AimLoan.com Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 25, 2017

2.2

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AimLoan.com (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I applied for the position of office assistant with AimLoan.com a couple of weeks ago. A few days later I got an email with an invitation to take a test with them; the test is timed and includes a typing part, an essay and a multiple-choice part that tests your detail orientation and math skills. After taking the test, I meet with one of the hiring managers for a short interview and she said they will get back to me by the end of the week.
    Immediately after that, I got a call for an interview for the very next day and I met with two of the hiring managers, who were very friendly. The interview process was easy, they asked about my current and previous jobs and why I applied to that position. They explained a little about how the company works and they sent me to do the drug test right after the interview and I couple of days later I received a call with the job offer.

Loan Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AimLoan.com (San Diego, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very quick and smooth. After applying, I was contacted quickly and asked to come in to take some tests. I took a typing speed test, a math test, a grammar test, an attention to detail test, and a vocabulary test. In addition to that, I was asked to write up to a page about myself and to take an introvert/extrovert questionnaire. I met with a hiring manager and answered a few questions about where I had worked and gone to university. Later that day, I was called and asked to come in for another interview the following day. This was a more traditional interview with two interviewers. They assured me that they would get back to me by the end of the week regardless of whether or not I was chosen to continue on to the next step. I was again contacted very soon after that for a final interview/drug test. Finally, I was contacted with an offer. I never went more than two or so business days without hearing from AimLoan and was always assured that I would not be left in the dark even if they went with other candidates.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I interviewed at AimLoan.com (San Diego, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I emailed in my resume for the open position, a day later I received an email to come in for testing with several dates available. After 2 days I've received an call to come in for a interview. The interview was very simple as I already have experience with the mortgage industry. I was then explained the position and the comp plan

Office/Loan Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AimLoan.com (San Diego, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Submitted my resume on a Monday night. Tuesday morning I received an email to come in for testing. Several dates and times were offered for testing and I took the soonest one, which was Wednesday. Testing was in a group setting and included various tests that tested for typing speed (timed on a computer), personality (introvert/extrovert), writing sample, attention to detail (timed), grammar and spelling (timed), math as well as abstract math (timed). Coming with your application already filled out will allow you to focus on testing. The hiring manager came in after testing was completed and briefly spoke with me about what I was tying to accomplish and if there were any hinderances to working (school schedule, another job, etc.). Later that afternoon I was called back to come in for an interview. Thursday morning, I interviewed with the founder/president and the vp of operations, who both made the face-to-face interview process very comfortable. They seemed genuinely interested in making sure Aimloan was a good fit for me as well as me being a good fit for Aimloan. Later Thursday afternoon, I was offered a job contingent upon passing a urine and hair drug test (results took 3 business days). The following Tuesday I received a call from the vp of operations formally offering me the job as well as an email with the offer letter and all documents needed to be filled out before my start date. Very efficient. I start Thursday and couldn't be more excited and thankful to have been afforded this opportunity.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Aimloan? How do you know you'll be happy here?   Answer Question

Feb 28, 2017 – President

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at AimLoan.com (San Diego, CA).

Interview

The interview process was very quick which was great as I was trying to find a new job as soon as possible. I applied online and submitted my resume and cover letter and received an email the very next day on dates and times that were available for me to come in for testing, their schedule was very convenient for me to come in during lunch, after work, or on the weekend. We did testing on typing, math, spelling and grammar, finding errors, and wrote a brief outline of why AimLoan should hire us. At the end, we met the Vice President/Operations Manager who reviewed our tests and did a quick overview of our resume. During the interview I got to meet the President of the company and he went over the different departments of the company and their roles, how long to expect to train through each tier, and pay scale.

Interview Questions

AimLoan.com Response

Oct 12, 2016 – President

Loan Processor Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at AimLoan.com (San Diego, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied, then heard back 1- 2 weeks later from VP of Ops to set up pre-interview test/screening type apptmt; was also sent an app form to fill out/bring in. Went in to the office on a Saturday morning; it was a group-type event, very relaxed (I didn't dress up as for an interview - just nice/casual/clean presentation and others did the same). The staff were very friendly, put me at ease, and it was a quick (maybe 1/2 hour to 40 min, total?) event where there was a quick typing test and short, timed tests for vocab, math/reasoning, etc - then a brief meeting w/ the President (Vince Kasperick) who was there that day; again, very comfortable, brief info session going over application. I was told I would be contacted w/ results the following week; I did hear back the following Wed, scheduled interview for next day; interviewed w/ VP of Operations (Jill) and it was quick and to the point, not difficult questions, just going over my personal history and what I expected from the position and describing the position, company and training setup, etc. She was very up front with any questions I had about the company and position (plus I had done research already and I highly advise to do the same). Overall, a very positive interview experience for me.

Interview Questions

• What made you interested in Loan Processing?   1 Answer

Oct 12, 2016 – President

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AimLoan.com (San Diego, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I submitted my resume through Indeed, got an email back the next day and a week after that i got an interview. Super easy and fast.It was the easiest interview i have ever had. I always get really nervous, but this time It was easy and it felt more like just friendly conversation.

Interview Questions

• discuss your previous work related to the position   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at AimLoan.com (San Diego, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

After sending my resume to Aim online, I was contacted by Jill, the VP of Aim, to attend a pre-employment assessment session. There were a series of tests such as typing, English, math and attention to detail. The testing was pretty straightforward and done in a group setting of about 12 other candidates. After completing the tests, I had a brief initial interview with Jill where we went over specifics about my resume.

A couple days after my testing date I was called back for a second interview with Vince (AIM President) and Jill. They were both very welcoming and made the interview comfortable and informative. They discussed the core values of the company and also inquired about how I would uphold their high standards for customer service. Overall, it was an enjoyable interview experience and Vince and Jill are great at making their candidates feel comfortable.

Interview Questions

AimLoan.com Response

Jul 15, 2016 – President

Thank you for taking the time to post to Glassdoor.

Mortgage Loan Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AimLoan.com (San Diego, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied for position online was immediately sent a email to schedule to take a assessment test. Test would be based off of typing, math, reasoning, and attention to detail. After passing the test I would be schedule for a interview based off my experience and credit. It's really important to this company you have a good credit history. they will you about their core values of the company. Which they tell you in the first email to check out their website mission and core values.

Loan Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AimLoan.com (San Diego, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got an email back to schedule an appointment to take an assessment the same day. The assessment consisted of a few written tests as well as a typing test. I recieved a call back for an interview the next day. And it was one of the best I've ever had, conversational style. They really try and get to know you on a personal & skill level to see if you will be the right fit, without making you feel tense.

Interview Questions

• What was it that drew my attention to the position and the company?   Answer Question

Jul 15, 2016 – President

Thank you for taking the time to post to Glassdoor.