Affinity Plus Federal Credit Union Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Affinity Plus Federal Credit Union

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Affinity Plus Federal Credit Union (Saint Paul, MN) in November 2016.

Interview

They emailed to ask for an interview and didn't email back for days. They check your credit before you even come in, which is usually done after an offer is made. The interviewer barely listened to me. He was busy looking out the window the entire time and was not engaged at all. After the interview I followed up three times with no response. A month later I received an automated rejection email. This was the least personal interview experience of my life.

Interview Questions

• Can you handle working with more people than you have?   1 Answer

IT Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Affinity Plus Federal Credit Union in August 2016.

Interview

Basic interview process which started with HR contacting me for a phone interview. After a few days, I received a call notifying me that I would come in for an interview with the recruiting manager and a senior member of the team. Questions were relatively easy; a string of basic technical questions with some behavioral filler questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good fit for this role?   Answer Question

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Affinity Plus Federal Credit Union (Saint Paul, MN) in August 2015.

Interview

Relaxed conversational interview. No hokey questions that don't really get you anywhere. They laid out the organization, where it has been and where it is making changes to move forward. Then asked more questions about my background. This style let me get a good feel of the management style and that I could expect honest conversations in the future.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how your previous jobs prepared you for this one you are applying to.   1 Answer

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Affinity Plus Federal Credit Union (Saint Paul, MN).

Interview

Lots if interviews 3 or 4 rounds. Be prepared, will ask industry questions. Very personality based. Interview very light hearted. Less sbout what I know more about who I am. Looking for strengths and weaknesses. Looking for right personality fit, no just what you know. Open to previous experience.

Member Advisor I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lakeville, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Affinity Plus Federal Credit Union (Lakeville, MN) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online. Got a call the next day in order to schedule a phone interview for the following Monday. After the phone screen I received a call a couple of hours later to advise me that I had an in person interview on Tuesday and late Wednesday I was hired.

Interview Questions

• What is one personality trait that bothers you most about others?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Affinity Plus Federal Credit Union (Saint Paul, MN).

Interview

They're is one HR woman who is relatively new. While the interviewer shouldn't less the interviewee, she could sore a little personality. Phone screen was like talking to a stone. Have heard that from others as well. Not easy to give them a feel for who you are if the interviewer doesn't engage back with natural follow up questions.

Interview Questions

• What was the last thing you did for someone that was unexpected, and how did they reasons.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They moved a little, it was fair given the starting point.

Member Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Affinity Plus Federal Credit Union.

Interview

Applied online through their website, including a personality assessment survey based on hypothetical situations. The questions were difficult to answer in an accurate way, as the multiple-choice answer options often included works like "always" and "never," which don't adequately reflect the reality of actual behavior.
    The next step was a phone interview with an HR ("employee resource and development") representative, with personality-focused questions about when I've helped someone or gone above and beyond for someone else.
    Next were in-person interviews with branch leaders, first at a different branch than the one to which I was applying, and then one with the leader of my desired branch. The first interview was a lot of standard interview questions (tell me about yourself, when have you had to give feedback and how did you go about it, tell me something you learned in your previous interview, what do you expect from Affinity Plus), as well as more thorough evaluation of whether I was a people person and focused on delivering on the organization's mission to provide "outstanding member experiences" (tell me something interesting you learned about someone in the last week).
    Important buzz-words and organization speak: "member service," not "customer service;" "member experience;" "relationship-based organization."
    Second in-person interview focused more on career goals and my intentions and expectations for Affinity Plus and my future.

Interview Questions

• If on one of your first days there is a big line and you get a member asking about a car loan (about which you don’t know anything yet) how would you go about helping that member? What questions would you ask, without knowing their credit score or anything like that, to evaluate whether or not to grant them the loan?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was offered a salary and I countered with a higher offer I had from another prospective employer, they raised their offer the next day after consulting with HR. Their offer was still less than what I was offered at the other organization.

Member Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Affinity Plus Federal Credit Union.

Interview

Responded to the job post on their main website. Phone interview w/ HR rep. 1:1 interview with a branch manager. 1:1 interview with another branch manager at a different location.

Interview Questions

• They always ask you about something special or unexpected you did for someone. Have a good response ready.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did negotiate the salary, and was able to improve it slightly.

Member Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Affinity Plus Federal Credit Union in August 2013.

Interview

Phone interview
    In person interview
    Online questionnaire
    2nd in person interview

Interview Questions

• Random questions: What would your friends say about?
      Honestly, they are looking for people who have a great heart-seriously this is what they want.
      Mention how you've helped people before or gone the extra mile in for people you don't know.
      1 Answer

Negotiation

Ask them how they calculated pay. Do not accept unless you start $16.50 or more.

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Affinity Plus Federal Credit Union.

Interview

This interview was my first sign I did not want this job. They asked questions that were not things you would expect to have to answer. I knew the second I left the interview this was not the place for me. There was the phone interview, which most employers have, then there was the first in-person interview, which for a teller position should be more than enough, but it wasn't. During the first in-person interview they told me they were going to have me back for a second in-person interview, and if I did well at that one they would bring me back for third and possibly a fourth interview. All for a teller position, it was outrageous. They also told me they would call me for a second interview within the week, and they never did, which seems extremely unprofessional, if you say you are going to call a potential employee, regardless of whether or not they got the job, let them know.

Interview Questions

• What does your favorite customer at your current job like to do in their free time?   1 Answer