Alcon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Alcon Interview Questions

Updated Feb 17, 2018

2.8

Senior Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alcon.

Interview

Applied online. HR contacted me for an interview. It went smooth, questions such as why this company were asked. After that had interview with the director of Engineering. The questions were asked about my background and experience.

Optimization Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alcon (Dallas, TX) in January 2018.

Interview

Make sure you are not tense and be prepared with the question
    Why Alcon ?
    Why this position ?
    Tell me about yourself.
    Listen to the recruiter attentively
    Ask twice if you didnt get in the first go

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alcon (Houston, TX) in December 2017.

Interview

I first had a phone interview, which went pretty well. They asked for an in person interview at the Houston campus. I was interviewed by 3 associates, it was very laid back and they were very nice. In the end they closed to job position and reopened it, but didn't alert me or tell me they didn't pick me.

Interview Questions

• How many golf balls would fit in a bus?   1 Answer
    • Why are man-hole's round?   1 Answer
    • What would you do if you were given a project and didn't have enough time to do it, and were told you had to do it in that time, you can't receive help from anyone else.   Answer Question

Jan 17, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review your interview process with us.

EHS -PSM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Suwanee, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alcon (Suwanee, GA) in December 2017.

Interview

HR has phone interview and set up second phone interview with hiring manager that went well and promised a physical or verbal for third one. I had to call to confirm they went in a different direction..then they sent me an email stating same.

Interview Questions

Alcon Response

Feb 5, 2018

We appreciate your review and wish you all the best.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Alcon (Fort Worth, TX) in December 2017.

Interview

I applied for the position(s) with Alcon several month prior, perhaps 6 months, to receiving a call from a placement agency to see if I was interested.
    Phone interview, hiring documents, personality/IQ testing, background, and UA were completed with the placement agency.
    Interviewed by phone and 1:1 with at Alcon. In-person meeting was highly personable...much like meeting a new neighbor and talking business.

Interview Questions

• Can you give me an example of process change you helped implement?   1 Answer

Feb 15, 2018

Welcome aboard! We are happy to have you and thank you for your review.

Validation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Alcon (Fort Worth, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

Received an email from HR to have a 30 minutes phone interview with hiring manager. 2 days after phone interview, receive invitation for onsite interview. One of the best campuses I have been to. Met 5 people over all, two head of department, hiring manager and two other managers who wanted me to be considered for openings they had. Interview process went very well and had a good conversations with all managers.

Interview Questions

• Why Alcon?   1 Answer
    • SWOT types questions related to Conflict resolution, situation handlings etc   Answer Question

Nov 29, 2017

Thank you for your review!

Principal Statistician Interview

Application

Interview

The first step was a phone call. After the first phone call, I was scheduled for an onsite interview. The interview process was very friendly and smooth. Describe well your accomplishments and prepared to answer some behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us one statistical approach that you like and why?   Answer Question

Jan 17, 2018

Welcome to Alcon! Thank you for your review and we are happy to hear of your overall positive experience thus far.

Senior Equipment Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alcon (Fort Worth, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

Recruiter was very helpful, informative at every step of the process. Communication was amazing! Interviewers were friendly and shared insight on position and company. Answered all of my questions about the job, themselves as managers and Alcon. Environment was comfortable and questions were reasonable.

Interview Questions

Alcon Response

Jan 17, 2018

We are glad to hear of your positive interview experience. Welcome to the team!

Vision Care Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Alcon (Richmond, VA) in October 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by Christine Minola to guage interest. A telephone interview was set up with Michael Green (DM/Richmond). After that I had an in-person interview with Michael Green and John Ryan. This interview was followed with on-line testing and another in-person with Michael Green involving an assignment of how I would handle an account with some provided sales reports. Following this interview I met with Brian Pierro and spoke with him in-person. After this was complete an offer was made by Michael Green.

Interview Questions

• Why I was looking to join Alcon.   1 Answer

Feb 5, 2018

Welcome to the team! Thanks for leaving your interview experience.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alcon (Dallas, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

contacted by recruiter
    great interview and feedback-spoke to the job requirements and expectations.
    interviewer was very supportive and very honest regarding my chances of getting hired.
    I think the process was respectful
    questions asked were basic interview questions assessing my past experience

Interview Questions

Alcon Response

Nov 29, 2017

We appreciate you taking the time to review your experience and we wish you all the best in your future endeavors.