Alion Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Alion Interview Questions

Updated Feb 7, 2017

2.4

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Alion.

Interview

Extended one on one phone interview (~90 mins) which covered every detail of my resume. Be ready to elaborate on all relevant experiences in the phone interview and be prepared for very technical questions like "what is your favorite statistical test?" Pleasant conversational tone, interviewer seemed genuinely interested in learning about my background and interests.

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Alion.

Interview

Short phone interview with HR, mostly to clarify information and arrange second interview. Second interview with a more senior manager. BEWARE: THEY OFFERED THE JOB, I MADE PLANS WITH MY FAMILY AND THEN THEY RESCINDED THE OFFER. This might be a good place to work but seems sketchy. Yes, I am disgruntled. You would be too, if it was you.

Interview Questions

• How does your background prepare you for this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered the job, I accepted and they then rescinded the offer. I recommend staying away.

Project Controller Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Alion in October 2016.

Interview

It was a easy interview process. First interview was a phone interview. The manager and director both were on the call. They asked simple questions about my resume. Told me more the company and what all the position would do on the daily basis. There was a second interview with another controller at the location I would be working. They also asked simliar questions about my resume and gave a lot of detail about the job. No hard questions though.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your resume?   1 Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Alion (Atlanta, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

Submit Applications, notified if you qualify and if your application/resume was selected. Contacted by HR to schedule interview, conduct interview, selected or non-selected, Offer packets, if agreement is made---Start work with 2-3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• what is your most significant strength that could benefit the company   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alion.

Interview

Panel interview with 2 Contractor bosses and 2 Gov't clients. The interview process was quick from the time I got a call from the hiring Contractor POC. Alion took forever to get my offer/benefits package mailed to me (not emailable a few years ago) so it slowed down the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to learn new systems/process - specifically; with the government?   Answer Question

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alion (Washington, DC) in March 2016.

Interview

Very confusing. I was very surprised that I did not get at least get a courtesy call that my candidacy would not be going forward. I considered this very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• What would do or how would you feel about answering a policy or programmatic question.   1 Answer

Administrative Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Alion (Norfolk, VA) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied, contacted by Recruiter, came in for interview was called in one week with an offer. Everyone was very responsive and clear about the steps in the process. I was contacted on time and was contacted swiftly for the next step.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Alion?   1 Answer

Training Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Alion (Bloomington, IN).

Interview

The interview was brief and to the point. It began with a brief general discussion with one of the department managers. Then a formal one on one interview with another department manager. Followed by a phone screen with HR. the overall the experience made me fell really comfortable.

Technician Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Alion.

Interview

The interview process was easy. Maybe a little too easy. They only required one phone interview and I was hired soon after without every having an in-person interview. The question were simple, basically right from my resume.

Acquisition Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alion (Arlington, VA) in August 2015.

Interview

I was referred to HR by an employee who had worked for me in a previous position. He passed my resume along and then I spoke with the HR rep who highlighted a couple of positions that were good matches. One of the positions was a much better commute and more directly interesting to me, so I applied. Next step was an interview with the manager and senior manager. Very straightforward interview. Focus was on my experience, the specific requirements of the position and the client environment and expectations. Offer came less than a week later.

Interview Questions

• How does your experience apply to the specific requirements of the position?   1 Answer