Abacus Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

Interviews for Top Jobs at Abacus Technologies

Inside Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Forest, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Abacus Technologies (Lake Forest, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

They hire almost anyone. A cognitive test and IQ test is all they ask for you to do. If you pass, they hire you and then you will become miserable. This company has no values or morals. You are better off selling your soul to the devil.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to join our company?
      Are you a closer?   1 Answer

Inside Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naples, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Abacus Technologies (Naples, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

It was a three step process interview. First interview was with the HR Director, second one was with the sales manager followed by an online assessment. The online assessment was a personality test (similar to DISC), followed by 67 (!) questions with different sales scenarios.

The interview with the HR Director was very professional and in a nice atmosphere. The only thing which disturbed me was when I asked her who comes first at Abacus: Customers or employees - she said customers... I would highly disagree but I appreciated her honesty.

The interview with the sales manager was more about her telling me about the position, emphasizing that you have to do minimum 100 phone calls per day, building up you account list within the next 3 months. I guess in that time they weave out the people with grit and consistency who don't get discouraged. When I asked her what she likes most about her job she said: the money.

I can tell that this company has a system in place which works for highly motivated sales people who are driven by money. It is not the most sophisticated (over 100 cold calls per day - no real pre qualifying...) but it seems to work for many years.

Interview Questions

• Why do you believe you are a good fit for Abacus? Tell us a time where you did a mistake? Tell us your biggest success? How do you feel about quotas?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Naples, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Abacus Technologies (Naples, FL).

Interview

Did a phone interview, interview with HR then interview with Sales Manager. Overall experience was wonderful, Cindy is the best. It was a 2-3 hour interview and time flew by.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Abacus Technologies (Austin, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

Interview is 2 sessions long. First interview is a sit down with manager, then you take a test. Then you get called back in and take an even longer test. Then you get the offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations, they made a verbal offer then sent me a letter describing the pay and what is expected during the first 90 days

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Abacus Technologies.

Interview

Initial phone screen followed by an in person interview, two tests, 1 aptitude, the second psychological and sales situations, after which they submit all of this to a consultant who decides if you are

Interview Questions

• Would you tell a lie to a potential customer in order to get the sale closed?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Abacus Technologies (Austin, TX) in May 2013.

Interview

The testing to get into the company itself is hard. You will have to take a psyche test, a sales test and a competency test. If you do not test well in all tests and make it through two interviews you will not be working there. This is a benefit however if you get in because you don’t work with stupid people. Also, if you cannot make 100 calls a day to people who probably don’t want to hear from you then this is not for you.

Interview Questions

• I was asked on the initial application if I had ever filed for unemployment. this is illegal in the state of Texas   1 Answer

Negotiation

none. they told you.

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Naples, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Abacus Technologies (Naples, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

The hiring process is three step process. It is two meetings with Human resources, three aptitude tests and then meeting with the Head of Sales. Everyone I spoke to is professional and seem like a great place to work

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Naples, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Abacus Technologies (Naples, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

Resume sent, filled out a form online through glassdoor's link. Received a callback from a very pleasant woman and got asked some mostly fun questions. The in-person interview was a little tougher, they really only take the best of the best here. Had to take two separate tests on a computer. One was an intelligence test, the other a personality test. Then I met my manager and I started the next Monday.

Interview Questions

• What is an example of the best business decision you've made at your previous job, what is an example of the worst.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much negotiation, the sales salary is a sliding scale and has commission, so if you work hard you make more.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Forest, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Abacus Technologies (Lake Forest, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

It is a phone screen, then a 1 on 1 with one or two members of staff then a follow up. Assessment test and then more interviews and lots of non responsive emails and lots of messages left in the interim. No attention to HR as this is done at local level by Manager who is non efficient and too busy being a " SALES GOD"

Interview Questions

• Why would we want to hire you instead of some fresh and eager younger person. Are you burned out on sales?   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Abacus Technologies.

Interview

Initial Communication was quick and painless. Not a lot of HR hoops to jump through.
    Had one in person interview and one over the phone. Hiring (and firing) decisions made quickly.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations made.