Advanced Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Advanced Energy Interview Questions

Interviews at Advanced Energy

Corporate Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Advanced Energy (Fort Collins, CO) in August 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with hiring then manager, then invited to interview with a panel. Only half the panel showed up and the hiring manager was now on vacation. I offered t interview with the others at a later date which they scheduled. Everything was very informal, almost slack.

Interview Questions

• What was the biggest issue I saw with the job? This question was asked over and over again.   1 Answer

Planning Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Advanced Energy (Tampa, FL) in June 2018.

Interview

Phone Call Interview was first scheduled with the Sr. HR personal and then the initial screening process was conducted. First the HR briefed about the company history and their organisational goals. The total interview was about 20 min.

Manufacturing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Advanced Energy (Fort Collins, CO) in March 2014.

Interview

The interview was formal at the beginning and got more relaxed as the process took place. The dress code was formal. The original interviewer was busy, so I was interviewed by the second shift lead, and joined by other managers about ten minutes in.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work second shift?   1 Answer

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Advanced Energy (Fort Collins, CO) in October 2009.

Interview

First an HR rep. calls you and asks if he or she can schedule a phone interview between you and the relevent hiring manager. They asked that it be scheduled in the next few days. The morning of the phone interview, the HR rep called about 15 minutes before the scheduled time and told me the hiring manager was tied up and could he call me back later that day.

During phone interview the hiring manager asked about past experience, skill sets, etc. A day or so after this interview, the HR person called back and asked if she could schedule another phone interview, this time with 3 engineers from the test group. They called right on time. Asked the typical questions, mostly technical questions related to the exact technology they were working on. Ex. Labview, RF impedence matching, s parameters, and use of the Smith chart. Also asked about experience doing gage R and R tests.

Everyone from the company was very professional and friendly. During the interview, i stumbled on the smith chart and s parameter questions, but I explained I would need to go back and refresh, do to the number of years that had gone by since I'd used those.. Before I heard back from the company with their decision, I went back and refreshed my memory on the Smith and s params. It took a whole of about 30 minutes. I dropped a friendly email to the Hiring manager, thanking him for taking time to interview me and stating that I had taken the initiative to refresh on those 2 subjects. It didn't do any good. About a week later I got the boilerplate rejection email. My advice to other candidates would be to request an in person interview, as the phone interview process can cause miscommunication, and they don't give you a second chance. I have 30 years of hands on electrical / electronics experience, I even helped run the test department for a large company for 5 years in the late 1990's. I could have done the job they were hiring for in my sleep, but somehow was less than successful comunication that over the phone. Good luck.

Interview Questions

• They asked for detailed knowledge of two port network s-parameters, and use of the Smith chart to do impedence matching   1 Answer
    • What is most important in determining the effectiveness and accuracy of a piece of test equipment? The answer they were looking for was:   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Advanced Energy (Fort Collins, CO) in January 2016.

Interview

Very thorough phone screening then 2 visits to Fort Collins site to meet several in department. Longest wait was between final interview and offer but it was explained to me that other candidates were still in the interview process. I appreciate their frankness.

Engineering Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ronkonkoma, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Advanced Energy (Ronkonkoma, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

HR was helpful and answered all my questions. “Sr Eng” was difficult, rude and no professional. So many technical questions. I reviewed all the responsibilities before I applied. This “Sr Eng” person added more responsibilities and played games. It looked this one didn’t want to hire anyone. This job was posted since January/2017. It is still looking for a year. I don’t recommend to apply.

Senior Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Advanced Energy (Fort Collins, CO).

Interview

Multiple people, about an hour each. Mainly RF and LabView. They hire almost exclusively by having people work as contractors for a while first. They paid fairly well on contract and were fairly flexible on work hours. The trick is to find a headhunter that has contacts into the company. They almost never respond to direct attempts as contact. They are mainly a LabView house for test development. In the lab they use MatLab a lot.

Interview Questions

• Describe Smith Chart and its uses. Calculate an RF matching network.   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Advanced Energy (Fort Collins, CO).

Interview

RF and power converters basics is a must. Most of the questions are from your resume. important to know s parameters basics, good to have some FW knowledge. Good to have some knowledge on semiconductor manufacturing process.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Advanced Energy.

Interview

I was local, so I don't recall if there was an initial phone interview. They had me present for an hour on a position related subject of my choosing. General approach was looking for technical competency and familiarity with reliability as well as experience with steps of development programs. HR was pretty typical, with being friendly and open about information,... until salary is discussed, then they are trying to get you for the best deal, like most HR people.

Interview Questions

• Probably either explaining the development process I am (already) used to, or there were some specifics on magnetics.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Some back and forth with the HR lady,... I initially was going to decline, then came back and decided to accept.

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Advanced Energy in January 2012.

Interview

Mostly interviewed by Functional Mangers and they asked questions related to my resume. No trick or surprise questions. I was well prepared with everything on my resume and so really enjoyed the interview. Just expected me to be willing to take on the role and go through the learning curve.The best part was the decision was made at the end of the interview. Interviewers are friendly and courteous. The interview was also short and limited to about 4 hours with each person interviewing for about half hour.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate and get 4k higher than the offer and added sign on benefits.