aug 23, 2017

2.6

Business Interview

Interview

This was the most bizarre 45 minutes of attempted communication with a CEO ever. His verbal and non-verbal responses to my answers can be described as incredulous. In a short span of time, there were repeated behaviors to denigrate. These behaviors are perhaps displacement actions, maybe some form of NPD. Caveat Venditor

Communication with Oregon HR and Marketing person was very good, a positive experience.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at APCON.

Interview

Initial phone screen plus multiple video interviews with different departments and a proposed panel interview at HQ. Unfortunately, they put the process on hold with no date to re-engage.

Web Content Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at APCON (Portland, OR) in September 2016.

Interview

I was contacted ~6 weeks after applying through LinkedIn. I had one phone interview which was disjointed and incomplete....not very well led by the recruiter. She asked to continue/finish another day (after calling me 10 minutes late for the 30-minute call) and that you would contact me in a few hours to schedule. I did not hear from her. I sent a "no thank you" note the next day. Messed up process that did not make me feel valued as a potential manager. I wish I had read glass door reviews prior to applying - they were dead on.

Interview Questions

APCON Response

Oct 25, 2016 – Human Resources Manager

Thank you for your feedback as we are always looking to improve our processes. Our Recruitment Team's goal is to gain an understanding of each candidate's knowledge, experience, and abilities... More

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at APCON (Portland, OR) in August 2016.

Interview

Two phone interviews and one Skype interview. Flew to Portland for a half day of face to face interviews with a very, very welcoming team. I must say, the entire process was very impressive. I coming from a much larger company and the professionalism exhibited by this staff was second to none.

Interview Questions

• Too many to list. But nothing out of the ordinary. Typical marketing industry questions like experience, processes, financials, etc.   1 Answer

Sep 20, 2016 – Senior Communications Manager

Many thanks for your feedback. Congratulations and welcome aboard. We wish you success in your career at APCON.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at APCON.

Interview

hiring process was fairly quick from first contact through initial screening plus 2 interviews (6 people). It was about three weeks from initial online submission to offer. Communication was good the entire time.

Interview Questions

• Asked to show samples of prior work.   1 Answer

Sep 11, 2015 – Human Resource Generalist

Thank you for your post on Glassdoor. It is great to have your feedback on the interview process. We are thrilled you joined the APCON team!

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at APCON.

Interview

Brief 30 minute on-site interview with the CEO and COO.
    Phone interview with a Senior Software Engineer that was mostly OO/C++ and network questions.
    Flew to Oregon for a day long interview that was with several engineers that was mostly pseudo code type problem solving. A few general interview type thought experiments

Interview Questions

• Write a function that would detect if two rectangular objects overlapped given their x,y and length/width.   1 Answer

Sep 29, 2015 – Human Resource Generalist

Thank you for your interview review. We really appreciate your feedback. We are excited you accepted the position and wish you great success in your new role!

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at APCON (Dallas, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

The process was odd and uncomfortable. I applied online and had a phone interview with a very inexperienced HR person. She was vague and unsure of how to answer my questions and it seemed she was hiding something. She made me very uncomfortable and I asked if she was a recruiter and she is not. I found it odd that no one in recruiting was talking to me so I read the reviews here and it makes sense now. I decided to not interview anymore with this company.

Interview Questions

• Have I worked for a difficult boss and have I worked without a boss?   1 Answer

Nov 4, 2015 – Human Resource Generalist

Thank you for your interview review. We realize that we have solid competition throughout the employment market. APCON strives to be an employer of choice and your honest feedback helps us to improve... More

Administrative Function Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at APCON in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online. An internal recruiter left me a voicemail, requesting I contact her to schedule a phone interview. I called to schedule the interview and she chose to interview me on the spot. It was rushed on both our ends. She was attempting to squeeze me in, finding a quiet place to talk. I had an upcoming meeting at the office. The recruiter also said they weren't sure about the title of the job posting. The posting stated a manager level position but was actually more of a senior staff role. That admission was appreciated but a bit disconcerting. It seem as if the posting was misrepresentative of the role, they would have bothered to change it. The best way to describe this process is "disorganized".

Interview Questions

• The interview was easy but the entire process lacked professionalism.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at APCON in September 2014.

Interview

I applied from a public board and was contact by a Human Resources professional out of Oregon by phone for a brief interview. Then I was interviewed by one of the Oregon Directors by phone and another Oregon Director performed an interview via Skype. The last interview was Skyped with the CEO and the first professional from Human Resources.

Interview Questions

• Everyone asked standard behavioral based questions.   1 Answer

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at APCON.

Interview

Received an unsolicited call from HR department. Pleasant conversation - did a Skype interview with HR. I agreed to explore the opportunity and HR set up a telephone call with a Sales Director. The Sales Director/Interviewer stood me up twice until we finally chatted.

The call/discussion went very well. We seemed to be on the same page throughout the entire interview, We had some people/customers in common and our technical background was similar. The interviewer had to end the call abruptly but we agreed to meet in person the next time he was in town in approximately two weeks.

HR set up the meeting and we met at a hotel lobby. I decided to break the ice by identifying with the sales director by bringing up the people and background we had discussed we had in common. I found it bizarre that he could not remember a single customer that he had told me on the phone that he knew. Anyway, the interviewer talked a lot about how technical his products are and he seemed very knowledgeable about Apcon, but the longer we talked the more obvious it became that he knew very little about much anything else- the territory, the industries and markets in the territory etc. - He was kind of like what you would call an "empty suit" or what you might call a knowledgeable "order taker".

I got out of there as soon as I could.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions, a few questions about my previous company that I felt should not be asked. Very unprofessional.   Answer Question