Admiral Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Admiral Group Interview Questions

Updated Jul 14, 2017

2.9

International Business Development Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Admiral Group.

Interview

Interview was professional.
    3 interviews in total.
    In my first 2 interviews, I was told I had relevant skills.
    After my 3rd interview, I was informed that I was overqualified and would find the role not challenging.
    Hence a very strange experience!! Also seemed that interviewer was extremely uncomfortable with technology. Given the insurance industry is undergoing a tech revolution, the whole 3rd interview experience was strange. The third interview was with C-level executive.

Interview Questions

• Talk us through your career to date etc. etc.

Why Admiral etc?   1 Answer

Interview

Very quick and efficient hiring process. Applied online, received a phone call only a few days later requesting a telephone interview. Once I passed that I was invited to a face to face interview the following week.
    The day involved a short presentation followed by listening on phone calls with customers before a face to face interview with two managers in the department I would be working in. Can't wait to start!

Interview Questions

• Discuss a time that you've had to sell something in the past   Answer Question
    • What are the perfect qualities that might help somebody succeed in this role?   Answer Question

BI Claims Handler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newport, Newport, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Admiral Group (Newport, Newport, Wales (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

Wednesday - applied around lunchtime, easy questions to answer. Was asked to book a telephone interview for the next day.
    Thursday - telephone interview lasted for around 15 minutes. Very polite on the phone, understood I was a bit nervous and didn't rush me at all. I was asked some questions that I answered online. At end of conversation she said I was through to the interview, and booked me in at 9am for the next day.
    Friday - attended interview. Tip: get there early and meet the other candidates up for the job, it makes it much less awkward and you actually sort of know people when left on your own. Took us through to explain all about the company, did a quick team exercise of introducing eachother. They then took us to the call floor. We were put with a handler and could speak to them and the others about the job, how they found it etc. We listened in to live phone calls and customers and saw how the IT system worked and how information was input. This lasted around 30-45 minutes

I was called to the interview with a call handler and a senior member of staff. Really relaxed, laid back. They enjoyed listening to me and what I could bring to Admiral. Tip: brush up on Admiral knowledge! Not overboard but some general facts as they will ask you how you heard about admiral and what you know about them. This interview lasted around 15 minutes, totally chilled out and pretty informal. Really good.

The time slots show interviews last 4 hours but I was out by 11am!

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cardiff, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Admiral Group (Cardiff, Wales (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

There was a telephone interview then a meet and greet. In the meet and greet you were introduced to the other applicants, then left to listen to calls being made then was a quick typing test and a 1 to 1 interview.

Interview Questions

• Why Admiral?
      What skills do you have?
      What makes you stand out above the rest?
      Competency questions ; tell us a time when you made a mistake but were able to solve it.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cardiff, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Admiral Group (Cardiff, Wales (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

Meet and greet started with a presentation by a manager followed by a team building exercise. Then listened to live calls & 121 interview with two of the managers on the department who were very nice

Interview Questions

• Questions were based on the role and same as application. Just be confident and enthusiastic as research the company!   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Admiral Group in May 2017.

Interview

Very straightforward process. Start by introducing yourself to Reception where they provide you with a pass for the course of your interview and they take your documents you bring. They give these back within 5-10minutes. You wait in Reception until you are collected as a group to go to a room on another floor.
      In this room you will have a brief introduction to the company but the give you lots of key information and really introduce you well to the company in a short space of time. You will also fill out some important paper work about yourself and sign a confidentiality agreement. Then you also go through a team exercise where you have to introduce the person next to you, using four key questions.
    1) Name
    2) Current/previous job
    3) Dream Job
    4) What celebrity you would invite to dinner and why?

Really straightforward again but vital to get these answered I would say. Making sure you get the answers of the person you are talking to as well.

Once this part of the interview has ended they take you to another floor to a group of Agents doing the job you are applying for. You will do live call listening with them and you can ask them however many questions you can think of. During this time you will notice your group maybe you will be picked off one at a time to go and take part in a one-to-one interview. This would have all been explained at the start of the day.

