Absolute Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Absolute Interview Questions

Updated Feb 17, 2017

2.8

Technical Support Analyst Level II Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Absolute.

Interview

Received a call from the recruiter. Initially screening went well. Over two weeks went by and I received a call from the recruiter again. She informed me that I qualified to come in and take an on-site skill set assessment. We scheduled for the next available time slot (a week out).

I arrived at their location, but no one was around and the office was dark. I walked in and stood there for 5 minutes. No receptionist and the lights were off. Called the recruiter, but went to voice mail (recurring theme with recruiter). After 5 minutes, a woman approached me and was surprised I was able to walk in the office without their card reader preventing me from accessing their main lobby (apparently I was supposed to ring a doorbell/no one informed me of this. I took the test and left. Gentleman who gave the assessment was very polite.

Another week passed with no word. Then, at the 11th hour on a Friday (again), after assuming the worst, I received word that the assessment went well. She then requested a follow-up interview with an IT admin from Vancouver. Scheduled the call and five days later I spoke with the interviewer. Basic administration/network questions. I enjoyed speaking with this individual the most as he was the most personable. A week passed and then received a call at the 11th hour on a Friday that I was chosen for a third interview with a senior level IT individual located in Europe. A few days later I spoke with him over the phone and the interview, as previously performed, went very well. He thanked me for my time and stated he looked forward to speaking with me further.

I never heard anything from anyone ever again at this organization. The recruiter never returned my calls (2 VM left) or my email left over the course of two weeks. I originally anticipated a return call within a 2 week span due to the sporadic intervals of communication and lack of consistency. She never picked up when I called and would only call back the next day or even days later. The recruiter gave me great feedback, providing flattery and confidence-inspiring reassurance over the lifespan of the interview process when we did speak. She would make a great sales person, not a recruiter.

Investigative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Absolute (Miami, FL) in May 2009.

Interview

Very pleasant interview. Initial contact was through a friend who knew one of the hiring managers who ten contacted me. Hiring process seemed to be based upon recommendation from a trusted source. I believe that the process may have to change as the company becomes larger as there will be a point when recommendations do not work.

Negotiation

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Absolute.

Interview

The interview consisted of many simple technical questions. It was quite casual and was not that hard. They also asked expected behavioral questions. The interview was just over an hour.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Absolute (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

30mins initial interview with recruiter. Then 2nd interview with hiring manager was also 30 mins. A little hard understanding his accent, but that's expected if English is not their first language.
    First 15 mins about my past experiences.
    Last 12 mins on coding and data structures. Fair questions.
    Final 3 minutes for my questions.

Interview Questions

• What are function closure in javascript? When is it used?
      Database structure and design. Comparison between NoSQL & traditional DB.
      Answer Question

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Absolute (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview was rescheduled multiple times for unknown reasons. When I went to the interview, the guy who was supposed to interview me did not show up and I was interviewed by somebody else. After mostly behavioural questions and then a few technical questions, interview was over.

QA Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Absolute (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed for my Coop internship. There were three members of the Quality Assurance team who interviewed me for the position. They were all very friendly and conversational and therefore the interview was very enjoyable. They gave me clear details on what technologies I would be working with and what the team dynamics of the software team was.

QA Developer Interview

Interview

After a telephone call from HR, I was asked to attend two technical face-to-face interviews in one week. The first one was to test my technical background in coding/testing. I met QA director in the second interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Do you know command lines in linux? How to delete files in windows OS? please provide different methods. What do you think about OT?   Answer Question

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Absolute (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in January 2016.

Interview

Great interview process overall. They know what they are doing.
    - Phone screening: I talked to someone from HR team for about 15 min and I've got invited to the office

- 1st interview: I talked to department manager to answer some general questions (both technical and interpersonal) took about 30 min

- 2nd interview: I did some hands-on work to solve some technical problems. It took about 30 min

- 3rd interview: I talked with 3 director level people. They pushed my boundaries pretty hard.

Marketing Interview

Interview

Three interviews, straightforward process with clear communicaiton throughout. Prescreen with HR, then onto hiring manager and then VP. Entire process took 2 weeks. Gave me chance to ask questions and understand the company and process more.

Senior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Absolute (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

I was introduced by a recruiting agency. The process took couple of weeks (including one technical test in-house, one face to face meeting). After all these they came back and said we put a hold on hiring for now and maybe later we will start to hire again -o)