Alcon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Vision Care Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Alcon (Houston, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

Interview process was first a phone screen with an internal recruiter, then a face-to-face with the manager, then a ride day with a rep, then a group meeting with both the manager and his boss and then another face-to- face with the manager and another rep. In between that was multiple conversations with other reps in the district and a personality test.

Interview Questions

Alcon Response

Mar 16, 2018

Thank you for reviewing your interview experience. Welcome to Alcon!

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Alcon in May 2014.

Interview

You are typically looking at 4-6 interviews to get hired. Initial phone screen by a recruiter. Then a phone screen by hiring manager. Then an in person with hiring manager. Then with the hiring managers boss. Then back to hiring manager and a team leader.

Interview Questions

• just get prepped for STAR questions and be able to relate it specifically to the position you are applying for. They ask certain questions just to see how you reply. It gives them an idea of how you will communicate your thoughts.

What will you bring to the team?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No. HR sets salary.

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Alcon (Fort Worth, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter, IMeet conference with DM, then face-to-face with DM. The process took about two and a half months. The DM decided to go with someone with more pharma sales experience- which took the majority of the time for me to find out because my recruiter quit the company and noone knew what was going on. All aside- Alcon is a great company with a lot of opportunity, especially since partnering with Novartis.

Interview Questions

• What three trends did you notice in your previous territory?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alcon (Fort Worth, TX) in November 2010.

Interview

First was an emailed programming test with 5 C# questions. Then an all day onsite interview with six members of the prospective team.

Interview Questions

• Write a program to multiply two linear matrices. This program should take as input the dimensions of each matrix, as well as the components of each matrix. Use the following matrices as a test:   Answer Question
    • Consider a compacting memory manager using a doubly linked list of memory blocks. Assume each block consists of the two pointer fields, a data pointer, and an “in-use” field. We wish to relocate all the used blocks so that they are contiguous from the start of the list. Write an optimized program for compacting the list.   Answer Question
    • What is your philosophy about software development practices and writing quality code?   Answer Question

Optimization Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alcon (Dallas, TX) in January 2018.

Interview

Make sure you are not tense and be prepared with the question
    Why Alcon ?
    Why this position ?
    Tell me about yourself.
    Listen to the recruiter attentively
    Ask twice if you didnt get in the first go

Interview Questions

Alcon Response

Feb 26, 2018

We appreciate your feedback on your interview experience.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Alcon (Fort Worth, TX) in May 2010.

Interview

I applied for an analyst position online. It took about four weeks before i heard back from the company. The interview was scheduled the next week. The hiring manager brought me in for an interview, asked me a few questions about me, and then basically spent most of the time talking about the position. Based on the details described about the job, I thought I was very qualified for it. But it seems, based on a conversation with a friend who works there, that the company typically doesn't like hiring from the outside unless someone higher up already knows you. After waiting nearly two weeks, i found out that they had hired someone else from inside the company (i heard from my friend).

Interview Questions

• Besides the whole "why do you want to work here" stuff, I got some questions about my background and where I worked before. I didn't get really any direct questions that were considered hard. Instead, the manager spent most of his time talking about the position but he never asked about my qualifications or experience for the job. I think he just liked hearing himself talk.   Answer Question

Any Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Alcon (Fort Worth, TX) in January 2012.

Interview

Very slow and multi- layered. There are interviews with the coworkers, the manager... they are the ones that count. But you have to get through the recruiter first and then there is the HR interview. The entire process can take more than 3 months to get hired.

Interview Questions

• What is something your passionate about?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate, just took what was offered.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Alcon in February 2018.

Interview

The interview was with one of the associates. It was a phone interview that took about 20 min. The interviewer was very kind. Questions includes technical problems based on my resume and some typical HR questions

Interview Questions

Alcon Response

Mar 8, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review your internship interview experience.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Alcon.

Interview

I had 2 phone interviews.one is HR,another is Technical.They called me for an onsite interview.Again I had a interview with one software teamlead

Interview Questions

• About SQL,triggers,oracles,all database related questions and about the projects on resume   Answer Question

Inventory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alcon (Fort Worth, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

There were several scripted questions about what you would do in multiple situations in front of multiple people. the interview took 4 hours with 4 different people one at a time. I had a good experiance and it was relaxed / laid back.

Interview Questions

• How inportant is safety to you!   1 Answer
    • if team members weren't getting along how would you handle the situation   1 Answer

Sep 16, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Good luck to you on your future endeavors.

Inventory Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Alcon (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Contacted by e-mail and the went through a phone interview! Next interview will be face-to-face. They were interested in my extensive inventory background which is what most of the questions were about.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company?   1 Answer
    • What do I think my weaknesses are!   1 Answer

Aug 31, 2016

Congratulations on your new hire! We are so happy to have you.