Acadian Asset Management Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Acadian Asset Management Interview Questions

Interviews at Acadian Asset Management

3.2

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Acadian Asset Management.

Interview

The initial process was pretty much standard. I got into contact with an HR employee and then got an interview set up. I only got to the phone screening but it was an enjoyable conversation both about myself and the position that I was applying for at the company. Unfortunately a week later they told me that they would be moving on with other candidates.

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Acadian Asset Management (Boston, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

1 HR Round and 2 Technical Rounds. The HR round has basic resume related questions and they also brief you about the company, job description and salary. The 1st Technical round is a phone interview which is for about 20-30 minutes. The 2nd Technical round is conducted on-site with 2 interviewers. Half an hour on-site interview with each interviewer.

Interview Questions

• C#, JAVA, Python, SQL, Data Structures, Academic Projects, Previous Employement Projects and Real world technical scenario based questions.   2 Answers

Client Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Acadian Asset Management (Boston, MA).

Interview

Applied online, was contacted shortly after to arrange an in person interview. Met with 2 different people who asked some pretty basic questions. Nothing too difficult or unexpected - both were friendly.

Interview Questions

• Asking me random financial term definitions like trailing risk. The position was a Client Service position, not financial analyst. Seemed disappointed I wasn't on mark with my answer.   Answer Question

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Acadian Asset Management (Boston, MA) in January 2018.

Interview

Phone screen (hands-on tech questions) and at least two rounds of onsite. First round is for rigorous hands-on scripting and linux CLI questions. The interviewers seemed more interested in proving their technical might than actually understanding what you're looking for in a job.

Interview Questions

• Describe the results of running this from the CLI:
      :(){ :|: & };:   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Acadian Asset Management.

Interview

I was invited to have a phone interview to kick of the initial conversation, once I passed that, I was invited to the office to meet with the recruiting manager and several key team members I would be working with. Each interview lasted about 30 minutes and fairly similar questions were asked, but it was more about how I would fit into the team culture. They told me they had a few more interviews lined up, and would give me a call. A few days later, I was called back to meet with the SVP, whom I met with and had a longer interview with and talked in depth about what I would bring to the team. I met with the recruiting manager another time and I was offered the position after this visit.

Interview Questions

• What leadership roles have you held in the past? How do you see yourself fitting in to the culture of our firm?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Acadian Asset Management (Boston, MA) in May 2014.

Interview

It was for a summer internship, and it lasts for 2 hours, 1 analyst and 2 portfolio managers interviewed me. Good location and nice environment. The process is on time and quick.

Investment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Acadian Asset Management (Boston, MA) in March 2019.

Interview

Applied online and interviewed with them for three rounds. One with HR, the other two with portfolio managers. I don't know what is happening with the HR. They NEVER reply to the email even though I wrote check in emails. Also, the HR said they needed 2 week to evaluate the candidates but I waited for 6 weeks between the second round and the third round and after the third round, I waited for another 4 weeks with the result unknown. I'm still waiting. The worst experience ever.

Interview Questions

• What are important parameters in gradient boosted trees?   Answer Question

Research Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Acadian Asset Management (Boston, MA) in March 2007.

Interview

7x1 one on one interviews. Of which one was over lunch.
    some math questions, programming and market assesment

Senior Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Acadian Asset Management (Boston, MA).

Interview

I was contacted to come in for an in-person interview, not a phone interview as most companies do to screen potential candidates. I met first with a representative from HR and then the supervisor for that position. Both parts seemed to go well, but I did feel that I was a little to honest about my dissatisfaction in my current job, so that might have effected what happened next. I followed up with thank you e-mails, and then two weeks later I followed up again with both the HR representative and the supervisor for the position. Neither responded on both occasions.

Interview Questions

• There were no questions that really struck me as difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Acadian Asset Management in February 2015.

Interview

First round interview with HR mainly on skills review.
    Second round phone interview with an analyst. Questions were mainly on statistics knowledge.
    Third round on site: 3 rounds, each with a senior analyst or portfolio manager. Question mainly on probability, statistics, programming skills, research methodology and active asset management. About 30~40 minutes each. No specific financial knowledge is required. Very quantitative based.