Align Technology Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Align Technology

2.9

Contract Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Align Technology (Santa Clara, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

We went to lunch which was awkward but pretty easy then I met with the General Counsel for a brief interview. All in all it was a good experience and not very difficult but I was recommended by their HR person who hired me at a previous job.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Align Technology (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Questions were not on what are things but rather how things work. So, not like what a static class is but what a class loader does or how spring works.

Interview Questions

• Difference between NoClassDefFound and ClassNotFoundException   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Align Technology (Raleigh, NC) in August 2015.

Interview

After submitting a resume I was asked to meet with the vice president in person. During scheduling I talked to a recruiter who asked some typical screening type questions but was given very little information about the position or what they were looking for in a candidate. Since they had my resume and wanted me to come in I assumed my past experience would be useful to them.

On the day of the interview, I spoke to a software manager who asked some basic C++ questions. He seemed very confused and annoyed that I was there at 8AM although that is the time they scheduled me for. This was followed by a meeting with the vice president who asked some general questions about what I have worked on and what I am good at. After I told the vice president what I had worked on and what I was good at he bluntly told me that they aren't looking for that type of experience and that they didn't have anything for me there. This was very annoying to me since my resume reflected what I have worked on and a 10 minute phone call would have prevented this waste of time if there was any question about.

The office space was very open. There were some offices for managers but just open tables/workstations for others. Even if offered the job I doubt I would feel comfortable working there based on how the office was set up and the personalities of those who I interviewed with.

In contrast, I had an interview with LexisNexis later that day and everyone at LexisNexis was extremely polite and respectful.

Interview Questions

• What is the backing data structure behind a C++ map?   1 Answer
    • What are some C++ containers.   Answer Question
    • What is the lookup complexity of a binary tree?   2 Answers
    • Based on a simple example, determine the order that constructors and virtual functions are called in a base class and a derived class.   1 Answer
    • What happens when a derived class is assigned to a reference to its base class?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Align Technology (Raleigh, NC) in October 2015.

Interview

Got an email from an HR manager wanting to setup an interview on a certain day and time. They did not tell me much about the position or the company. Had to sign an NDA before interviewing with the hiring manager. The office was very empty and I saw no other employees except the Human Resources and Software Director. Human resources tried to sell it as a ground floor opportunity to influence the culture of the organization at that location. Software Director presented the technology that they were working on, then asked some technical questions. He gave two algorithms to solve on paper.

Interview Questions

• Given an array of integers, return the min and max. What are the edge cases to watch out for (nil array, single integer)   Answer Question
    • Given a long array of integers from [0..9] sort it in ascending order   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Align Technology.

Interview

3 Rounds.
    1. Phone screen
    2. Mostly theoretical implementations, Technical questions.
    (n+1) query
    Active Record
    Active Model
    3. Whiteboard - Design and implement a web application

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I applied online and it took about 3 weeks. Then I got response from HR, after a quick we set a time to phone screen with team leader. He/She is so nice but my backgound is weak in that position. So rejection several days later.

SQA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Align Technology (San Jose, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

Telephonic then interview by group of people in 1:1

Clinical Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Align Technology in July 2018.

Interview

I got a phone screening interview a week after I applied on online. I live in CA, but the recruiter was not in CA. I didn't get the offer, but the interviewer was nice. simple questions about me.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Align Technology in September 2017.

Interview

I applied the job online. First round phone screening with HR, second round with hiring manager and finally on-site interview with the team (5 people with 30 minutes for each). The whole process took approximately 2+ months. HR process is pretty slow.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Align Technology (Raleigh, NC) in July 2018.

Interview

Very friendly and optimistic.
    Asked about my life and personal/professional goals.
    Job shadowed for a day.
    Gave the opportunity to ask questions.
    Gave a tour afterward.
    Met with all the managers.
    Hiring manager laughed and told stories, it was not stuffy and formal.

Interview Questions

• Where do you want to be in 5 years with this job?   1 Answer