Adams 12 Five Star Schools Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Adams 12 Five Star Schools Interview Questions

Executive Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thornton, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Adams 12 Five Star Schools (Thornton, CO).

Interview

Team interview by employees at several levels. Pre-set questions that the interviewers take turns asking and then record their evaluation of your response. Very little free-form discussion. If candidates are close, a second interview is scheduled which still consists of pre-defined questions but allows a bit more free form discussion. If you are selected, they will call your references!

Interview Questions

• How do you manage conflict?   1 Answer

Early Childhood/Special Education Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Adams 12 Five Star Schools (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

It was at a job fair, but we had our own table in the interviewing area. The interview took about 30 minutes and there were around 10 questions. I was asked questions about me, and it became a conversation about the CO schooling system. I'm from PA and so was the interviewer, so it was nice to talk to someone who did the same move I am planning on doing. I enjoyed the interview and found it helpful.

Interview Questions

• Why Colorado?   1 Answer
    • I can't remember the exact question...but it had to do with working with paraprofessionals. This question became a more of a discussion about being young and new and possibly working with a para who has been there for 25 years.   1 Answer

First Grade Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northglenn, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Adams 12 Five Star Schools (Northglenn, CO) in August 2014.

Interview

Fortunately for me, a former teaching colleague informed me of this job opening and recommended me to the principal, prompting the principal to invite me in for an in-person interview. I interviewed with several staff members from the hiring committee; they asked questions as to my prior teaching experience, how I would handle various academic and behavioral situations, etc. I found the process very pleasant and hospitable. The principal called me that evening (having interview a few other candidates), and asked me to join their team on the spot.

Interview Questions

• How I would handle any situations with defiant/disruptive students.   1 Answer

First Grade Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Federal Heights, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Adams 12 Five Star Schools (Federal Heights, CO) in April 2014.

Interview

There was a 10-15 minute phone interview (as round one). After passing that round, I went to the school for an in person interview with administrative staff and the first grade team plus some specialists.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to teach at this school?   1 Answer

Teacher Interview

Interview

Teachers who have been displaced (low enrollment in their school, etc) within the system are supposed to be first on the list to be hired in another school but still have to be interviewed. Interview with principal and other chosen teachers. It is possible it can be fair, but more likely the principal controls the entire process and does what he/she wants (or more likely what the upper administration is directing them to do. It is a very political, upper administration driven environment now).

Negotiation

No negotiation

Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thornton, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Adams 12 Five Star Schools (Thornton, CO) in January 2009.

Interview

I was contacted for the position through a recruiting agency who conducted an initial phone interview. After the phone interview I was given a test prepared by a 3rd party testing agency that was very similar to some of the certification tests given my Microsoft. I was given a second skill-set test consisting of ~15 questions written by current staff addressing real world problems and issues. The answers here were free-form leaving plenty of room to do it your own way, I focused my answers on consistent and best practices as well as speed. The final interview was on-site with a panel of current employees and managers. Topics ranged from technical questions to personal and ran about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Explain the challenges and advantages of using a clustered environment.   Answer Question

Secretary Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Adams 12 Five Star Schools.

Interview

Complete application and upload resume and letters of recommendation online using Peoplesoft. Applications are screened by system and then by hiring manager. Interviews are done by committee using a rating system. Questions are established by schools. Often, the schools already have in mind who they plan to hire and the process is a waste of time, but required. Good ole boys network, not always the most qualified applicant is hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiation.