Akorn Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Akorn Interview Questions

2.6

Senior Revenue Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Akorn (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online for the job and was invited to an in person interview. The interview was slightly delayed. I interviewed with 3 different people all of whom asked different questions. They all seemed knowledgeable about their areas. They asked a lot of "tell me a time when" type of questions. They asked a lot about my experiences. However, they emphasized how tough it was going to be at the Company and how hard everyone works. That was a little off-putting. Given that the Company just came out of bankruptcy a few years ago, it seems like everyone is driven to make improvements. There was also a financial statement restatement last year, so everyone is still reeling from the effects.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you dealt with a difficult situation at work.   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Akorn (Lake Forest, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

I initially met with the HR person who went thoroughly explained the advantages of working for Akorn Pharmaceutical and then briefed me on their benefits package. I was then introduced to the head of the department and interviewed in her office one on one. After this I had an additional interview with another member of the marketing team.

Interview Questions

• How do I handle working for a difficult personality type.   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Akorn (Lake Forest, IL).

Interview

So so, the interviewer look tired and was vague on information. Person was unimpressed by background of person interviewing for this job. Does not look like person interviewing was comfortable talking about job. Person may not be experienced in interviewing process. Did not know what to ask.

Interview Questions

• Vague questions just that person needed help. Don't think person knew what help tho   Answer Question

Analytical Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Akorn (Chicago, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

Met with several team members at the same time. Very rude interviewer who sighed loudly during interview. No behavioral questions were asked, all technical. The other interviewers were quiet. There were a lot of questions regarding what I would do if I ran into xyz situation with instrumentation.

Interview Questions

• What is the theory of each part of method development   1 Answer

Senior Revenue Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Forest Lake, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Akorn (Forest Lake, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

Standard interview with 4 people, however the HR person had to cut me short since they were running late and pulled into a meeting. Had a follow up phone interview with the Assoc DIrector and Supervisor to ask me specifics related to the job, which should have been asked in the face to face. I was then offered the position, which is the salary was decent, however the benefits were nothing to write home about and there is no negotiation on benefits. Not to mention, HR blew me off a couple of times to discuss position specifics and the hiring manager insisted that I give less than 2 weeks notice to my current employer after HR had given me a completely different start date. So I decided to decline the offer completely. It is never a good sign when the hiring manager tells you they are restating financial for Q2 and we were already in Q4 and they were working many hours and weekends.

Interview Questions

• What is a rebate/chargeback and how do you record them?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukegan, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Akorn (Waukegan, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

Worked with recruiter hiring for a temp position. Once I arrived I waited for about 30 mins. The Interview was scheduled to be with 4 people, and only 1 person showed up, so the manager grabbed another person to sit in. It was a very long 2 hrs that I spent out there and I was frankly astonished at how rude they were. Even the receptionist at the front desk kept apologizing for them.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my experience in performing the role I was called out there for   1 Answer

They basically wanted me to perform 2 jobs and underpay me for 1. They also only wanted to hire as a temp instead of a direct hire position.

Quality Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Decatur, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Akorn (Decatur, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

Spoke with HR, set up phone screen, then face to face. Once I arrived I waited for about 20 mins. The Interview was scheduled to be with 3 people, and only 1 person showed up, so the manager grabbed another person to sit in. It was very quick (I drove over 3 hours), I knew that I would not accept an offer if one was made. Well I guess they were feeling the same as I was because Monday the following week I was told they went with another candidate.

Interview Questions

• Scripted type questions. Basic questions, tell me about a time. . . . .   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Akorn.

Interview

The interviewing process is standard. You meet with the key stakeholders for the position. You get a little tour of the office. You meet and greet. You receive some additional information about the company.

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Akorn.

Interview

Was asked a few questions about myself, told about the company and what the position was "supposed" to be. Got a short tour of the building and was sent on my way.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation phase.

Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Decatur, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Akorn (Decatur, IL) in April 2012.

Interview

They basically asked me a couple questions about myself, which I like and just told me about what I would be doing and gave me a brief tour of the place