Alcon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 24, 2017

2.9

Scientist (Contract) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alcon (Fort Worth, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Received email from an employee asking if i was still seeking a job - after i confirmed was told i would be short listed and if selected as top 3 candidate i would receive an interview. After 2 days got email saying i had an interview in a week consisting of five 1 on 1 interviews for 1.5 hours. A little over two weeks later got email that they had chosen another candidate for the position. Questions consisted of details on my resume and the general behavioral and situational type of questions.

Interview Questions

• 1) Name three things you would change about your self?
      2) People person or Taskmaster?
      3) Give a time when ..... and how did you handle it type questions
      Answer Question

Assembler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alcon (Houston, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

watching a power point introduction about the job there with some details about the managers name and the laws, after that we do the exam about that, if you pass the exam you'll be hired.

Interview Questions

• tell me about your previous experiences.
      indicate the time of work.
      Answer Question

Principal Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Multiple interviews starting with a screening call, phone interviews with the hiring manager and an on-site interview. The screening and the phone rounds were technical and the on-site interview was a mix of both technical and personality/situational questions.

Interview Questions

Alcon Response

Jan 12, 2017

We appreciate your review and taking the time to write a review.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Alcon (Fort Worth, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

The Recruiters were very nice. I got to the interview and wasted my time. They were late by 20 mins. They didn't even know my name. YOU ARE INTERVIEWING ME! One of the interviewers was more focused on their phone and their agenda than me. I'm a strong believer in being prepared for an interview but that did not matter too them. I was asked 5 questions that had nothing to do with the job. How does that tell you who you are hiring? Not to mention that they did not write anything I had to say down. The atmosphere was not welcoming and before I can even leave the room they were on to the next applicant. I understand that you are interviewing several applicants, and may even have to go "through the motions" of the hiring process but have the decency to respect the fact that they came out. Then I didn't actually get a no I had to call the recruiter to actually get a "they went with other applicants" and "they made their decision Monday and I apologize you didn't get the email". Very UNPROFESSIONAL! Jobs come and go and you either get them or you don't and life goes on but respect is becoming more and more unknown. Thank you for not hiring me because I do not wish to work for you.

Interview Questions

Alcon Response

Nov 14, 2016

Thank you for your honest feedback. We are sorry to hear you had this experience and will use some of this feedback to strive to be better for our candidates going forward. We wish you all the best.

Compliance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alcon (Houston, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Phone Interview with hiring Director in Houston mid Nov 2016. Had all qualifications + had worked with top pharma/med device firms. Director new in role but still no excuse for poor communication. I was a local candidate and mentioned I had other interested employers so I needed a timely response. I was told I'd hear one way or another within 2 weeks. I followed-up with HR; HR was waiting on direction from Director & could not provide update. Now it's Jan, I have 3 job offers, all from Fortune 100 companies. Very disappointed with Alcon's responsiveness and inefficient hiring process. I'm used to and expected much better. I had seen other reviews mentioning similiar experiences but can now say I've lived it. Glad I'm going elsewhere. I've hired numerous employees in my career and understand that things come up. However, leaving well qualified candidates up in the air is quite unprofessional and disrespectful.

The company I'll be accepting an offer from reached out the next day after completing a video interview! They have moved quickly on answering questions, scheduling the site interview, and making an offer. AMAZING! That's the type of company I want to work for!

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work for Alcon?   1 Answer

Jan 12, 2017

We are sorry to hear about your experience as we strive to give each candidate the best experience possible. Your feedback is what will help us improve. All the best to you.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Alcon (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone interview and written questions. Then a face to face interview. Met with multiple interviewers from multiple departments and levels of the company. The interview also included a lunch interview.

Interview Questions

• What question did you prepare for the most, or have the best answer ready for us?   2 Answers

Oct 17, 2016

We appreciate your review and feedback.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Alcon.

Interview

I recently applied for a sales representative role . I received an email a day later from a third party called Korn Ferry asking to setup an interview for the Alcon position. Before I could respond I received an email that day from the hiring manager about a second phone interview with him. He wanted to do the phone interview the next day. I work full time so was only able to complete one of the phone interviews. I then started receiving texts from Korn Ferry that they were going to complain to the hiring manager that I hadn't done their phone interview yet, and have him stress the importance of doing their phone interview. On top of that I was asked asked to then attend an in person meeting . All of this happened within 48 hours. I work full time. It across disorganized and the Korn Ferry recruiters text messages led me to withdraw from consideration.

Interview Questions

Alcon Response

Nov 1, 2016

We are sorry that you have had this experience. Your feedback is what will help us improve.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Alcon (Lake Forest, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

The company is looking for a data analyst, actually it requires someone has the skill with SAP. Because I recently graduated from school, never used SAP before. So the result would be obvious for me. The interviewer is very nice, he only asked me few questions. Most of the time, he talked about the company business. After the interview, he took me to look around the company, and introduced every apartment of the company.

Interview Questions

• what is your background about data analysis and the SAP skill?   Answer Question

Oct 17, 2016

Good luck to you on your future endeavors. We appreciate you taking time to write a review.

Clinical Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Alcon in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online and a few weeks later a recruiter contacted me to get my availability for a phone screen which was later moved to a different date. Several weeks after the phone screen I was contacted for an onsite interview with very little notice and the interview was only confirmed a day before. The on site interview itself was great (although my interview schedule was full of errors the hiring manager had to correct). Typical behavioral interview with 4-5 different team members, but no peers which was a little disappointing. I would have liked to ask someone in the actual job about it. I left the interview with a good feeling about Alcon. However, 6 weeks later and I never heard anything back, couldn't even get the recruiter to respond back to me to confirm if they'd gone with another candidate. Incredibly unprofessional and unorganized recruiting staff.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to change someone's mind.   Answer Question

Nov 1, 2016

We are sorry to hear about this. We strive to have a great experience for our candidates so we appreciate your feedback to help us improve for the future.

Inventory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alcon (Fort Worth, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

There were several scripted questions about what you would do in multiple situations in front of multiple people. the interview took 4 hours with 4 different people one at a time. I had a good experiance and it was relaxed / laid back.

Interview Questions

• How inportant is safety to you!   1 Answer
    • if team members weren't getting along how would you handle the situation   1 Answer

Sep 16, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Good luck to you on your future endeavors.