Alert Innovation Reviews | Glassdoor

5.0
Alert Innovation CEO John Lert
John Lert
  1. Featured Review

"Great and exciting place to work"

I have been working at Alert Innovation full-time

Pros

It's a pleasure to come to work where everyone has a common goal - to make the company successful. It's an environment where every individual has the opportunity to make a difference and is treated with respect for what they've contributed vs. other companies that are only interested in what you haven't gotten done. Everyone works hard yet we make the time to also play hard too.

Cons

Not a con to speak of - we all work hard with the flexibility to do it on our own schedule, but if you are looking for a 9-5 job where you just put in your time and pick up your pay check, this isn't the right environment. Culture and work ethic are as important as the ability to do the job.

Alert Innovation2019-02-20
  2. "World Class Organization!"

Current Employee - Team Leader in Billerica, MA

I have been working at Alert Innovation full-time for less than a year

Pros

Outstanding culture and top notch talent.

Cons

No cons...but be aware that Alert is a fast moving start-up and you really have to love that kind of environment to succeed here.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

Alert Innovation2019-10-05
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

"A good example of the right ways to grow!"

Current Employee - Senior Manufacturing Engineer in Billerica, MA

I have been working at Alert Innovation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Alert Innovation, is constantly improving. The leaps we make in technology and head count, sort of rewrite the way we have to operate every few months. Some, might see that as a con, but we are not stagnant and that allows us the opportunity to really have continuous improvement. We are not burdened by hard and fast long term tradition. It's a very exiting environment. Something that is rare in the environment... of a young company is complete faith in the staff and that they are making the right decisions. But here, I feel very confident in the high level decisions of the company. The side effect of this confidence is that I can focus not on the high level challenges for the business, but my personal goals and tasks. It may not sound like much, but has been rare in my many years of NPI and startup culture. I have been here for a few years now, and not once have I felt like I didn't want to come in. It's a great place, where you know you are making a difference.

Cons

We are really still a startup company. There is pressure and short timelines. We have high value deliverables. We are expected to perform at a high level and need to continue at that level to be successful. Although the company culture is fantastic and inviting, you need to be ready and able to roll up your sleeves to function well here. You also need to be comfortable with managing your time and schedule. Someone,... who is used to normal big company vacation and PTO benefits may struggle with our format.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, the formula works, if we make mistakes the failure is always forward.

Alert Innovation2019-10-01
  5. "Great place to learn!"

Current Employee - SQA Engineer in Boston, MA

I have been working at Alert Innovation full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Engineers pushing the future of robots - Catered lunch daily - Friendly and helpful employees - Flexible hours and PTO

Cons

Currently there are none to report!

Alert Innovation2019-10-01

"Couldn't imagine being anywhere else"

Current Employee - Software in Billerica, MA

I have been working at Alert Innovation full-time for less than a year

Pros

Culture, Environment, Co-Workers, Benefits,- Been in the workforce 20+ years and I have never been more happier to walk into work on Monday mornings. There is always a challenge waiting for you. There are tangibles to your work you get to see it live every day. Co-Workers are 2nd to none and want nothing more than for you to be heard and to succeed. Benefits for a new company are un paralleled ... You'd be crazy not... to take an offer here

Cons

cant find one to be honest

Advice to Management

Keep doing it is that you do

Alert Innovation2019-09-20
  7. "my personal opinion"

Current Employee - Confidential

I have been working at Alert Innovation full-time for less than a year

Pros

Lots of freedom to experiment and improve. Culture of empowerment Strong leadership Incredible tech Proud of the achievements

Cons

- for now, no cons.

Alert Innovation2019-07-15
  8. "Best place I've ever worked!"

Current Employee - Senior Electrical Engineer in North Billerica, MA

I have been working at Alert Innovation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This company is made up entirely of amazing talent. It started as a hand-picked team of robotics experts and expanded with people they knew for over a year. It's not just the talent, but the culture. The CEO has a vision for the technology, the company structure, and the culture. Each hire has to be a fit for the culture as well as talent...

Cons

I'm gaining weight from the free lunches and desserts.

Advice to Management

Servant leadership is actually working. Keep it up!

Alert Innovation2019-05-08
  9. "People First - The USA Can Learn a Lot from this Company"

Current Employee - Product Team Lead in North Billerica, MA

I have been working at Alert Innovation full-time for less than a year

Pros

There is a servant-leadership culture here which creates a very positive and supportive atmosphere. There is no "fight or flight" feeling here just the desire to solve technical problems and be creative. Free lunches, lots of coffee, snacks and a really good work/life balance complete the picture. Great bumch of people to work with. CEO is a true visionary and somebody who has a proven track record!

Cons

I am happy to report that there are none!

Advice to Management

The culture is great - think about how to scale it as the company grows!

Alert Innovation2019-05-01
  10. "Amazing culture and exciting technology"

Current Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer

I have been working at Alert Innovation

Pros

Cross-functional team experience. Direct interaction with the product.

Cons

So far there is nothing negative about the place.

Alert Innovation2019-03-15

"A culture of teamwork and achievement"

Current Employee - Business Development in North Billerica, MA

I have been working at Alert Innovation full-time for less than a year

Pros

I am a relatively new team member. I love the several things about this organization already: 1) They have a winning product that will revolutionize the grocery industry by taking most of the labor out of picking orders at the store level 2) The Founder is a highly competent visionary in the warehouse automation industry who has a vision for a new kind of supermarket 3) Robotics is a great industry to build your... career in 4) Everyone has stock options 5) Team structure. Everything revolves around your team. Not title driven. 6) Make sure you read the "Design Specification" for the company. If that doesn't reasonate with you, this is not the place for you. 6) FOunder still roasts the beans that are brewed. 7) New larger offices are highly likely to have a coffee roasting machine ! Off the shelf beans are just not good enough. 8) Breaking bread with your team members every day with free in house lunch is pretty cool.

Cons

I don't personally consider it a con, but I can see where some candidates would: There is a LOT of work to get done and it is not going to subside anytime soon. Be prepared for long hours, esp on the tech teams and pressure to meet deadlines and high expectations from your functional team members.

Advice to Management

The long term health impacts of excessive caffeine consumption have not been fully studied. Some warning signs may be prudent : -)

Alert Innovation2019-02-14