Acclarent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Acclarent Interview Questions

Updated Sep 18, 2017

3.2

Account Representative Interview

Interview

The interview process was very long, lasting over 2 months. There was a ride-along portion, which was helpful to understand the cases you would be handling. I made it to the last round of interviews after several weeks of interviewing and sent a generic email stating they selected another candidate.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Acclarent in January 2016.

Interview

I received a call from the hiring manager for a position I did not apply for early December, he left a message stating that he was interested in my qualifications and in speaking to me. I called numerous times and left many voicemails only to receive a call back the day before NYE, asking me to drive 3.5 hours the very next day (NYE) to meet for an in person interview (almost a month later). I agreed, only to receive a phone call that morning cancelling the interview due to the weather conditions and a flight being delayed. I then agreed to meet with a salesperson that I would potentially be working with in the territory that I would potentially be working in. I agreed. The interview was scheduled at 4pm, then I received a call the reschedule to 3pm on the day of the interview. I drove 1hr to meet at 3pm. At 3:02, I received a call to leave the original meeting place and head to the Physicians office that the salesperson was currently completing a "case" at because he was running behind schedule. Directions were sent so then I went, only to have the salesperson still working and busy with the Doctor and speaking with me for a total of 8 mins. At the time, even though the salesperson was busy I thought that everything went well. He said that he was excited about the possibility of us working together and that he would be in touch with me the following Monday (I met with him on a Friday). The entire week went by, I heard nothing. The very next week, I decide to give a call, left a message, no return call from the salesperson or the district manager. Now 3 weeks later, because I am determined, I decide one last try by sending a message via LinkedIn, no response. However, one hour later I received an automated message that I was not chosen for the position. A position that I had not initially applied for, that I was pursued by the hiring manager for, told to then apply. Had to jump through hurdles to speak to someone, meet in person, and to never have calls return. This company has a great product and recently became part of a great company, Johnson & Johnson, but I would not recommend working in the Southeast Region as the management is horrible. If their interview process has any inclination on how they manage, then I would definitely say to steer clear of this company. It was the most unorganized unpleasant interview process I have ever been through in my life.

Interview Questions

• None in particular, was really strange and unprofessional.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Acclarent.

Interview

Preliminary phone with recruiting, hiring manager face time, then face to face interview with five people from the marketing team. Was flown into the office to complete the interview and then an offer was made upon leaving the building.

Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Acclarent (Menlo Park, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Interview process was quick and took 1 week. The interviewers were supervisors I would directly be working under and they asked many personality questions. There were a total of three interviews with each supervisor in the department.

Interview Questions

Interview

Applied through a job placement company. There was first a phone interview asking me about my background as well as what attracted me to the position. Next, prior to a face to face interview, I was given a spreadsheet of data and asked to answer specific questions and identify trends using pivot tables and lookup formulas. I was then asked during my face to face interview to explain the process I used to come up with the answers.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when a team project did not go well. How did you resolve the issue?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Acclarent (Menlo Park, CA).

Interview

Phone interview and first-round on-site interviews. The hiring manager said she would get back to me in two weeks, but never did. I would have appreciated a call from the manager or HR to let me know I was not a good match.

Interview Questions

• If I gave you a project with an unachievable deadline, what would you do?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Acclarent.

Interview

Expect several rounds of interviews starting with your (potential) manager and at least one echelon above, you will more than likely interview face to face with the Vice President of Sales. JnJ has a very pragmatic approach to interviewing candidates, they are looking for people who will be comfortable working within the existing company structure. If you are not a fan of accountability and consistent communication with your manager(s) you want to look elsewhere.
    The interview process will mirror the day to day job. They are looking for team players who will be highly motivated, eager to engage their clients and challenge traditional thinking with innovative products. An attitude eager to share your progress with the rest of the region will be welcomed. Open and honest communication with your manager and fellow sales colleagues will be a bonus and eventually an expectation.
    Show up to the interview with documented success at your prior sales position, explain why you are the best candidate for the job, articulate how you were able to achieve past success and why that will enable you to be successful with Acclarent. They are looking for people who are not afraid to be uncomfortable, get in the OR with docs and challenge traditional thinking so that you become an asset, not just a friendly rep. Healthcare is changing and relationship based selling is becoming a thing of the past, mention this and an eyebrow will raise with a nod of approval.
    Read the Challenger Sale - if you don't believe in that book or learn anything from it, I would advise NOT acting like you do to score a job because that is the mentality they want you to have. If you read that book and get excited, jump all over this position with Acclarent because that is the type of person they are looking for.

Interview Questions

• They want to know some areas that you can approve in. I don't know how exactly they will phrase the question but it will come up. Do not say there's nothing you can improve in, anybody who constantly strives to be the best will take notice of areas they can better themselves. Be realistic and be honest.
      They are also going to want to hear a story of a time in your career you had to overcome significant obstacles to complete a task, how you approached that situation and what the outcome was. These are pretty standard interview questions for any similar job in this field.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Acclarent (Menlo Park, CA) in May 2009.

Interview

Very short, uneducated process. Based on whether the manager likes you and what you can bring to the plate so he/she can personally benefit from your experience, talent and hard work. Behavior type questions. Demonstrate passion for work.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none, take as is or don't take

ENT Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Acclarent in September 2011.

Interview

Phone screen with recruiter at JnJ home office. One on one meeting with regional manager. Ride along with ENTC rep in field. One on one with Area VP.

Phone screen was typical. Field ride with rep was great and just half the day. Meeting with region manager was very casual and relaxed. Meeting with Area VP was almost 3 hours and painfully difficult. I found several comments borderline inappropriate, especially for a JnJ company.

Interview Questions

• How do you convince a physician who says they do not have issues with patients and has no need for your product?   Answer Question