Aecon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Aecon Interview Questions

Updated Sep 14, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Lynnwood, WA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Aecon (Lynnwood, WA) in June 2012.

Interview

I applied through the university I study in. They contacted after 3 days confirming they received my application. After 2 week I got email saying my resume is still under review and they will contact me within 2 weeks. After the 2 weeks a senior manager called me and invited to his office for interview.

On the interview there were 2 senior managers including the one who called me. The next day after the interview they called me and offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Would you prefer to have
      1) a task with given "step-by-step" completion recommendations
      2) just an overall goal that you have to accomplish, and if you stay within the area of allowed actions - you are good, so you can decide in which way you are going to accomplish the goal.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a starting day (they were looking for a person starting right away, I am starting a month later)

QA Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aecon.

Interview

I had a telephonic technical round of half an hour.They scheduled for another interview with HR and team .This was of 15 mins with HR and rest with the two experienced team members.
    Overall experience was very good.They make you feel comfortable and share their views.

Interview Questions

• Gave some scenarios and asked how to handle them with QA perspective.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aecon (Calgary, AB (Canada)).

Interview

Telephone interview. The person was very respectful of the fact I was working and we had the interview over lunch. I felt calm and knew what the next steps would be.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were given conflicting priorities from multiple levels of management and how you dealt with it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you worked for an executive who had never had an admin?   Answer Question

Fab Estimating Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Aecon (Cambridge, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I was told that I'm not eligible for the position despite working in it for 9 years. These are bad people, this company needs to start realizing a pyramid starts at a base. If you don't treat people nicely they won't work for you.

Interview Questions

• Why are you applying for the position?   1 Answer

Communications Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aecon (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Was contacted and did a brief phone screening with an HR rep, then was told I would hear back in a few days. Sure enough, a few days later i was asked to come in for an in-person interview. I interviewed with two senior members of the communications team, both of whom were very friendly and easy to talk to. About two days later I was sent a writing test to submit.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions; walk us through your work history, what enticed you to apply for this job, some situational questions.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bowmanville, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aecon (Bowmanville, ON (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

Terrible, had to provide copy of birth certificate, passport, driver's license, mother's maiden name and provide a copy of my degree. Also required, the filling out of an application that required 3 references older than 3 years, with phone #s and names of previous supervisors. An email was sent to me the day before the interview (on a Sunday), asking for all the above to be brought to the interview the next morning. They asked for and took this info after a short 1st interview. Within 2 days I received an email informing me that I did not get the job. I highly recommend, not complying with the above information.

Interview Questions

• What initiatives have you undertaken in any of your last positions.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Aecon (Cambridge, ON (Canada)) in March 2016.

Interview

Received a call from HR manager to setup interview. Interview was nice and straight forward. Very nice and qualified people.
    Excellent experience. Second interview was with project team, they were more technical but great people. Overall very good company and had fun even during the interview process. HR was very helpul.

Student Estimator/Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aecon (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2015.

Interview

The initial contact was made over the phone after communicating about appropriate times through email. After the call and discussing the opportunity you will be contacted and asked to attend secondary interview at the head office. After the secondary interview the HR rep and Manager of the division will decide if your qualifications match the requirements of the position. You will be contacted shortly and extended a contract offer and given a set length of time to respond with acceptance or refusal of the job offer.

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aecon (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in October 2015.

Interview

typical interview, with a project manager through Skype, and a HR lady in the office. 30 minutes in length. people are really friendly and give you a relaxed setting. wish i was more prepared as the interview itself is not hard at all. project coordinator is such a broad title, so you need to prepare what they asked for specifically, and sometimes it is not easy to tell from the generic job description. so do the proper research for the position and the project involved is key. good luck to all.

Interview Questions

• 1. tell us about yourself
      2. career goal
      3. experience with concrete and earthwork package
      4. biggest challenge in previous job
      5. cost tracking, forecasting experience   Answer Question

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aecon (Cambridge, ON (Canada)) in September 2015.

Interview

interview was good, and easy for me.
    however, it could be hard for some of you. as they keep asking you situation base question and do not give you a lot of time in between for you to think.

it was a nice experience