Adara Networks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 2, 2017

3.1

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Adara Networks (San Jose, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

For a phone interview process it was quite robust and even a bit awkward experience. Once the staffing representative submitted my resume, they front loaded me that it was a salaried position serving not one executive but two. And for the same salary I had received previously assisting one executive only. I liked what I read about the company and we set a time that week to chat for 30 minutes. At first I was confused why a CFO and CEO would be conducting a phone screening. That’s usually your HR rep or another staff members job to simply get an idea of the candidates experience and personality. None the less, I was called by Lilian whom was the CFO I believe, about 10 minutes after our scheduled time. She patched the CEO, Joe in and that took about 5 minutes do do as the line wouldn’t go through. Right then I realized that about 15 minutes of our 30 minutes was already up. The first question they asked me after knowing this was to explain how my background applies to the main functions of this role. This was not a question that I have ever, in my 7 years background professional experience been asked on a phone screening. I scrambled to speak as clear but fast as I could, then, Joe stopped me and told me to slow down in speaking and take my time in responding. The next question, about what types of applications and software programs I’ve used, was also another extensive question. We ran out of time and their tone immediately changed where they were slightly negative that the phone screening ran over and they were trying to decide to bring me in for an in person. Almost as if it was my fault the screening ran over. I guess this is the reason CEO’s and CFO’s should not be doing this directly, especially as they’re busy people themselves and should be doing other things of value to their company. Not low level priority task like talking to a hiring candidate over the phone or only making final decisions through the phone? And not actual interviews. I hope they had luck staffing a 2-for-1 administrative executive position. Great company, I’m sure good people but bad process.

Interview Questions

• Explain how your background experience best applies to this open position?   1 Answer
    • What type of software and marketing applications have you used?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Adara Networks (San Jose, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Scary. Should warn everyone to stay away. I had this awful feeling as I was being interrogated by these 2. I mean I'm a good communicator but struggled to make sense of what they wanted from me. CEOs and CFOs should be busy running the company not interviewing Office Coordinators. Unless you are trying to figure out firsthand what you are doing wrong, let me tell you: Everything

Interview Questions

• He asked me a very long philosophical question. I have worked with Steve Jobs and other high level executives and sir, you are no Steve Jobs. No one who treats people this way is worth working for.   1 Answer
    • I was also turned away from this job one week earlier by receiving an email which told me "sorry but we chose another candidate". Too bad they ended up calling me. Wasted a perfectly wonderful 1/2 hour.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Adara Networks in January 2017.

Interview

A joke. Tag team interview process implying that you prove to them that you are good enough to join there team.

No selling on why anyone would want to work there.

Paranoid about there product details even after NDA.

No known history by any major VC firm. Unclear on there funding sources.

CEO seems to have erased any trace of his history from the internet. Lots of digging required in the internet archives to find there history.

Started as an online video company in Florida in 1998 by current CEO. Changed name in 2003 to be a network company. Been around for 19 years with same CEO. Stealth mode company since 2003!

Lots of bodies have gone through the place particularly in sales and marketing. Engineering seems to have constant turnover.

One YouTube video on there latest big sales win. Unclear how that will launch them into the big leagues.

Software QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Adara Networks (San Jose, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

I Got a call from Adara Networks for QA position and had mixed interview experience. The interviewer came up with very few handy questions and is not convinced for my answers when I try to explain those. He was keep on asking the same question again and again. I felt the interview process is not matured enough . It's more like interrogation than interview

Software Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Adara Networks in February 2016.

Interview

First round was telephonic interview. The guy started right with the SDN as I had a study project mentioned on the resume. Few basic networking questions. Asked a few questions about recent project.

Interview Questions

• Advantages and disadvantages of SDN. Find if the two strings are anagrams of each other with optimized time complexity..   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Adara Networks (San Jose, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

I got a call through a recruiter and telephone interview was short and high level. There was only one round of interview with a panel consists of CEO and couple of technical folks. Questions were simple and straight forward other than some very specific network protocol timer questions. Interview setup was very formal and professional. More than the questions i was told about the ceo's accomplishments , company history, strengths, contacts etc; it helped me to make the right decision indeed.

Interview Questions

• Will you be able to fire an employee immediately when his/her performance is not meeting the expectations ?   2 Answers

I did not hear about the company before and their website did not seem to provide much of details. I thought it is going to be an exciting startup opportunity; but the company was around for more than 10 years and it looked like a process heavy company for it's size. All my questions related to the investors , board members, leadership seemed to annoy them and i did not get any answers. In the later discussions when i mentioned my current pay and pay expectations (which is market rate for a seasoned professional) it seemed to surprise them and after a week i was given an offer which was 25% less than my current pay. They did quote that the number of stocks is the most valuable item and the number of stocks are in six figures but when i asked what it really means in terms of percentage, they did not disclose it. So i declined the offer. Mainly lack of transparency is what made me decline this offer.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Adara Networks in March 2011.

Interview

A recruiter found my resume on Dice.com and contacted me. I got an interview the following week, and it was very strange. 1 hour with the CEO in a conference room. This was not a managerial position; I got the impression that he personally interviews every employee hired. He was eager to name-drop about who he was in talks with, and he referred several times to the fifteen companies he has started and sold or brought public, but never named them. They outsource their website work and marketing to a San Francisco agency. He stated that they give coding tests for engineers before hiring. The good thing is that he knew what he wanted and asked directly about the work I had done previously and the technologies I had worked with, not wasting time on theoretical questions. OTOH, he had clearly not read my resume beforehand and was rushed to make it to a meeting afterward. Over three weeks later there has been no follow-up from the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a specific technology you worked with at a previous company and what you learned about it.   1 Answer