During the one-to-one interview I had to do a role playing section where I was pretending to take an order over the phone for a made up company and I had to input the information into excel (all setup for you, literally just typing and clicking all self explanatory) along with this you are given guide notes to help call structure etc. Not mandatory but could help. As soon as this exercise is completed you will then do a more traditional one-to-one interview. They will ask you many questions that you've already answered some you haven't. The day is 9-1, but you may get out before.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think over all the candidates you are most suitable for the role?   1 Answer
    • Can you give an example of a time where someone put you under stress and what happened?   1 Answer
    • What is good customer service to you?   Answer Question

New Business Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cardiff, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Admiral Group (Cardiff, Wales (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

firstly I filled out the online application form which was pretty long and asked for specific interview type questions, next up was a telephone interview which was pretty easy lasted about 15 mins I then got invited to a meet and greet which consisted of me and five others.
    we were sat in a room and given a brief overview of the company they they played us a call and asked us to write notes down on different aspects relating to it, we were then taken to the floor where we listened to calls and got called into a room one by one for a face to face interview with two managers from the dept.
    I thought my interview went quite well tho I was put on the spot at one point which I felt worked against me due to being the last person to be taken in, he started the question with ''as you were on the floor the longest'' which made me feel more nerve racked/pressured to give a good answer.
    3 days later I had an email which told me I was unsuccessful, everybody was friendly inside the staff on the phones were also very helpful before my interview giving me tips ect this was my first interview in over 8 years so my nerves kinda got the best of me but it was a good experience none the less, my tips if you go for this role are to give them sales examples and traits as this seems to be what they look for (I have no sales exp and come from a customer service background but wanted a change) I asked for feedback and was told I was well presented and asked good questions but ultimately didnt give them enough examples of what the job will need.

Interview Questions

• why sales?
      why are you looking to leave your old role?
      if you were on my team what would you bring?
      was there anything I would have done differently on the call we listened to
      what hobbies and interests do you have?
      have you ever had to sell something?
      what traits do you think you need to be a good salesman?   Answer Question

Content Producer At Confused.com Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cardiff, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Admiral Group (Cardiff, Wales (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

Got invited to a meet & greet they explained that after receiving 83 applicants the decision was too hard to narrow down so instead invited 15 to a meet & greet. 10 people showed up. 5 were going to get the interview. I understand this approach when there is more than one position available. The only 3 internal people in the room got through to interviews. My argument is if they had 3 potentially good employees already within the company why waste other peoples time? They try and make out that there giving people a fair chance but I can clearly say thats not so because one internal guy didn't deserve to be in the interview. This other guy stood out to me and i was shocked that he didn't get the chance to interview. They are looking for people who have video skills etc more than if you are a great content creator. Which for professional content I thought they outsourced anyway? The set up of this meet and greet was an individual task (they want your ideas) then a group task (groups of 3&4).

You look at a dog content perception map and seek to relate it to confused.com. They would have been better doing a real creative test with you, these results are more accurate and show more about the personality that they have in front of them. I would say it's an easy interview because it should be, but they pick people in an unbelievable way. A fair test for different personality types, whether your internal or not.

Customer Service Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cardiff, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Admiral Group (Cardiff, Wales (UK)).

Interview

The phone call interview was long, but the woman interviewing me was very nice. She was very patient and down to earth. I told her I was quite nervous that`s why I stuttered she completely understood. She told me at the end of the phone call I interview that I was successful and that I was invited to a meet and greet the following month.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a customer who could not make their payment on time?   Answer Question

International Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cardiff, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Admiral Group (Cardiff, Wales (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

Interview process was very professional in general. I was contacted by email and since I live in Cardiff I was invited for a face-to-face interview at Admiral's Headquarters.

I was interviewed by two HR representatives, followed by business case scenarios to resolve, and a mathematical reasoning test.

After finishing the test I had a more informal chat with one of the HR representatives.

I received a call a few days later saying that my interview and the business cases went great, they liked my attitude and thought I would fit perfectly in the organisation, but the test results were not the expected (25 questions in 25 minutes); so the hiring process could not go forward.

I appreciate how Admiral treated me, they were always very professional. Overall it was a great experience.

Interview Questions

• Take me through your CV.
      Why Admiral?
      Will you be willing to relocate?
      Tell me you biggest weakness.
      What do you bring to Admiral?   Answer Question