Alert Innovation Interview Questions

Updated Mar 13, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 13 of over 13 interviews

2.8
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Alert Innovation

Anonymous Employee in Billerica, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Alert Innovation (Billerica, MA) in Jan 2021

Interview

Reached out to by a recruiter. Arranged to have a brief phone call. Had a follow-up interview with the hiring manager a few days later. The following Monday, I had individual interviews with the whole team. A day later, I had an offer. The process took about one week, from first call to offer.

Interview Questions
  • I was mostly asked about my experience. The questions were technical, though in an indirect probing manner. I was coming in as an expert in the field they were looking for, so I mostly directed the conversation.
    Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Alert Innovation (Andover, MA) in Sep 2020

Interview

1) General conversation with the in-house recruiting team. That was a long and comprehensive discussion about the company, myself, and the challenges ahead. I got the impression that the recruiting team is very professional. 2) Conversation with the technical manager. 3) Technical interviews with people from several teams. 4) Final discussions with HR.

Interview Questions
  • Describe the principles behind modern data architecture.
  • Explain the concepts and implementation of digital twins.
  • How would optimize the setting of a local-store warehouse based on data?
  • Describe the Azure IoT and data & Analytics landscape and how would you build with it a data solution?
  • How do you design for cost? What are data tiers?
  • How would you choose between different types of databases ?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alert Innovation (Boston, MA) in May 2020

Interview

The Interview process was very standard and professionally done. Starting with Phone conversation then transferring to zoom calls. Overall it was a great experience despite COVID and the need to do all interviewing remote.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in North Billerica, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alert Innovation (North Billerica, MA) in Apr 2020

Interview

I had a brief phone screening from a recruiter after they reached out from LinkedIn. I was given a coding assessment, and followed up with a phone interview with the hiring manager. There was a final interview round on Zoom where I was interviewed by the members of the team/hiring manager in more detail. I enjoyed the interview process. Great people, and an opportunity to work on innovative software.

Interview Questions
  • Questions relating to my past experience/resume and how they align with the job responsibilities.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alert Innovation (Reading, MA) in Feb 2020

Interview

Very professional, everyone was extremely responsive and kept me informed throughout the process, excellent knowledge of the workload and expectations. Individuals were a pleasure to speak with. I had tie deadlines and they responded quickly.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in North Billerica, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alert Innovation (North Billerica, MA) in Feb 2020

Interview

I was contacted by a Staff Technical Recruiter from within the company. I had a 20-30 min phone screening with her. She was very personable and professional. In particular, I was very appreciative how she kept me informed throughout the entire process. The Recruiter described the position and why she felt like my skills would be a good match for their company, and also sold me on the culture and opportunity within the company. After the initial screening, I was contacted to participate in a technical phone screening with the Engineer who would be managing this role. He was easy to talk to, and I felt the questions he asked were on point. Within a day or two, I was contacted for an in-person interview with prominent members of the Engineering staff. I'd spent approximately 1 hour with each person for 1:1 interviews, for an approximate total of about 4 hours. I was very impressed by the depth of technical questions. I've been in interviews where I felt the scope of questioning was too vague. The depth of questioning gave me a good impression as to the type of people I would be working with. I felt it was one of the more challenging, but also most comfortable interviews of which I've been a part. I enjoyed the structure and technical conversations. Beyond the technical they also stressed being yourself and letting your personality shine through. They valued who I was as much as what I knew. It was clear to me they cared as much about the company culture as they did about the work they were doing. By the end of the interview, I was already hoping to hear back. When the interview concluded, they briefed me on what should be expected in the next steps, as well as a general timeline. The recruiter kept in touch with me the entire time. I was so impressed by this experience overall, that I'd postponed further interviews with another company of which I was told I was the top choice for a position they had open.

Interview Questions
  • I was presented with a 3-phase delta balanced system drawing populated with line currents and was asked to tell him the phase current.

Anonymous Employee in Billerica, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alert Innovation (Billerica, MA) in May 2019

Interview

First round of interviewing was a phone screen with an in house recruiter for about 20 minutes. The second round was a one on one with the hiring manager for about 30 minutes, the 3rd round was multiple people interviewing on the same day for about 3 hours.

Interview Questions
  • General questions from a form where interviewers ask different questions from the form.

Alert Innovation

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Alert Innovation

Interview

I applied online and got contacted by HR in the same day. The HR asked me for list of available times. After I gave her the time list, no response ever. I sent a reminder email to the HR. Still no response. This is the most bizarre experience I ever had while interviewing with so many other companies. No one was like this.

Interview Questions
  • Can you provide a list of available time for a phone call?
5 people found this interview helpful

Alert Innovation

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Alert Innovation

Interview

1. Recruiter contacted. 2. Telephonic interview set up after 1.5 weeks. 3. In-person interview set up after 1 week. 4. Recruiter called back saying the company is looking to offer. 5. Two Phone interview set up after 1.5 weeks again. (I don't know why this?) 6. Recruiter emailed with not to move forward with my application.

Interview Questions
  • All related to previous experience and job responsibilities.
6 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Alert Innovation (Boston, MA)

Interview

Had phone call with a recruiter which set me up a phone conversation with a few members on their team. Overall thought the conversations flowed very well and I got an understanding of where the company was and what they were looking for and matched my skills to the position. Biggest disappointment was that they told me that they would let me know in a week, then they completely ghosted on me.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me a time when you were faced with a difficult challenge and what did you do to fix it ?
5 people found this interview helpful