Alcon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Vision Care Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Alcon (Houston, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

Interview process was first a phone screen with an internal recruiter, then a face-to-face with the manager, then a ride day with a rep, then a group meeting with both the manager and his boss and then another face-to- face with the manager and another rep. In between that was multiple conversations with other reps in the district and a personality test.

Interview Questions

Alcon Response

Mar 16, 2018

Thank you for reviewing your interview experience. Welcome to Alcon!

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Alcon.

Interview

Very long with multiple interviewers. They did not offer water even though it was a 4 hour interview. I was told I would get an offer and they were waiting on one person who was out of town to sign off but the offer never came.

Assembler Interview

Interview

Interview took 5 minutes, attendance is a priority since it’s the only thing they will look at. Interview questions revolved around safety in the workplace. The hiring process takes around a month since background check is done by a third party.

Interview Questions

• What does safety mean to you?   1 Answer

May 2, 2018

Welcome! We hope you are settling in and enjoying your new position within the organization. Thanks for reviewing your interview experience.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Alcon.

Interview

Recruiters, managers and interviewers were extremely nice and helpful. They made the process very easy, and they were very flexible with scheduling. They tried to make me feel as confortable as posible. The questions were mostly behavioral and on why would you be a fit for the position.

Interview Questions

• What is the greatest misconception people have about you?   1 Answer

May 2, 2018

Thanks for your review!

Analyst Global Trade Compliance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Alcon (Fort Worth, TX).

Interview

I went through an initial conversation with the recruiter. After that the recruiter setup a phone interview with the hiring manager. Once completed with the hiring manager we set up a video conference interview that consisted of 3 (45min) sessions with the director, manager and another manager of the export team.

Interview Questions

• Given a task that you don't know very well, what would your process be to complete the task, what steps would you take to understand the material?   Answer Question

Apr 2, 2018

Thank you for reviewing your experience. Welcome to Alcon!

Summer Research Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alcon.

Interview

it's a phone interview. I got the email from the recruiter two months after I submitted the application. The interview took about 15mins and the recruiter went over my resume and asked a few behavioral questions

Interview Questions

Alcon Response

Feb 26, 2018

Thank you for leaving a review of your interview experience. We wish you all the best.

Senior Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alcon.

Interview

Applied online. HR contacted me for an interview. It went smooth, questions such as why this company were asked. After that had interview with the director of Engineering. The questions were asked about my background and experience.

Interview Questions

Alcon Response

Feb 26, 2018

Thank you for reviewing your interview experience.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Alcon in February 2018.

Interview

The interview was with one of the associates. It was a phone interview that took about 20 min. The interviewer was very kind. Questions includes technical problems based on my resume and some typical HR questions

Interview Questions

Alcon Response

Mar 8, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review your internship interview experience.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Alcon (Fort Worth, TX) in February 2018.

Interview

Going into the interview process I was a little nervous. After talking with them and warming up it went really well. It was one of the easiest process I've gone through.

Interview Questions

Alcon Response

May 17, 2018

Thank you for your review and welcome to Alcon!

Optimization Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alcon (Dallas, TX) in January 2018.

Interview

Make sure you are not tense and be prepared with the question
    Why Alcon ?
    Why this position ?
    Tell me about yourself.
    Listen to the recruiter attentively
    Ask twice if you didnt get in the first go

Interview Questions

Alcon Response

Feb 26, 2018

We appreciate your feedback on your interview experience.

Customs Compliance Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Alcon (Fort Worth, TX) in January 2018.

Interview

On December 5, 2017, Novartis Recruiting contacted me via email about a Customs Compliance Manager position. Once I acknowledged my interest in the position, Dayna Huett contacted me via telephone to answer my questions about the position. Dayna Huett was absolutely fantastic! After the Christmas and New Year's holidays, Taquilla Burns arranged a telephone interview for me with the hiring manager, Zen Hotra, on January 12, 2018, and subsequently, scheduled a group interview for me on January 16, 2018. On the day of the interview, ALCON had scheduled me for three separate interviews during the three and one-half hours they had blocked off for the interview process. Initially, the Export and Sanctions Director, Chris Elliott, spent approximately one hour with me discussing an overview of ALCON Laboratories, Inc., the Global Trade Compliance department, and the plan for the newly created Customs Compliance Manager position. Next, the Global Trade Compliance Department Head, Maureen Pearson, provided me with her unique perspective on a variety of aspects of ALCON Laboratories Inc., their business model, and her insight of the department's future direction and overall objectives. Finally, the Import Compliance Director, Zen Hotra, provided me with more specific details about the future of the position from his perspective. In my opinion, this interview format provided me with a more comprehensive understanding of the company and the open position as compared to a more typical group interview where all three individuals are asking questions without the consistent thought process and flow allowed by being interviewed with each individual separately.

Interview Questions

• After almost three and one-half hours of questioning, it is somewhat difficult to isolate a single question; however, I believe almost everyone asked me to tell them about myself and why I'd be the best candidate for the position.   1 Answer

Mar 8, 2018

Thank you for sharing your interview experience. Welcome to the team!