Algenol Biofuels Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Algenol Biofuels

2.7

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Algenol Biofuels (Fort Myers, FL) in September 2011.

Interview

1/2 day interview with all peers and managers. Interview was long, but felt like they were really trying to figure out if I would fit. They started with a tour, which put me as ease before the questions and 1:1. Very friendly.

Interview Questions

• Explain how your experience will help you in this position.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Algenol Biofuels (Fort Myers, FL).

Interview

Applied and had a call with my future manager within a week. Conducted a phone interview and had an offer to do an onsite interview another week later. Onsite interview was tough but bearable. Met with multiple people from the department, the manager, and others. Took 3 weeks for an offer.

Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Algenol Biofuels (Fort Myers, FL).

Interview

The interview was face to face, the HR staff is incompetent. She seems to have no HR training what so ever. I was asked really personal questions from department heads. Questions that I know to be illegal to ask. From the interview, it seemed like they are looking for some one to be buddy buddy with and agree with every idea they have.

Interview Questions

The company seems like a joke!

OPERATIONS ASSISTANT - INTEGRATED BIOREFINERY Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Algenol Biofuels (Fayetteville, AR) in March 2015.

Interview

It was a causal Skype interview that lasted about an hour. I was interviewed by a panel. The question consisted of if you work well with teams, your past job experience, and why you are qualified for this position. It was very comfortable and the question were not hard.

Interview Questions

• Were you ever put in a situation where your employer asked you preform a task you were not comfortable with? How do you feel about this subject?   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Algenol Biofuels (North Fort Myers, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

3 interviews in total, basic with HR, 2nd with team lead, 3rd with manager. the whole process took about 3 days in total, each interview was scheduled back to back each day. most applicants submit a resume via website, but they are also welcoming to in person resume drop offs.

Interview Questions

• nothing standard, it was more of an informal conversation for all 3 interviews.

wanted to know about me personally, not so much work history.   1 Answer

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Algenol Biofuels in January 2009.

Interview

Applied online (by email), received an invitation after only a few days and visitet the company very soon.
    Have been interviewed by the CEO together with the CSO, shown around in the labs. More small-talk athmosphere and scientific talk, not the usual "HR" questions like the "Where are your weaknesses" stuff...

Negotiation

Salary as usual for small biotech in this area, a bit higher than at university, but less than in the "big industry". Holidays and working hours OK but not too good... ;-) Nor much to negociate - either you accept or you do not (small biotech with limited ressources...).