Aegis Capital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Aegis Capital Interview Questions

Interviews at Aegis Capital

2.0

Administrative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aegis Capital.

Interview

I was greeted by two gentlemen who went over the companies history and also explained what the role entailed. The interview went very good, they made sure to be very detailed on what they need from the Admin. I enjoyed speaking with them.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Aegis Capital.

Interview

The process was very normal compared to other internship processes. The people were great and the culture is one where senior management really focuses on developing the junior team. It was a memorable experience overall.

ECM Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aegis Capital (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

More behavioral questions as opposed to technical. Wanted to know more about myself. Less technical as it was ECM but still general finance concepts. 2 on 1 interview. Hiring was done within 2 weeks of clearance.

Registered Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aegis Capital (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Classic bait and switch.
    I responded to a Craiglist ad for a "junior investment banker/sales assistant" position offering a 60K salary plus incentive. I received a response later in the day to come in for an interview at NYC mid-town location. A week later when I got there I was interviewed by two young guys. One s/d the sales assistant job was for someone who had tech/software experience, though vague on the details and job description. He downplayed my experience when I explained my background. The other guy explained they also had an opening for a Registered Rep position, aka telemarketer, that would be a better fit for me. That paid 1,700 or 1,800 base per month. I actually wanted to laugh at the comedy before me. The first guy who dissuaded me from the "sales assistant" job left the room. I doubt the position even existed. The second guy then proceeds to go on and on about the registered rep position. He was a bad listener and had the whole interview scripted in his head - and probably repeated the act on a nearly daily basis since places like this are constantly hiring.
    Big thumbs down. Stay away from Aegis. Nothing but a telemarketing meat-market selling crappy deals that flop.

Equity Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aegis Capital (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Very simple interview process. They just ask you if you have ever prospected, and whether you feel comfortable talking to PM's at family offices. You'll speak with the "head of capital markets" who will ask if you have a heart beat. Then the "head of institutional sales" will come in and just assess if your personality is compatible with his.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aegis Capital in May 2015.

Interview

email exchange followed by in-person interview. office culture is what one might expect at PE, that is to say very uptight. The process involved phone screen followed by one-on-one with a director. my interview was with the venture capital division so the process might be slightly different than non-PE areas.

Interview Questions

• preliminary questions involving familiarity with excel, must be able to amongst other things complete the leveraged buyout model   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Aegis Capital (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Very easy applied a week later i got a call from a managing director, who said he liked my resume. We set up an interview it got delayed because of snow. Interviewer was the director I talked to on the phone. Interview took about 1/2 hour mostly personality questions but a few easy technical questions. I heard back the following monday.

Interbship Interview

Interview

Finance questions:
    1. How to calculate market capital of a company?
    2. How to calculate Enterprise Value?
    3. Give an example of linkage in financial reports, like ending balance in Cash Flow Statement is Cash in Balance Sheet.
    4. How to get free cash flow of a company? Free cash flow = operation cash flow - capital expenditure.

Vice President Investments Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aegis Capital (New York, NY).

Interview

Reccomendation. Two interviews. One with partner and one with head of bizdev. Made position seem much more responsibility intense than it is. Employer looking for minions to open accounts for them. Don't care about your individual success just what benefits their personal finances.

Interview Questions

• No problem or difficult questions to answer or deal with   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aegis Capital (New York, NY) in August 2012.

Interview

It's an on-site interview. Asked me about my resume.