Alere Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 18, 2017

2.5

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Alere (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Informal panel of supervisor and current employees. Gave a tour of the facility during the interview. A good friend had recommended me so I had it a lot easier than other candidates.

Interview Questions

• How would your friends describe you? If you could be anything in the world what would you choose to be?   Answer Question

Regulatory Affairs Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scarborough, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Alere (Scarborough, ME) in September 2017.

Interview

Received a call from a recruiter to set up a phone Interview. On August 22,2017 had a 30 minute phone Interview with the recruiter that went well. Later the HR contacted me to set up a phone Interview with the Regulatory Affair Manager. The phone interview was scheduled next day, but did not receive any call from the manager. The HR had accidentally scheduled the manager on different day than I was. The phone Interview went well and I was scheduled for an onsite Interview. The company offered compensation to drive down from Massachusetts. The Interview was scheduled on 9/8/2017 for 3 hours with 6 people. The regulatory manager, Clinical and Regulatory Project Manager, HR and the Regulatory Affairs Team(3 Teammates). The HR did not show up.
    The manager asked me for some of my writing work which was sent the same evening with a Thank you letter. The same evening I received an email from the recruiter with a good news that the onsite interview had gone well and they wanted me to talk to the Vice President next week. The phone Interview was setup on September 13,2017 and went for 30 minutes and was told to hear back in two weeks with a decision. Two weeks later I emailed back to check in on any update. The recruiter called me and informed me that they went with an internal candidate.
    All this for nothing. Thank you!

Interview Questions

• Regulatory Affair Team - Where do you think you lacked in your last Internship assignment.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alere in September 2017.

Interview

First interview with recruiter which went well, she set up next technical 30 minute interview. In that the interviewer try to understand your knowledge at .net concepts, not deep just basic question but lots of questions.
    Then another/last interview at onsite which was with 5 hour with 5 different people. It was not very hard they try to understand your knowledge, not very technical mostly behavioral. In one of those interview they gave sql questions on paper, basic joins, where group by, basic functions etc. It was easy.
    But They didn't give me clear reason why they rejected me They said they found other people close to position. What? I have years of experience in .Net technologies and they dont even have the system yet. They have outdated system which they are planning to improve but technologies and system is not decided yet.

Interview Questions

• Why Alere?
      Why are you looking for change?
      About projects you did.
      What is the one thing you want me to consider while making a decision on selection.   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alere (San Diego, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

The recruiter sent me a request through email for a phone interview. The recruiter was rude, and had a condescending tone of voice during the interview. The person seemed to be in a hurry and didnt even allow me to finish my answers, she was hesitant to listen to me. It was overall a bad experience. Recruiters should be respectful towards job seekers.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Alere.

Interview

I spoke with 3 employees and 2/3 of the interview went well. Those felt engaging and informative. The test giver spent 6mins talking and offered a SQL test on PAPER. Who writes out SQL on paper? The test was 10 questions with multiple sub-questions (so more like 25-30). He just worked away on his computer and then shoved the test in the file cabinet.

With a decade and a half of experience for a junior position, the feedback was surprising. I wasn't up to "caliber" for what I was told were "antiquated" systems. The SQL was basic, but I didn't finish because handwriting fully valid SQL takes time. I felt he acted like interviewing was beneath him.

Senior Management Interview

Interview

The Sr. recruiter (I won't name any names but she has a British accent) I spoke to was one of THE most unprofessional people I have spoked to for a job interview; totally unorganized, disoriented, uninformed and incompetent. Honestly not sure how they hire talent.

Client Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alere (Kansas City, MO) in April 2017.

Interview

got called for a phone screening then set up an face to face interview. The interview was very easy, very few questions asked. the hiring manager was very nice and detailed about the company and the job description

Testing Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alere (Orlando, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

I was initially told that I was going to be interviewing with two supervisors. This was false. After the interview with the two supervisors, they threw me into a testing room where I had to do a typing test and a grammar test. After that I was thrown into human resources for a second interview which I was totally unprepared for it. Then they said that it would be about a week until I heard back. It has been two weeks. I have left messages for the supervisors and none have responded to me. I also left a message for HR and no one has gotten back to me either. Very poor communication and leaves candidates unsure of where they stand in the process.

Positive Aliquotor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alere (Richmond, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

Fast with minimal effort. Basic phone screen and in-person interview. Once the background was complete I was able to start immediately. The whole process from the day I applied to the day I started working was about a week.

R&D Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scarborough, ME

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Alere (Scarborough, ME) in January 2017.

Interview

Interviewer was friendly and knowledgeable. Very understanding of my availability, and had a genuine concern about my interests and how the position I was applying for would further them. We chatted about our respective backgrounds, what the company does, and how I'd fit in there. After that I was given a tour of the building and met some of the team members I might be working with.