Agilent Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Agilent Technologies Interview Questions

Updated Apr 23, 2017

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Agilent Technologies (San Jose, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Was reached out via LinkedIn. Had to send my resume twice, then was prompted to fill out a questionnaire that took ~30 minutes to answer. The answers I've provided have led to onsites with Apple, Google, PayPal, and a few more interesting companies but for some reason, I was deemed not a good fit, so no technical screen.

I don't think it's worth having to fill out a questionnaire for such a result, but good luck!

FSE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Agilent Technologies (Lansing, MI) in January 2017.

Interview

First, the HR emailed me some questionnaires for me to answer. It took less than a week for the HR to reply and schedule me of a phone screening. Overall the phone screening took about 10-15 mins, mostly behavioral questions.

Functional Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Agilent Technologies (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Initial phone screen with the HR, Skype interview with the hiring manager, an assignment, and a face-to-face interview with the hiring manager. The role was in the Product Management team which seemed very busy.

Interview Questions

• Questions based on the hands-on assignment and whatever was on my resume.   Answer Question

Field Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davis, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Agilent Technologies (Davis, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

General question about your experience, your study, your background. Then move on the motivational question and why you apply for this position. General question about you experience with instruments and finally general questions about problem-solving

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience with GC/LC instruments.
      Motivational questions like why do you want to apply for this position?
      Do you are ready to leave your previously work?
      Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Agilent Technologies (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

First there is a phone screen and then interview. At the interview gave a 10 to 15 minute presentation and then an outline of first 30, 60 and 90 day plan.

Interview Questions

• Time management. How would you balance your time between phone calls, visits to clients and closing business.   Answer Question

Territory Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Agilent Technologies (Dallas, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

District Manager and VP of Sales interviewed me. Ask about me, put me in sales situations and discussed the territory that they were wanting to fill. Face-to-face interviews with one manager and VP. Interview lasted 1.5 hors.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      How would you handle a upset customer.
      How would you handle pricing if they had a budget and your pricing was higher than their budget that was approved.
      1 Answer

Research Assistant, Companion Diagnostics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ventura, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Agilent Technologies (Ventura, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I was emailed by someone from the recruiting team about 1 1/2 weeks after submitting my application to set up the initial phone interview. The interviewer was nice, they mostly asked basic questions about my background and behavioral questions such as why I wanted this position, what I know about it, and to describe my research background. I never received an e-mail back so I am assuming that I did not get an offer, however the interviewer had told me that had I been selected, an on-site interview where I got to meet my coworkers would have been next.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Agilent Technologies in May 2016.

Interview

Was contacted via email by a non-Agilent HR person to set up a time for a screening interview using a web scheduling app. Set up a time and received a confirmation email. Waited for 30 minutes past the arranged time for the interviewer to call, then called her myself. She asked several questions, but mostly was interested in salary range. On one question, when I finished a rather long answer, she did not reply. After asking "hey, are you still there?" the interviewer un-muted me. She actually muted me and was obviously not even listening to the answer, or on another call. Unbelievable.

A week after this I got another email to set up a time to do a 1:1 phone interview with the hiring manager. I again selected a time, and received an email confirming it. The morning of the interview I waited an hour past the time indicated and then called the guy myself. He was surprised, because the non-agilent hired-out HR person hadn't put the interview on his calendar. In spite of that, he talked to me anyway for quite a while and was very professional.

I really like Agilent as a company, but they need to stop outsourcing everything, the legendary HP quality in that regard is completely gone.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Agilent? Why would you leave your current job? Where do you see yourself in 10 years?   Answer Question

Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Agilent Technologies (Newark, NJ) in May 2016.

Interview

Phone screen, gave positive feedback and then no communication. Kept saying the resume is being reviewed, kept delaying any communication. Standard questions about resume, skills, salary, experience. General HR interview.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions about resume, skills, salary, experience. General HR interview.   Answer Question

QA Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Agilent Technologies (San Francisco, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online for contractor position and got an interview call within a week. It was an in person interview and was interviewed by a group of four. People in the team were very friendly and had a chance to understand their culture. It consisted if both behavioral and technical questions.

Interview Questions

• They gave me different scenarios and asked to write test cases related to it.   Answer Question