Akron General Health System Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Akron General Health System

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Akron General Health System (Akron, OH) in October 2017.

Interview

Very streamlined. Interviewed first with HR recruiter to determine best fit and then with the unit manager. Both interviews were based on behavioral questions. Very friendly and professional process. Pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer

Unit Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Akron General Health System (Akron, OH) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview was fairly easy got a call from HR stating they found my resume and wanted me to take a typing and medical terminology test. Passed both and they scheduled me a interview the following week. First interview was with HR recruiter and the second one was with the Director of the unit I would be working on.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to deal with a tough situation at work? How did you handle it   Answer Question

Senior Tech Interview

Interview

I interviewed 1st with HR. I felt that things really went well, I was called later on in the day by HR again to schedule an interview with the manager on the floor where they had an opening.
    I went to this interview thinking that HR would have forwarded my information over to the manager on the floor that they asked that I interview with...Nope!
    That didn't happen. Nor did I actually get to interview with the manager that I was scheduled to interview with, it was someone else. So I go to this interview expecting to answer typical interview questions..which I did.. but I had no resume for a 2nd Interview nor did the person actually conducting the interview have a copy of my resume or any of my info from interview 1.
    I feel as though I was robbed of the opportunity of working for this company due to the fact that there was a lack in communication between HR and the Manager on the floor. My 20 plus years experience didn't matter to the person that I wasn't scheduled to interview with...but had to because the actual manager was not available. By this person not having my info from HR sent over to her prior....made it look as though I was not prepared to interview... and it made them look as though they do not follow through on or with information of their potential candidates

Interview Questions

• what is your work history?   1 Answer
    • what have you done in your job that you would consider going above and beyond your call of duty?   Answer Question
    • how do you handle conflict?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Akron General Health System (Akron, OH) in June 2016.

Interview

Great interview process very casual. Great people. The salary was below what I needed, so I pulled my name when asked for a second interview. Their benefits were higher then I am current paying which was a surprise given that its a medical organization.

Vallet/Greeter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Akron General Health System in February 2015.

Interview

It was a very easy process they tell you where to park and then give you turn by turn directions to the HR department which is pretty hard to find without directions. First you have a interview with the HR interviewer and if that all goes well you then go to the manager or supervisor of of the department your applying for and have about a half hour interview and if all goes well you get a call in a day or so asking when you can have your physical done and all the other little stuff like name badge and uniform then you pick and orientation date and after orientation you get your start date.

Manager Interview

Interview

Easy interview process

Senior Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Akron General Health System (Akron, OH) in March 2013.

Interview

The process was quick and straight to the point. They made you comfortable because I was nervous about doing an interview because it's been so long. But they gave you lots of information about the position

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Akron General Health System (Akron, OH) in May 2012.

Interview

Very long process. Several interviews. Met with a recruiter even prior to meeting with a manager on the floor that I was applying for. Multiple layers of interviews. Multiple situational questions. The process seemed more difficult than necessary, Overall experience was difficult but I did get the job. I found it ironic, it was even difficult to get the assigned scrubs.. that was the last step of the process.. it was in an area above a parking garage.. the sign on the door said "almost done:

Interview Questions

• Many situational questions, as well as working well with co workers in stressful environment.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. They have a RN pay scale based on how many years worked

Radiation Therapist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Akron General Health System (Akron, OH) in April 2010.

Interview

The department manager did the interviewing. He actually did an interview with me and a girlfriend of mine looking for a job also. He hired us both so we could car-pool as Akron was an hour away for
    both of us. He told us it was a great place to work and that working there would be much better than
    their counter hospital Akron City that we also had interviewed at. We believed him and took the job.

Interview Questions

• Can you get along with anyone?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offered me full pay per hour that was the highest therapist there.
    I also received a 2,000.00 sign on bonus

Personal Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Akron, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Akron General Health System (West Akron, OH) in December 2008.

Interview

The process took a while because various people you had to talk with. Also, there is a drug test. A good one. After that the job started right away. The place has the normal interview that would be expected from any other Personal Training job.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience as a Personal Trainer and how do mouthing you can help?   Answer Question

Not enough money.