Alere Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 7, 2017

2.6

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Alere (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Informal panel of supervisor and current employees. Gave a tour of the facility during the interview. A good friend had recommended me so I had it a lot easier than other candidates.

Interview Questions

• How would your friends describe you? If you could be anything in the world what would you choose to be?   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alere (San Diego, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

The recruiter sent me a request through email for a phone interview. The recruiter was rude, and had a condescending tone of voice during the interview. The person seemed to be in a hurry and didnt even allow me to finish my answers, she was hesitant to listen to me. It was overall a bad experience. Recruiters should be respectful towards job seekers.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Alere.

Interview

I spoke with 3 employees and 2/3 of the interview went well. Those felt engaging and informative. The test giver spent 6mins talking and offered a SQL test on PAPER. Who writes out SQL on paper? The test was 10 questions with multiple sub-questions (so more like 25-30). He just worked away on his computer and then shoved the test in the file cabinet.

With a decade and a half of experience for a junior position, the feedback was surprising. I wasn't up to "caliber" for what I was told were "antiquated" systems. The SQL was basic, but I didn't finish because handwriting fully valid SQL takes time. I felt he acted like interviewing was beneath him.

Senior Management Interview

Interview

The Sr. recruiter (I won't name any names but she has a British accent) I spoke to was one of THE most unprofessional people I have spoked to for a job interview; totally unorganized, disoriented, uninformed and incompetent. Honestly not sure how they hire talent.

Client Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alere (Kansas City, MO) in April 2017.

Interview

got called for a phone screening then set up an face to face interview. The interview was very easy, very few questions asked. the hiring manager was very nice and detailed about the company and the job description

Testing Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alere (Orlando, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

I was initially told that I was going to be interviewing with two supervisors. This was false. After the interview with the two supervisors, they threw me into a testing room where I had to do a typing test and a grammar test. After that I was thrown into human resources for a second interview which I was totally unprepared for it. Then they said that it would be about a week until I heard back. It has been two weeks. I have left messages for the supervisors and none have responded to me. I also left a message for HR and no one has gotten back to me either. Very poor communication and leaves candidates unsure of where they stand in the process.

Positive Aliquotor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alere (Richmond, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

Fast with minimal effort. Basic phone screen and in-person interview. Once the background was complete I was able to start immediately. The whole process from the day I applied to the day I started working was about a week.

R&D Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scarborough, ME

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Alere (Scarborough, ME) in January 2017.

Interview

Interviewer was friendly and knowledgeable. Very understanding of my availability, and had a genuine concern about my interests and how the position I was applying for would further them. We chatted about our respective backgrounds, what the company does, and how I'd fit in there. After that I was given a tour of the building and met some of the team members I might be working with.

Associate Scientist - Assay Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Alere (San Diego, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

This was for a position at Ionian Technologies, on the Alere campus. They asked me to prepare a presentation (I could choose the research topic) to present for the whole department (~20 people). After answering questions from the audience, there were three interview sessions with three people each. Each session was about half an hour. After that, recap with the hiring manager and the HR manager.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience in working in an amplicon free environment/lab?   Answer Question

User Experience Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Alere (San Diego, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

This initial phone conversation was one of the most uncomfortable screenings I've ever had. The recruiter had a very abrasive personality and would not move past the topic of salary. This leads me to believe that this company is only looking for people that check a certain set of boxes, rather than the best people for the job. The recruiter then proceeded to tell me facts about the revenue of the company as if to try and sell me on how great they were haha...the whole thing felt a little off.

Interview Questions

• Salary...its almost laughable how relentless the recruiter pressed for this one.   1 Answer