Abaxis Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Abaxis Interview Questions

2.2

Field Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Abaxis.

Interview

Phone Screen, followed by Manager meeting you in person, must submit professional references online, and submit them so they can respond via email on your behalf. Several upper level Management phone screens.

Pacific Rim Distribution Channel Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Abaxis (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

A few years ago, I arranged an interview with Abaxis where I was to meet with a VP and one of the HR managers. The HR manager was an hour late. I had an e-mail confirming 2 pm, with the HR manager arriving at 3 pm. Fine, no big deal, mix-ups happen. The receptionist had me wait and I was sent to talk to the VP first.

My interview with the VP went well, until we began talking about Japan. He saw that I had lived there for two years, and he began talking to me about Japanese people. I asked if he had the opportunity to spend any time there, and he said he had visited a few times for on business. He expressed a certain view about the Japanese people and their personalities/mannerisms, and I expressed mine in a way that was not confrontational, "I found that in my experience, the Japanese people I met were..." as I wanted to share my opinion also.

Well, this set him off. He began lecturing me about how I was wrong, how I didn't know what I was talking about, etc. He didn't bother explaining WHY I was wrong, just that I was. While he may have some business dealings with Japan, I would not go so far to say his experience somehow invalidated my two years of living in Japan. I minored in Asian studies. I speak Japanese semi-fluently and passed the JLPT level 2. I'm involved with Japanese community groups in the U.S. and still visit regularly. I'm certainly not some random guy off the street trying to claim expertise I don't have. If the topic was Japanese business, I may have just deferred to his experience but this was about Japanese people and their mannerisms, of which I know quite a bit. Regardless, it was no reason for him to suddenly scold me and put me down.

I didn't bother trying to argue with him, as at this point he had grown very animated and loud in his "lecture". I was stunned by his lack of professionalism. It's one thing to disagree; it's another to scold someone in a job interview. I went through the rest of the interview with all the professional politeness I could muster and got the hell out. I accepted another position about two weeks later at a different company.

Needless to say, you can read the reviews of this company to get an idea of what the culture is like. "Management" is repeated often as a con. Keep your dignity and avoid this place.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember the questions.   1 Answer

Medical Assembler Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Abaxis.

Interview

I applied online then next day they had phone interview. After two days they had formal interview and finally a basic inspection test. It was very simple interview. After few hours in evening they sent mail for drug screening.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You can't negotiate.

Chemist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Abaxis (San Jose, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

It was a phone interview, and they asked for my education and experience. As a college student, they asked for the reason for my interest in the company. And how knowledgeable I was with biotechnology.

Interview Questions

• Describe a biotech experiment you read about.   1 Answer

Medical Device Assembler - Temp Interview

Anonymous Employee in Union City, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Abaxis (Union City, CA).

Interview

Straight forward common interview questions. They will ask you to do a simple basic inspection test about the product.

Interview Questions

• Not really a difficult question, but they will ask you this: "Are you fast paced?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

Hourly rate is non-negotiable. Applied through temp agency.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Abaxis.

Interview

Interview process is OK.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Union City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Abaxis (Union City, CA).

Interview

They tend to use Craigslist to advertise and attend local colleges for candidates.

Phone interview. Personal interview to follow.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult employment situation and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary was a range dependent on experience.

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Easy interview and very friendly hiring staff. Began with a phone interview and then came in to speak with the hiring manager, then the supervisor and lastly the director. The overall process was fairly straight forward.

Lab Aide/Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Abaxis in April 2012.

Interview

Interviewed with HR and the Lab Director followed by an interview with the Technicians two weeks later. After being told I was being recommended for the Lab Aide position I waited 4 days then had to contact HR to get the forms. They submitted me for a backrgound check and told me they wanted to offer me the Lab Technician position instead. I was informed initially by the reference company that their may be a problem due to having worked as a contractor and informed AVRL of this immediately. The check was done and came back clean with no problems, but AVRL chose to claim they had never received it, denied they had intended to hire me in direct contrast to their actions and e-mails and even though they knew a potentially negative report could have sunk not only my job with them but with other places. To this day they will not respond, admit they received the report, follow through with the job offer or provide any communication since doing so would admit their deception and possibly force them to actually take responsibility for their actions. Contrary to what they claim on their website, they are not helpful, communicative or willing to take responsibility for what they do, at least in this case.

Interview Questions

• Just basic questions about past lab and instrument experience from the Lab Director. HR seemed to want to get me out of there as soon as possible once they saw I was over 40.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Abaxis in August 2009.

Interview

Typical, though in hind sight I should have asked more questions as earnings potential was misrepresented.