Agilent Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Agilent Technologies Interview Questions

Updated Sep 19, 2017

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Agilent Technologies (San Jose, CA).

Interview

No Professional approach for the candidate, completed all rounds of interview but made me waiting for 3 months to send feedback, its not about rejection but keep updating the candidate about the status. one manager was saying she ll hire only if you are willing to work on weekends, felt like trying to exploit candidates with h1b situation. technical rounds were very professional, too long interview process. total it took 6months to complete all rounds and get feedback. Please respect the candidate who is applying.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work over weekends ?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Agilent Technologies.

Interview

After i submitted my information online, I received phone interview requirement shortly after. Plus a questionnaire for me to fill out. Then I did pre-screening over the phone. It took about 5-10 mins for the phone interview, basically just checking all my personal information, etc.

Interview Questions

• Are you interviewing for other jobs.   3 Answers

Senior Associate, Corporate Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Agilent Technologies (Wilmington, DE) in August 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed by a total of seven different people, three by phone and the rest by video conference. Overall, everyone with whom I spoke was unfailingly friendly, but almost from the start I was hearing mixed messages:
    - Phone interviewers all told me they had 'red flags' or 'concerns' about my candidacy for reasons they couldn't (or wouldn't) verbalize to me. I found it deflating to hear those things from people who had not even met me in person and was perplexed why they would continue scheduling additional interviews if that was the case.
    - I was asked some disturbing questions such as how I felt about being told to download 1,000 documents from the cloud to the Company's servers. Or, how I felt about formatting powerpoint presentations. Those questions were incongruous with the job description and its seniority. The questions insinuated secretarial/administrative duties for what should have been a senior personal-contributor level position with multiple years of experience and an MBA.
    - The position required relocation to Silicon Valley, which I was more than happy to do; but interviewers kept requesting reassurances that this was indeed the case. Either they didn't believe me or they wanted me to relocate on my own dime and just didn't want to say that out loud.
    - After three phone interviews, instead of bringing me in for in-person interviews; they organized a 3.5 hour video-conference interview with five different people. They said that if the long-distance interviews were successful, they would put an offer on the table and only then bring me in. That made no sense to me - why would any company put an offer on the table for a candidate they'd never shook hands with? For a large corporation like Agilent to be miserly about the $500 price tag it would have cost them to bring me in for in-person interviews raised a red flag (especially when combine with the relocation issue).
    And after all that, they didn't even have the decency to call me in person to tell me they preferred not to proceed with my candidacy. Instead, I received a laconic cookie-cutter email from a Company-authorized recruiter (not even from the hiring manager.
    An overall perplexing interview process. Nice people but with a lot of conflicting sub-context from their actions and between the lines.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about being told to download 1,000 documents from the cloud to the Company's servers as part of a deal?   1 Answer

GC Applications Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Agilent Technologies (Wilmington, DE) in July 2017.

Interview

Online submittal of basic information and then job specific questions-phone interview with hiring manager-onsite interview with team. Once I spoke to the hiring manager, he told me I checked every box for the position, he told me about the role and said I would be invited out.
    Three weeks later, when I arrived on site, I gave a 1 hour presentation to the team I would potentially work for. The logistics of setting up the onsite interview were absolutely awful. I was told on a Tuesday that I needed to interview onThursday. Because they outsource their HR and recruitment, there is poor communication amongst the groups. Once I was on site, I had a good talk, which I only had 24 hours to prepare for. I have a long history with this company and know many of the people. After the interview and tour, we had lunch. The more time spent seeing the lab. The people were great. The process leaves a lot to be desired. As a Forbes top employer of 2017, Forbes must have ignored the interview process as part of the rating. I was told I would have an answer within a week. When a week passed, I check in, was told another week. Another week went by, no communication. I checked in again, was told I would know "soon". Two weeks later, after several unanswered emails and unreturned phone calls, my last email to the recruiter who set up my interview (poorly at thay), told me they decided as of that morning to go in a different direction. BS! I know they had selected someone much earlier this than that and just never told me. I am very disappointed in Agilent. A company I have worked with for decades.

Senior Associate Corporate Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Agilent Technologies (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

The recruiter sent me a file with about a dozen questions about my skills and qualifications, basically the same thing as a phone screen but submitted in a written form. Then I had a 1/2 call with the hiring manager who was very nice and answered all my questions. They said the next step is to come for an in-person interview on campus but I never heard back from them.

Interview Questions

• there was no phone screen, you have to type your answers in a word file that they email you and ask to get it back within a day   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Agilent Technologies in May 2017.

Interview

After submitting my online application, I was sent a questionnaire to fill out about a week later. A phone screening followed about a week after submitting the questionnaire, finally followed by an onsite interview about two weeks later. Heard back with an offer after another week.

Interview Questions

• Interviews mostly focused on general behavioral and motivational questions. Technical questions were fairly straightforward and easy.
      Examples:
      Describe a time where your actions influenced a customers decision.
      Walk us through the steps you would take to troubleshoot and resolve an issue regarding [relevant instrument part to position].   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Agilent Technologies (Santa Clara, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Found a req on Agilent career page, applied online + employee referral internally for it, which prompted a questionnaire from the recruiter. 1st round on-site about a week after submitting the questionnaire, then 2nd round on-site about a week after that. A couple of weeks later came the rejection email from recruiter. The recruiting team is very responsive with scheduling & follow-up. Despite my result, the entire interview process/experience was positive.

Interview Questions

• standard behavioral questions (straight questions focused on the role; no unnecessary trick questions just for the sake of being tricky)   Answer Question

Field Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Castle, DE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Agilent Technologies (New Castle, DE) in April 2017.

Interview

First interview (Phone) Second Interview Hasn't been scheduled. Interviewed in April and was told I'll be contacted by recruiter for second round interview. Have been waiting over a month since first interview.

Business Process Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Agilent Technologies (Wilmington, DE) in April 2017.

Interview

Submitted resume through university job portal. Was asked by HR recruiter to answer some questions after resume review. A couple behavioral questions and then a deeper dive into the resume... this was submitted in PDF format to the recruiter. Was then contacted by the hiring manager for a phone screen. After the phone screen, the manager brought me in for a face to face. It was fairly relaxed, about an hour long.

Interview Questions

• How do you typically bring a group to consensus?
      Describe resume in more detail
      3 strongest qualities   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Agilent Technologies (San Jose, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Was reached out via LinkedIn. Had to send my resume twice, then was prompted to fill out a questionnaire that took ~30 minutes to answer. The answers I've provided have led to onsites with Apple, Google, PayPal, and a few more interesting companies but for some reason, I was deemed not a good fit, so no technical screen.

I don't think it's worth having to fill out a questionnaire for such a result, but good luck!