Agilent Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Agilent Technologies Interview Questions

Updated Feb 7, 2018

Strategic Sourcing Manager Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Agilent Technologies (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

3 emails with recuiter who did not know anything about the position or local office as they were working remotely. Would not take a call and would only email. Astonished to get an on-site interview. Panel was all women who had no experience in marketing sourcing. Person currently in the role was near tears in describing the role. Other members of the panel were ex-government procurement people. Talked a lot about process and cutting budgets. Were not intertested in sustainable or optimization strategies.Everyone seemed obcessed about filling out a form than listening to me. Low eye contact, cold, impersonal, very corporate, not innovative. On top of that it is located near strip malls and auto dealers. Offices are outdated and there are dirt trails on the carpet. Seemed to be a cartoon of a big company. Low energy, outdated, not diverse workforce. Seemed to be a boneyard of former careers.

Interview Questions

• Why do you live in San Francisco? How come you want to know about commuting, don't you have a car. Are you married? Do you have children?   1 Answer

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Agilent Technologies (Philadelphia, PA) in November 2017.

Interview

Emailed by recruiter where a phone interview was then set up. Phone interview was made up of classic interview questions, followed by a list of follow up questions to complete.

Field Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Agilent Technologies (Omaha, NE) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview was easy. Just be yourself and you will be fine. First you talk to the recruiter about the position and about your background. 3 to 4 weeks later if you fit the requirements and the recruiter likes you, you will get a call back for a face to face interview. The pay for all your expenses for the face to face interview. The interview was easy and they ask about yourself and some behavior questions.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Agilent Technologies (Colorado Springs, CO) in October 2017.

Interview

Had 2 rounds of phone interviews. Both went well and past their allotted time. Both interviews ended on a very positive note. Received email next day that i was not being considered. No response on asking for any feedback.

Bioreagents Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Agilent Technologies in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online via LinkedIn and got a response within ~3 business days. Agilent then has you fill out a microsoft word doc on your domain experience with bioreagents.

After I submitted this, the recruiter canceled the initial interview on me and then also rescheduled the second interview without apologizing.

I rescinded my candidacy since I felt this experience was a reflection of the department and their hiring practices.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience with bioreagents? Can you demonstrate quota attainment?   Answer Question

Clinical Affairs Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carpinteria, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Agilent Technologies (Carpinteria, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Required to give a presentation on previous work, preferably related to biomarker assay development. Full day of interviews including a lunch interview. Well organized and overall welcoming. Interviewed with members of different cross-functional groups.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle reaching alignment in a cross matrix team when one member is highly opinionated?   Answer Question

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Agilent Technologies (San Jose, CA).

Interview

No Professional approach for the candidate, completed all rounds of interview but made me waiting for 3 months to send feedback, its not about rejection but keep updating the candidate about the status. one manager was saying she ll hire only if you are willing to work on weekends, felt like trying to exploit candidates with h1b situation. technical rounds were very professional, too long interview process. total it took 6months to complete all rounds and get feedback. Please respect the candidate who is applying.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work over weekends ?   1 Answer

Compliance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Agilent Technologies (Boulder, CO) in September 2017.

Interview

First got an email with set of questions about me and related to the position, within a week scheduled for Phone interview, then very next week called for face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• Previous Pharmaceutical Manufacturing experience, cGMP, SOP, etc.,   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Agilent Technologies.

Interview

After i submitted my information online, I received phone interview requirement shortly after. Plus a questionnaire for me to fill out. Then I did pre-screening over the phone. It took about 5-10 mins for the phone interview, basically just checking all my personal information, etc.

Interview Questions

• Are you interviewing for other jobs.   3 Answers

Senior Associate, Corporate Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Agilent Technologies (Wilmington, DE) in August 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed by a total of seven different people, three by phone and the rest by video conference. Overall, everyone with whom I spoke was unfailingly friendly, but almost from the start I was hearing mixed messages:
    - Phone interviewers all told me they had 'red flags' or 'concerns' about my candidacy for reasons they couldn't (or wouldn't) verbalize to me. I found it deflating to hear those things from people who had not even met me in person and was perplexed why they would continue scheduling additional interviews if that was the case.
    - I was asked some disturbing questions such as how I felt about being told to download 1,000 documents from the cloud to the Company's servers. Or, how I felt about formatting powerpoint presentations. Those questions were incongruous with the job description and its seniority. The questions insinuated secretarial/administrative duties for what should have been a senior personal-contributor level position with multiple years of experience and an MBA.
    - The position required relocation to Silicon Valley, which I was more than happy to do; but interviewers kept requesting reassurances that this was indeed the case. Either they didn't believe me or they wanted me to relocate on my own dime and just didn't want to say that out loud.
    - After three phone interviews, instead of bringing me in for in-person interviews; they organized a 3.5 hour video-conference interview with five different people. They said that if the long-distance interviews were successful, they would put an offer on the table and only then bring me in. That made no sense to me - why would any company put an offer on the table for a candidate they'd never shook hands with? For a large corporation like Agilent to be miserly about the $500 price tag it would have cost them to bring me in for in-person interviews raised a red flag (especially when combine with the relocation issue).
    And after all that, they didn't even have the decency to call me in person to tell me they preferred not to proceed with my candidacy. Instead, I received a laconic cookie-cutter email from a Company-authorized recruiter (not even from the hiring manager.
    An overall perplexing interview process. Nice people but with a lot of conflicting sub-context from their actions and between the lines.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about being told to download 1,000 documents from the cloud to the Company's servers as part of a deal?   1 Answer