Actuate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Actuate Interview Questions

Interviews at Actuate

Sort:

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Actuate in August 2013.

Interview

HR is really nice and keep the update in time. I got a telephone interview with the hire manager and the onsite interview was one week after that.There were 5 people chatting with me. The whole onsite interview was technical.The questions are about data structure(Binary Tree) , Muti-Thread programming and some basic knowledge. The interview went smooth.

Interview Questions

• Some basic question I almost ignored , but luckily , I eventually found out the answer.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Actuate (San Mateo, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

Very bad process. I was scheduled with 5 interviews, out of which 2 interviewers did not showed up. I am not sure what the interviewers where expecting from me. At the end of the interview I thought I did well but it wasnt it seems.
    Had questions such as implementing a reverse linked list, implementing a queue in java and some questions on design patterns

Interview Questions

• reversing a link list, queue implementation and design pattern questions   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Basic behavioral questions from the HR rep that called me, she was sweet and seemed genuinely interested in talking to me. Follow up phone call from the VP of engineering asked about my course work and my background in technology.

Interview Questions

• What algorithms are you familiar with   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Actuate.

Interview

The hiring process began with several phone interviews with HR and hiring manager. Then brought in for in-person meetings with the direct manager, reports and executives. Questions and discussion involved providing details on projects, ROI, management capabilities, relevant audience profile experience and success with similar environments. Overall, a very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were relevant to the role and responsibilities.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Actuate (San Mateo, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

HR person was super nice; however, hiring manager ditched me twice on scheduled calls.

Interview Questions

• never seen a company where the hiring manager is so rude and ditches people twice   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Actuate (San Mateo, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews, first with hiring manager, then a team member followed by a VP. All were very smart and articulate. There were a couple of interesting questions from the VP as I was not knowledgeable about the business space, but I quickly shifted to state I was eager to learn the business to be a successful contributor for the long haul.

Negotiation

Yes I did negotiate, was very pleased with my offer package.

Marketing Specialist Interview

Application

I interviewed at Actuate in August 2014.

Interview

I interviewed for the Marketing Specialist position. I was screened by an intern who was working in the company. The intern did a great job screening. Asked the right questions. I think the intern figured I was over qualified for the position, but the conversation continued as I was still interested.

However, the conversation went into a silent mode after the intern said the position only offers 45K a year. At my current, job I even started higher than 45K with less experience.
    Way too low of a salary for the bay area. I decided not to move forward.

I think this position is great for a recent college graduate, not for someone with more than a year experience.

Decided not to move forward on my own.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Actuate (San Mateo, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

The interview process was fast, friendly, and very straightforward.

Interview Questions

• There were none. Simply put, they are looking for good people who can do the work and fit into the corporate culture.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Easy- I asked for a draw and was given one.

Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Actuate (San Mateo, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

Called for Architect position interview after initial phone screening by hiring manager and also HR and they confirmed the my requirements on salary Range . Next day after the interview , HR called and told me that they liked me and i am thru the interview . The Hr also took my last three employment salary details . But the next day after that , the recruiter tells me that, they are not going to extend the offer as they cant offered to pay my desired ball park number!! . I see its big waste of time and looks like they don't know their own budget before starting the process and wasting my time as well as their employees time (like 6hs!) . It looks like there is exact same time of review for exact same type of position by some one else . As a reputed organization , Actuate should pay attention to their hiring process and stop wasting peoples time/efforts.

Interview Questions

• Simple, with some programming on basic comp science stuff   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Actuate in December 2012.

Interview

I had six interviews including the CEO. They were a mix of onsite, teleconference and Skype meetings. Some dove into behavior questions, my background and relating it to the solution suite and others focused on my previous customers and how many I can get to buy into the Actuate cool aid.

Interview Questions

• Please relate your past experience to our solution suite and explain how you will sell our products   1 Answer

Negotiation

It took several weeks to negotiate territory, bonus structure and salary.