Alere Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Alere

2.5

Quality Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pomona, CA

Interview

Applied online. Was sent an email to set up a time and date with a recruiter a couple days later. The recruiter was actually a little rude throughout our one hour phone interview. She had no basic knowledge about the position but acted as if I was dumb for asking the specific questions that I had. She was quick to set up a phone interview with the hiring manager though. Promptly got a rejection email about two days later. Even though I didnt get the position, I really appreciated how efficient and streamlined Abbott's interview process was. No fake promises or email tag, just prompt and honest communication.

Software Engineer-I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Alere (Charlottesville, VA) in October 2019.

Interview

During my initial phone screen, I was told that the hiring manager was "very impressed" with my background. After another, more technical phone screen, I was invited for an in-person interview, which was a 2 hour drive from my house.

I showed up on time and was as polite and professional as possible. I interviewed with 6 employees over a 1.5 hour period. At the end I felt as though I had left a fairly good impression. I was told by the hiring manager that he would be discussing the results of the day's interviews with his co-workers and would give me an update the next day. This update never came.

After 3 days I sent a follow-up email to the hiring manager asking if he had any updates for me, and received no response. At around 2 weeks post-interview I sent another follow-up email and again received no response. About 3 days after this email, my application status on their web portal was set to "not selected". I received no email of rejection.

Don't expect any updates or professionalism from this office should you fail their interviews.

Interview Questions

• What aspects of your programming could you improve on the most?   Answer Question
    • If you could change something about programming project x, what would it be?   Answer Question

Production Chemist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Alere in March 2019.

Interview

Very straightforward. The interview revolved around explaining everything on my resume. I asked a lot of questions and two lead chemists were brought in to also ask me questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about ___ on your resume. Do you have any questions?   Answer Question

Junior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alere (Walnut, CA) in March 2019.

Interview

It was okay . only general questions. what projects you do and all. it was about 30 min video call. whatever in resume i have uploaded only that field questions asked

Interview Questions

• What language you prefer?
      which projects you have done
      tell me prime no. code in python
      did you use AWS for the projects   1 Answer

Assessor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gretna, LA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alere (Gretna, LA) in December 2018.

Interview

walked around and showed you different arears of the lab, different areas were others work, what they epectout of you. They quoted one price the interviewer quoted another. I would say a high school student would be perfect for the job. not an Adult with children and responsibilities.

Senior Validation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alere (San Diego, CA) in November 2018.

Interview

Alere hosted a large job fair. They had all the managers in a big room doing interviews at the same time. The interviews were 1 on 1 with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• All questions centered around experience.   1 Answer

Production Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alere (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I was recruited after responding to an opening on Glassdoor and CareerBuilder. I was put through an interview first with the recruiter, then the hiring manager, then a panel interview with the team I would be working with.

Interview Questions

• Can you go into more detail about your academics and your research?   Answer Question
    • What are your strengths?   Answer Question
    • What was one time you were faced with a conflict, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Enrollment Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Livermore, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alere (Livermore, CA) in May 2018.

Interview

Was very welcoming, made me feel comfortable l while keeping it professional. There wasn't too many questions asked that made me feel like I couldn't answer them. Everything seemed pretty easy and that itself made me feel confident during the interview process

Interview Questions

• What would you do in an instance where you had an angry or upset customer.   Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Alere (San Diego, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

Very professional process. Courteous recruiter. The Interviewers were very respectful and knowledgeable. Recruiter communicated the process and was easily reachable and helpful. The duration of interview and adaptability of the scheduling was perfect.

Technical Writer Interview

Interview

The interview process was pretty standard. Interview with manager, interview with CIO.

Questions were mostly about job and skill experience.

We reviewed work samples and discussed them.

HR was not really involved, which was nice.