Affinity Plus Federal Credit Union Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Affinity Plus Federal Credit Union

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Affinity Plus Federal Credit Union (Saint Paul, MN) in August 2015.

Interview

Relaxed conversational interview. No hokey questions that don't really get you anywhere. They laid out the organization, where it has been and where it is making changes to move forward. Then asked more questions about my background. This style let me get a good feel of the management style and that I could expect honest conversations in the future.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how your previous jobs prepared you for this one you are applying to.   1 Answer

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Affinity Plus Federal Credit Union (Saint Paul, MN) in November 2016.

Interview

They emailed to ask for an interview and didn't email back for days. They check your credit before you even come in, which is usually done after an offer is made. The interviewer barely listened to me. He was busy looking out the window the entire time and was not engaged at all. After the interview I followed up three times with no response. A month later I received an automated rejection email. This was the least personal interview experience of my life.

Interview Questions

• Can you handle working with more people than you have?   1 Answer

IT Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Affinity Plus Federal Credit Union in August 2016.

Interview

Basic interview process which started with HR contacting me for a phone interview. After a few days, I received a call notifying me that I would come in for an interview with the recruiting manager and a senior member of the team. Questions were relatively easy; a string of basic technical questions with some behavioral filler questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good fit for this role?   Answer Question

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Affinity Plus Federal Credit Union (Saint Paul, MN).

Interview

Lots if interviews 3 or 4 rounds. Be prepared, will ask industry questions. Very personality based. Interview very light hearted. Less sbout what I know more about who I am. Looking for strengths and weaknesses. Looking for right personality fit, no just what you know. Open to previous experience.

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Affinity Plus Federal Credit Union.

Interview

This interview was my first sign I did not want this job. They asked questions that were not things you would expect to have to answer. I knew the second I left the interview this was not the place for me. There was the phone interview, which most employers have, then there was the first in-person interview, which for a teller position should be more than enough, but it wasn't. During the first in-person interview they told me they were going to have me back for a second in-person interview, and if I did well at that one they would bring me back for third and possibly a fourth interview. All for a teller position, it was outrageous. They also told me they would call me for a second interview within the week, and they never did, which seems extremely unprofessional, if you say you are going to call a potential employee, regardless of whether or not they got the job, let them know.

Interview Questions

• What does your favorite customer at your current job like to do in their free time?   1 Answer

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Affinity Plus Federal Credit Union in November 2017.

Interview

Multiple interviews, from phone to 1:1 to panel. It took an extremely long time (multiple months). On the whole they were very pleasant to interview with and appreciated their efforts, thoroughness, and hospitality.

The only slightly negative part of the process was that they did not proactively notify me that they were going with someone else. Would have been more professional of them to have at least called or emailed me without me having to ask multiple times for an update - considering how much time I had invested in the process (3 interviews over several months).

Overall it was between an average and a positive experience though.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Affinity Plus Federal Credit Union.

Interview

The actual application process was extremely intense and asked a lot of questions that required essay format responses. I was contacted by a staff member and set up a phone interview. She was extremely nice and the interview went well, she informed me that she would move my information along and I would be contacted by the marketing manager to set up an in person interview. I quickly received an email to authorize a background check, which I promptly completed. I was not contacted for a week and called the woman I interviewed with 2 time over the course of two weeks. I eventually received a call from the manager who set up another phone interview with her, which she canceled last minute. I then rescheduled with her and ended up doing the phone interview with a different staff member because the manager was ill. The interview was horribly long and she was extremely inattentive, dry and was as if she was reading interview questions from a list online. She indicated I would be contacted by the manager to set up an in person interview. I was never contacted, despite multiple calls and emails and I still have not heard from them. Very unimpressed with their lack of consistency, follow-through and professionalism.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were behavioral based, "tell me about a time when" questions. They also asked about the most important thing I learned in the past week, which caught me off guard. They are VERY, very committed to their mission and are looking for people who will fit into that environment.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mankato, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Affinity Plus Federal Credit Union (Mankato, MN) in March 2015.

Interview

A two part process, after applying there is an unscheduled phone interview. If you make it past the questions on the differences between credit unions and banks, you get an in-person interview with the branch manager. If an offer is made, you must pass a federal background check, complete with biometrics, in order to work with money.

Interview Questions

• What are the differences between a credit union and a bank?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Affinity Plus Federal Credit Union (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

They will hire you if they like you. Not if you are a good worker. It is a personality game. Just act like you would do anything for a member.

Interview Questions

• They will give situation questions that they want you to give wild answers for. They say they don't want rule followers but you will be fired if you don't follow their rules.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Stay away.

Member Advisor Interview

Interview

Was first contacted by phone to schedule a phone interview before having two additional interviews in person. The questions are largely targeted towards your personality being a fit. The culture of the company focuses on the members so they want to make sure that you are willing to go the extra mile to service a member's needs.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a member called you because their debit card wasn't working at a local gas station and they had no other way to pay for their fuel?   Answer Question