Alion Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 4, 2018

2.5

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Alion.

Interview

Extended one on one phone interview (~90 mins) which covered every detail of my resume. Be ready to elaborate on all relevant experiences in the phone interview and be prepared for very technical questions like "what is your favorite statistical test?" Pleasant conversational tone, interviewer seemed genuinely interested in learning about my background and interests.

Interview Questions

Alion Response

Jun 30, 2017 – Talent and Acquisition

Thank you for providing your feedback, and taking the time to speak with our team. We hope you were able to take away a good understanding of Alion as an organization, and the operating team you... More

Computer Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alion (Syracuse, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received a call several months later. The interview was conducted over the phone and was very straightforward. They asked me about my past experience/projects mostly.

Interview Questions

• Describe your past projects.   1 Answer

Aug 7, 2017 – Talent and Acquisition

Thank you for response. We make every effort possible in explaining the delay with timing. Hopefully, that was explained during your phone screen. Welcome to the Alion team!

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Alion (Norfolk, VA) in January 2015.

Interview

I was approached in December on LinkedIn by an Alion recruiter about a software engineer position in Norfolk. I responded back to them but I did not hear back from the recruiter for almost a month. The recruiter called me to setup an interview with the development team on Monday the following week. I did some due diligence on them using this site after I spoke with the recruiter and found out that this company was poorly run. I went into the interview with nothing to lose. After the interview, I sent a thank you note to the two gentlemen I spoke with and never heard from this company. It's been two months (and counting) since the interview and I don't expect an job offer. If by some sense, semblance, miracle or God's Grace I get an offer, I will very likely decline because I work for a very stable company that I really like.

Interview Questions

• They did ask some technical questions which I knew right off the bat.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Annapolis Junction, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Alion (Annapolis Junction, MD) in March 2018.

Interview

The interview process was straightforward. Met with a few team leads and project managers. The were very welcoming throughout the whole interview process. Definitely one of the more thorough interviews I have been on.

Interview Questions

• What are the different environments you've worked in with regards to coding?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Alion.

Interview

Short phone interview with HR, mostly to clarify information and arrange second interview. Second interview with a more senior manager. BEWARE: THEY OFFERED THE JOB, I MADE PLANS WITH MY FAMILY AND THEN THEY RESCINDED THE OFFER. This might be a good place to work but seems sketchy. Yes, I am disgruntled. You would be too, if it was you.

Interview Questions

• How does your background prepare you for this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered the job, I accepted and they then rescinded the offer. I recommend staying away.

Intern Interview

Interview

Several phone calls with various departments. All very nice and without any tricks or intentionally confusing interview questions. It was all about trying to get a feel for how you would work with the team and if you would be a good fit for their culture.

Interview Questions

• How I approached a problem in one of the projects I listed on my resume.   Answer Question

Senior Subcontracts Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Alion (Fairfax, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

Total of three interviews, finishing with a panel interview, in which the Director really tried to sell Alion to me. Apparently, they had already made their decision before I arrived, and they were overly enthusiastic in making Alion sound like the greatest place since sliced bread. It turned out not to be, whatsoever.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with writing and editing Sole Source Justifications.   1 Answer

Jun 26, 2017 – Sr Sourcer

Our team members enjoy working with Alion and enthusiastically share that message. We thank you for your feedback and taking the time to interview with our organization.

Senior Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Alion (Norfolk, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

Generally easy phone screen, great recruiters. Interview was a great conversation with in-depth questions that showed the people interviewing me clearly knew what they were talking about and what they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with restoring a single user account that was deleted?   Answer Question

Aug 7, 2017 – Talent and Acquisition

We have a strong recruiting team that try their best to ensure candidates not only feel, but know they are valued. Our goal is a positive candidate experience, all the way to a celebration for every... More

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alion (Washington, DC) in March 2016.

Interview

Very confusing. I was very surprised that I did not get at least get a courtesy call that my candidacy would not be going forward. I considered this very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• What would do or how would you feel about answering a policy or programmatic question.   1 Answer

Administrative Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Alion (Norfolk, VA) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied, contacted by Recruiter, came in for interview was called in one week with an offer. Everyone was very responsive and clear about the steps in the process. I was contacted on time and was contacted swiftly for the next step.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Alion?   1 Answer

Training Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Alion (Bloomington, IN).

Interview

The interview was brief and to the point. It began with a brief general discussion with one of the department managers. Then a formal one on one interview with another department manager. Followed by a phone screen with HR. the overall the experience made me fell really comfortable.