Agilent Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 18, 2018

1. Featured Interview

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Agilent Technologies (Santa Clara, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

One of the most impressive interview experiences I’ve encountered. The interviewing process was very tough (behavioral-based) and every interviewer (6 total) was thoroughly prepared with job and situation specific questions. The process left a very solid impression of how Agilent engages their employees and absolutely made me want to be a part of this organization. The onboarding process is robust and comprehensive.

Interview Questions

• Tell us of a situation where you used your influencing skills to achieve positive results.   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Agilent Technologies (Santa Clara, CA) in May 2018.

Interview

1. Phone Interview with Hiring Manager - 30 mins
    2. a week and half later onsite invitation
    3. Onsite with 5 rounds behavior and technical - 2.5 hours
    4. a week and half offer letter

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Agilent Technologies (Wilmington, DE) in April 2018.

Interview

2 on 1 interview with a hiring manager and someone I would be working with. Very pleasant interview experience became more of a group conversation rather than just asking me questions. Heard back a week later with an offer email.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Agilent Technologies (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2018.

Interview

Phone interview with two people asking behaviorial questions, followed by 3 similar 1:1 interviews
    I was thrilled to be told i was getting an offer.
    That was followed by almost 3 weeks of being told..." you will have it tomorrow, someone is on vacation, someone is out of the office unexpectedly...." and so on. Each day with a different excuse.
    I shut down othet job searches i had in process as i had planned to accept this offer.
    Then, after almost three weeks of being strung along, i was told they would not be hiring this position and instead the decided to open the job in a lower cost country.

Strategic Sourcing Manager Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Agilent Technologies (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

3 emails with recuiter who did not know anything about the position or local office as they were working remotely. Would not take a call and would only email. Astonished to get an on-site interview. Panel was all women who had no experience in marketing sourcing. Person currently in the role was near tears in describing the role. Other members of the panel were ex-government procurement people. Talked a lot about process and cutting budgets. Were not intertested in sustainable or optimization strategies.Everyone seemed obcessed about filling out a form than listening to me. Low eye contact, cold, impersonal, very corporate, not innovative. On top of that it is located near strip malls and auto dealers. Offices are outdated and there are dirt trails on the carpet. Seemed to be a cartoon of a big company. Low energy, outdated, not diverse workforce. Seemed to be a boneyard of former careers.

Interview Questions

• Why do you live in San Francisco? How come you want to know about commuting, don't you have a car. Are you married? Do you have children?   1 Answer

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Agilent Technologies (Philadelphia, PA) in November 2017.

Interview

Emailed by recruiter where a phone interview was then set up. Phone interview was made up of classic interview questions, followed by a list of follow up questions to complete.

Field Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Agilent Technologies (Omaha, NE) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview was easy. Just be yourself and you will be fine. First you talk to the recruiter about the position and about your background. 3 to 4 weeks later if you fit the requirements and the recruiter likes you, you will get a call back for a face to face interview. The pay for all your expenses for the face to face interview. The interview was easy and they ask about yourself and some behavior questions.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Agilent Technologies (Colorado Springs, CO) in October 2017.

Interview

Had 2 rounds of phone interviews. Both went well and past their allotted time. Both interviews ended on a very positive note. Received email next day that i was not being considered. No response on asking for any feedback.

Bioreagents Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Agilent Technologies in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online via LinkedIn and got a response within ~3 business days. Agilent then has you fill out a microsoft word doc on your domain experience with bioreagents.

After I submitted this, the recruiter canceled the initial interview on me and then also rescheduled the second interview without apologizing.

I rescinded my candidacy since I felt this experience was a reflection of the department and their hiring practices.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience with bioreagents? Can you demonstrate quota attainment?   Answer Question

Clinical Affairs Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carpinteria, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Agilent Technologies (Carpinteria, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Required to give a presentation on previous work, preferably related to biomarker assay development. Full day of interviews including a lunch interview. Well organized and overall welcoming. Interviewed with members of different cross-functional groups.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle reaching alignment in a cross matrix team when one member is highly opinionated?   Answer Question

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Agilent Technologies (San Jose, CA).

Interview

No Professional approach for the candidate, completed all rounds of interview but made me waiting for 3 months to send feedback, its not about rejection but keep updating the candidate about the status. one manager was saying she ll hire only if you are willing to work on weekends, felt like trying to exploit candidates with h1b situation. technical rounds were very professional, too long interview process. total it took 6months to complete all rounds and get feedback. Please respect the candidate who is applying.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work over weekends ?   1 Answer