Alion Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

1. Featured Interview

Senior Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alion (Norfolk, VA) in August 2019.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted by HR had a phone screening with the manager then an in person interview with the manager and engineering lead before I received an offer. Did a background check and clearance check then on boarded.

Interview Questions

• Questions about my skill set, experience, versions of technology used, experience with documentation, travel and preferences. Asked if I could work in a team environment or alone and asked about my Server 2016 experience.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alion.

Interview

Interviewed within a week of applying. A lot of background information gathering about previous work experience. No grilling of in depth technical knowledge. It was more of a friendly conversation than an interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe past experiences dealing with your engineering background.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Alion.

Interview

Met recruiter at college career fair. Received phone interview request shortly after. Phone interview lasted for about 30 minutes and was mostly about my resume and hearing what the company had to offer.

RF Wireless Engineer Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Annapolis Junction, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alion (Annapolis Junction, MD) in December 2019.

Interview

Quick, i applied November 7 got a call for a phone interview in the next 7 days, and a in person interview 7-9 days after that, immediately after the in person interview i got a call saying i got the Job

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alion (San Antonio, TX) in October 2019.

Interview

Applied via a job board & was quickly contacted by the recruiter the next day. Was set up for a tele-interview about a week out.

As a recently retired military member, I found comfort communicating with the recruiter as he just retired from the same branch as well. Prior to the interview, we connected as veterans and he explained how he will be sure to keep me updated on the process as he fully understands what it feels like to be in my shoes as a job seeker. He explained the difficult stories he had with recruiters prior to accepting his current role (and his 1st role since military retirement). He told me he takes pride in notifying candidates of their status w/in a week of the interview, if not sooner.

I have the tele-interview and was again relieved when I learn the interviewer is also recently retired from the same military branch (relieved because we can speak the same lingo). The interviewer also tells me I will hear something w/in a week from the recruiter.

Prior to the 1-week post-interview, I received an offer from another company. I left v-mail & email to the recruiter to explain this & that I would like to know if I am still a candidate for Alion. I hear nothing but crickets.

I know this "ghosting' concept is very common in this process and I've read arguments from both sides for it existing. I've developed thicker skin through my job seeking experience so far & have learned to accept "ghosting" will more than likely happen, unfortunately. In this case w/Alion however, I feel let down by 2 fellow veterans (recruiter & interviewer) that seem to already forgotten where they came from. All I wanted was a simple "YES/NO" of whether or not I'm still a candidate after my interview since they both stated over and over that I would be updated w/in a week of the interview.

During one of the stories the recruiter explained to me of how he got burned as a job seeker, he mentioned, "it's just business". I keep hearing his voice say those 3 words now and realize I was just potential business for him, not a person or even a fellow vet.

Interview Questions

• What projects have you worked?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Alion in May 2019.

Interview

I had 1 phone interview and there was nothing else. They asked me basic questions about my school projects and resume. There was no in person interview or anything difficult.

Firmware/Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alion (Dayton, OH) in April 2019.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter on Indeed regarding a position that was open. I accepted the opportunity to interview with them. I first had a phone interview (30 mins) that consisted of normal interviewing questions (my experiences). Next, I was told that the technical team for this position wanted me to come in for an in person interview. The interview lasted about 45 mins and consisted of technical questions asked by 4 different people. All 4 interviewers were head chairs in different departments. The interview was super awkward and none of the interviewers seemed like they were happy to be there. Not one of them smiled the entire interview. When I was asked technical questions that I didn't know the answers to, the interviewers did not seem thrilled. Afterwards, I was told that I would hear back within 3-5 days. Overall, the experience was not enjoyable and definitely not a company that had ambitious interviewers/employees to get candidates excited to want to work for them.

Information Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Alion (San Antonio, TX) in March 2019.

Interview

The interview team was very welcoming and pleasant. They made the process a very comfortable environment from start to finish. There were 5 personnel on the panel and each of them asked me at least two questions each.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I was able to leave the military mindset behind for the civilian operational tempo.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Alion.

Interview

I had a couple of interviews with them, all by phone. They went in depth into your capabilities and what you've done in the past. They asked a few technical questions in areas they found interesting or applicable to what they do. Also they were very open about what their division is all about and what would be expected.

Interview Questions

• Briefly describe your work history and go in depth into one of your projects   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alion.

Interview

Interviewed asked about resume and prior experience in field. Also explained in more detailed what job was and about the company itself. Overall, lasted about 45 minutes and the questions were both knowledge based and situational.

Interview Questions

• Talk to me about a recent challenge that you overcame at your current employer.   Answer Question