Achievement Prep Interview Questions

Updated Oct 26, 2020

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Achievement Prep

HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Achievement Prep

Found 8 candidate interviews
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Achievement Prep (Washington, DC) in Jun 2020

Interview

Extremely long interview process including sample lesson, data review, panel questions, writing sample, and student assessment. Pre-work includes data review and sample lesson plan. Student assessment are previous questions from the PARCC assessment.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to teach in SE Washington, DC?
    Answer Question
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Achievement Prep (United States)

Interview

The Glassdoor reviews scared me, but I tried to go on with an open mind. After half way through the interview, I knew I could not work here for two reasons: 1. The lack of knowledge on the field of education. 2. Lack of respect for the teaching profession. Best decision I've ever made was to keep applying & turn this one down. I love my current job. Leadership team really values teachers. My advice to the founder would be to take leadership classes, and/or professional development on building a positive school culture.

Interview Questions
Achievement Prep
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Achievement Prep (Washington, DC) in Sep 2017

Interview

I started by applying for a position online. I was contacted to have a phone interview with the HR department. A few weeks later I was contacted to come in for an in-person panel interview and to complete a performance task. Next I was asked to come in again for an in-person interview, and I was presented with an offer at the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Achievement Prep (Washington, DC) in Apr 2017

Interview

I had to sample teach a 2nd grade lesson. Afterwards, I debriefed with the administrative team. The students were loud and rude. They talked over me, walked out of class and even started a fight. The Dean of Culture was in the room and had to handle things. I even had an engaging lesson (hands on, technology, everything) but its like the students WANTED to fight. The admin team seemed most impressed when I raised my voice and had to, quite frankly, act unprofessional towards the class to get them to stop talking, getting up without permission. That's not my style, but its how you have to be here or the class will run all over you.

Interview Questions
  • What's your 'why' for wanting to work with inner city youth?
  • Why do you want to work here?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Achievement Prep (Washington, DC)

Interview

The interview was formally scheduled from 2pm-5pm. It started off with a young lady showing you around the school and giving some background information about Achievement Prep Academy. After that I was taken into a room where I had to do a writing assignment. It was a scenario based assignment and I had to write in detail how I would handle it. After that a panel of two people interviewed me. The questions themselves were not difficult, however I didn't get a good vibe from either of the interviewers. They seemed to keep wanting me to answer questions that were self explanatory, and to give an unnecessary amount of detail for questions that didn't require it. I don't know if they felt threatened or felt insecure knowing that the school environment was known for being negative and wanted to try to overcompensate by asking random questions. Before going to the interview I read the glassdoor reviews so I was leery about even interviewing. I even asked them during the interview why there appeared to be so many negative reviews regarding their school (this is probably why I was not offered the job lol). But I didn't care. During an interview they are not just interviewing you, you also are interviewing them, this is your livelihood! They gave me a very platonic answer, by the way. Also, what I found out during the interview is that the hours are extremely long. The hours range from 7am-5pm, and most days I hear that the teachers and staff even work past 5pm. This school needs to understand that long hours does not equal a "good quality school". Rather it burns the staff and students out. This is very clear and evident by the other reviews. I left the interview not only knowing, but feeling that this job at this school was simply not for me. I would steer clear of taking a position here and would not recommend it to anyone! Please take the glassdoor reviews seriously. Also, be aware that anytime a school has multiple openings for every position that you can think of, and its not because its a new school that just opened, then take heed!

Interview Questions
  • What do you typically include on a treatment plan?
  • What were some of the experiences that you had with children that had behavioral problems?
Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Achievement Prep (Washington, DC) in Aug 2015

Interview

Initial submission was replying to an ad by means of submitting a resume. Following that was a phone call from the Chief Talent Officer. This set up an initial phone interview with one of the principals of the school. This was then followed by an in person interview.

Interview Questions
Achievement Prep
Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Achievement Prep (Washington, DC) in Jul 2015

Interview

I applied online and was called the next day for a brief phone interview with the principal, then in person interview the next day. The in person interview consisted of the principal, dean of curriculum and an instructional coach. The principal told me I would hear within two weeks but I was offered the job that night.

Interview Questions
  • Are you receptive to feedback? What did you do when you received feedback you didn't agree with?
  • Explain a time where you did not get along with a team member. What about a time when a teammember did not contribute to a project?
Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Achievement Prep (Washington, DC) in Apr 2012

Interview

I submitted my resume and was called for a phone interview. After the interview I was asked to come in for a demo lesson and teach a given objective. At the end of the demo lesson there was a debrief where feedback was given, in some cases a reteach follows the feedback. After the demo lesson portion there was an in-person interview. I was offered a position before I left.