Agilent Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Agilent Technologies Interview Questions

Interviews at Agilent Technologies

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Interview

Fast interview. Given date within a week. Feedback given with in a day. Start date is 2 weeks after interview. Friendly managers. Three people present with one of them on video call from America. Felt very important due to this. Light hearted interview with more personal than academic questions

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Agilent Technologies in March 2020.

Interview

The entire interview process took about a month and a half. After applying, I was first contacted by the corporate recruiter who wanted to discuss my background and interest in pursuing the position. After about a week, I was set up with a phone interview with the hiring manager who went over the details of the job as well as the company culture. Finally, I was scheduled for an on-site panel interview which included a brief presentation on a predetermined topic.

The panel members included the hiring manager, lead PSE and a couple associates from the QA and R&D departments. The questions from the interviewers were mostly in regards to my background and functions in my current role. The hiring manger as well as the lead PSE then proceeded to ask several behavioral questions to gauge my personality fit with the department.

Overall the interview went very well and I did not detect any red flags or rough personality differences with anyone on the interviewing team.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle differences in procedural approach with a co-worker?   1 Answer

Leadership Position Interview

Interview

Recruiter called me to say they were super interested, I said I’d love to talk and then I was ghosted. I sent a follow up message and got no response.

Companies that value their workforce don’t do that to potential employees. My advice: stay away from this place.

Interview Questions

• What date/time are you available to talk?   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Agilent Technologies in January 2020.

Interview

Really great experience talking to the hiring manager and direct team. Lots of additional interviews, about 10, with people who work with the team but are in different groups. Most of the interviews were by phone and I unfortunately had a couple interviewers no show to the call. This caused substantial delays in the timeline.

The majority of questions I was asked by the interviewers centered around how well do you work in a matrix organization and how do you deal with difficult people...

Towards the end of the process they asked for a presentation on a specific topic in a group interview setting.

Unfortunately I went from having a conversation with the hiring manager about my space in the office and receiving an offer the next Tuesday to being told someone else in the department went to a different team so they had to sort it out and I would have the offer in a week. That was the last time I heard from HR or the hiring manager. It would have been significantly more professional to provide and update even if it was not in my favor.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with difficult coworkers when you need to get something from them.   Answer Question
    • What strategies do you use to keep projects going if teams you rely on are not responsive?   Answer Question

RnD Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Agilent Technologies in December 2019.

Interview

- Initial 30 minute phone screening by recruiter going over qualifications and how skillsets match up to the position(s) applied for
    - Next round is a 45 minute phone screen with the hiring manager(s)
    - Onsite visit is extended after hiring manager feels you have the technical acumen/expertise to do well in the position
    - The onsite visit was a full day event as I was interviewing for two positions. It consisted of two parts: 1) 40-minute scientific presentation on my previous work given to a panel of employees that are part of the department/interviewing panel 2) after the presentation it was a 2:1 ratio with hiring managers and members of the team interviewing me. Lunch was provided. Was also able to tour the facility.

Interview Questions

• Questions that pertained to information in the scientific presentation given   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Agilent Technologies in December 2019.

Interview

I signed up for a time to have the phone interview. When the time, I received no phone call. After waiting for 15 minutes I called the company and got no answer.

Interview Questions

• There was no question because the employer never showed up   Answer Question

Field Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Agilent Technologies (Lexington, MA) in October 2019.

Interview

The interviewers were very friendly. They asked some technical questions, but most of them were about my experience. They introduced me to a problem with an electronic and asked me what would I do in this situation.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about a situation when I had to adapt my style to work well with others.   1 Answer

R&D Scientist Interview

Interview

Very professional yet friendly interview process, very diverse background of interviewers so there are experts in many different fields to ask questions and offer feedbacks, HR process is a little slow yet great experience with the hiring manager and the hiring team

Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carpinteria, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Agilent Technologies (Carpinteria, CA) in September 2019.

Interview

The interview process was very straightforward. I applied through Glassdoor for the position and heard back within a couple of weeks for a 30 minute phone interview. After the phone interview I waited a week to hear back for an in person 1:1 and panel interview. The in person process took at an hour and a half. The company got back to me a week later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• If is one last thing we should know about you that would make you the right candidate for this position?   Answer Question

Interview

This is the most terrible job interview experience that I have ever had: the Global digital analytics COE is very rude and unpolite, she said you are not qualified because of a couple of reasons before starting interviewing me during the onsite. Then I told her what I am good at and my experiences, which can fit this job pretty well, she said you have already done that, it's useless. please do not apply for this position

Interview Questions

• just told you why you are not qualified before interviewing me, I am wondering why she set up the onsite interview, which is a waste of time, and she is very rude and unpolite, she is a monster. As a data person, she does not have any data science background and knowledge, even I tried to talk to her, she could not understand that. By the end, I asked her if you were me, how could you answer your question? She became angry suddenly without any reasons and said everyone in the world is different, I do not need to answer your question. Very rude and unpolite,   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Rosa, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Agilent Technologies (Santa Rosa, CA).

Interview

I was interviewed by 2 people. My direct manger and my mentor in the group. It was mainly technical question. The interview with the mentor was much more intense with lots of questions and problems to solve.

Interview Questions

• They describe the problem domain (spectrum analyzers) and asked my to share a conceptual design of a database ( The tables and their relationships) that can help them store data and recognize faults that are in the systems.   Answer Question