Abbott Northwestern Hospital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Abbott Northwestern Hospital

2.9

Patient Access Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Abbott Northwestern Hospital (Minneapolis, MN) in September 2012.

Interview

Basic questions with two supervisors, talked about scheduling what the job entails and then about me and my qualifications. They were easy to talk to and did very well at explaining what the job entailed. They asked serious questions about me and my work ethic.

Interview Questions

• What makes you want to work for a hospital   1 Answer

Infection Preventionist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Abbott Northwestern Hospital.

Interview

First round was an in-person interview with one individual. Second round is a panel interview with 3-4 infection preventionists, quality director, and hospital infectious disease epidemiologist. Took about 3 weeks after first round to be notified of second round selections.

Interview Questions

• They asked many of the basic interview questions, but then also asked about specific infectious disease experience and project management experience.   Answer Question

Lpn Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Abbott Northwestern Hospital (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2019.

Interview

Arrive early, check in at volunteer desk. They note what time you arrive, this is part of the process. Be ready to answer questions, they have a form of questions to ask. You go to the floor you are interviewing for and get a tour.

Interview Questions

• What is LPN scope of practice   1 Answer

Environmental Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Abbott Northwestern Hospital (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2009.

Interview

it was a average interview process, i enjoyed questions and i had abilities as well.

Physician Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Abbott Northwestern Hospital (Minneapolis, MN) in December 2007.

Interview

called recieved from department manager, we set-up a date to meet. Day of the meeting chat about the position, questions & answers, expectation, meet up with other managers and staff, salary & benefits negotiations. I accepted the position and started a week later prior to orientation & excellian training.

Interview Questions

• Did you havea negative work history ? why are you leaving your current employer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

salary. Do your homework, be open about what you are looking for & don't be afraid to go for what you know you deserved & worst case they will meet you in the middle if they know you can prove you can do the job.

PAs Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Abbott Northwestern Hospital (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2015.

Interview

First started off with a phone interview within a few weeks of applying online for the position. Nothing out of the ordinary, the Supervisor did most of the talking about the role and the duties. Did not really ask me any questions about background or experience. After speaking on the phone for 15 minutes, I was offered to come in the following business day because of the weekend. For the in person interview, I showed up early like I always do for interviews. Probably 20 minutes prior to the scheduled time. I sat and waited maybe 10-15 minutes passed the scheduled time when I was approached by the supervisor. We went back to the office and again it was more of a laid back feel. Discussed schedules, departments, tools and resources need to work, start date, and even salary. I honestly thought I had the job but a few days later, I received an email stating I was not chosen.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions. Nothing new or things that may stump someone.   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Abbott Northwestern Hospital.

Interview

I submitted an online application but did not hear back, in fact I received and email saying "no thank you, a union member got the position." I happened to know someone who worked in the department I applied to and they went to the hiring manager. The hiring manager then had HR pull my application for an interview. As part of the competency assessment, I took an online simulation assessment. After passing that test, I was given an in-person interview with the hiring manager. I was offered the position on the following work day from the HR rep.

Interview Questions

• The simulation test was unexpected. It involved real-life RN dilemmas and an analysis of vital signs and physical assessments.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. The union really prevents people from trying to negotiate their salary when it is contracted in.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Abbott Northwestern Hospital (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by HR to schedule an interview by 3 person panel. The recruiter or HR rep asked about my history as a nurse and what i knew about Allina etc.

Interview Questions

• how do you start your day on the floor   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Abbott Northwestern Hospital (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2015.

Interview

Great interview process. I was contacted by HR who asked me a few questions about my preference as to what kind of area I would like to interview for and after a short discussion she matched me with a floor where I was interviewed by the nurse manager. It was a one on one interview process with behavior style and personal questions. Very easy to discuss topics with the manager. Heard back from HR within a few days with the result of the interview. Would recommend interviewing at this hospital.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a conflict you had with a coworker and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Abbott Northwestern Hospital (Minneapolis, MN) in November 2014.

Interview

Laid back, comfortable. The interview felt more like a conversation rather than a question and answer format. We were in a small room sitting around a round table. It was me and then two managers.