Aera Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 8, 2017

2.8

Information Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Aera Energy (Bakersfield, CA).

Interview

I was in a contract position to hire. The interview was with HR only, which is not typical. Normally the hiring manager, supervisor, and a few team members will be present. HR is rarely a participant in interviews. I only had one interview, which is not normal either. Most managers conduct several interviews. The hiring process took 6 months, but that was due to bulk hiring at the time. Onboarding does take months.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work for Aera?   1 Answer

Technical Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in UCLA, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Aera Energy (UCLA, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I spoke to the representative at the career fair. I was called for an interview later that day. I was interviewed on the next day and was told to apply online after the interview. They said they would contact in a few weeks if they were interested.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Butte, MT

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Aera Energy (Butte, MT) in September 2015.

Interview

They used STAR interviewing techniques. STAR stands for Situation or Task, Actions, Results. They asked me to describe a situation in which I had to deal with conflict in the work place. I was expected to explain the situation, explain the action I took, and explain the results that followed.

Interview Questions

• How do I think diversity is important in a workplace?   1 Answer

Petroleum Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Aera Energy.

Interview

On campus recruiting - The recruiters asked general behavioral questions and I felt comfortable being interviewed. They mainly focused on my resume. Lasted for about 30 minutes. The first round is pretty basic.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a situation where you provided a solution to your professor   Answer Question

Technical Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aera Energy.

Interview

I approached recruiters at my university's career fair. That same day, I received a call in the afternoon to schedule for an on-campus interview the next day. It was a very casual 30 to 45 minute behavioral interview in a random classroom on campus.

Interview Questions

• What do you think about having diversity in the work environment? Why might having diversity be good or bad?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Aera Energy.

Interview

They came to the college and basically talked about the company's work culture and how much they focus on community involvement. I would suggest that you mention your volunteer skills in your resume because they really care about that sort of stuff. The lady from HR basically told us what they expect from their workers and very helpful in the interview process.

Interview Questions

• The questions were pretty straightforward and nothing unexpected. They asked questions like "What is your biggest accomplishment?" and "Why Aera?"   Answer Question

Technical Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Aera Energy.

Interview

I talked to one of the recruiters at my university career fair, and I was the first call-back after the event. I signed up for an interview time slot for the next day, where I was interviewed by a panel of 3 senior engineers, each with a different position/specialty in the field. They requested that I come with copies of my resume and transcript for each of my interviewers. They were all extremely friendly, and it was a very comfortable dialogue. It was an open conversation, and I think it was a very positive and genuine reflection of their small company culture. At the end of the interview, they told me that it would be the only interview I would need to do in order to be considered for the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you didn't get along with a teammate.   Answer Question

Summer Internship Interview

Application

Interview

The interview was conducted by two Aera employees with varying degrees of experience with the company. The interview was behavioral in nature, with a focus on team-oriented projects. It would behoove the interviewee to prepare for the interview by reviewing their strongest and weakest qualities so as to answer quickly and naturally without pause.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest attribute?   1 Answer

Facilities Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

Spoke briefly with a recruiter at my university's career fair. Received a phone call that evening asking for an interview the following day.

Intern Interview

Interview

Behavioral questions