Alliant Credit Union Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

1. Featured Interview

National Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Alliant Credit Union (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by the recruiting team. I had 2 phone interviews, and final interviews in person. I flew back to Chicago for final round interviews which really gave me a solid understanding of the organization, culture, leadership, etc.

Interview Questions

• The best question they asked me was what I look for in a supervisor and how they could help me be a better employee.   Answer Question

Jun 9, 2017 – Internal Communications Manager

Thank you for your review, and welcome to Alliant.

Associate Channel Manager, Digital Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Alliant Credit Union.

Interview

Human Capital was very responsive throughout the application and interview process. On submitting an application, I received immediate feedback. I interviewed one hour by phone with a Human Capital representative, one hour with Gallup for a behavioral/fit assessment, and one hour on the phone with the hiring manager. After those calls, I interviewed on site with six people. Seems like a great organization. Everyone was very pleasant and there is exciting growth in online banking and digital/mobile. Positive experience overall. The process from initial application to final decision took somewhere around four weeks.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alliant Credit Union (Chicago, IL).

Interview

1 gallup assessment, 1 video interview. Once you pass those first 2 section, then you will be invited to onsite interview.

It is panel interview (2 software engineer and 1 hiring manager).

They asked some technical questions, in which I feel like some of them they do not even know the answer or at least give proper counter argument why my answer is right or wrong. They also ask not-relevant question, such as : what git version do you use? How do I pay attention on git version that I use? They ask me such that it is a very important question that it is a very big deal when I said I forgot about the git version that I use.

Also, the hiring manager does not ask anything. I can tell that he does not know about software at all. Not sure how come he manage group of software engineer people.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Alliant Credit Union (Chicago, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

I was referred through a 3rd party recruiting service.

I declined in the HR call after they described the interview process and their terrible benefits. I don't know where they get of thinking they'll get anyone with any legitimate experience to give them the time of day.

They want you to do some sort of online quiz before you can even do the technical phone screen. I'm sorry, but if my resume doesn't tell you everything you need to know about my skills, I'm not wasting my time. The only people who are going to go through putting in the time to do that are people who are desperate to leave their current employer or whom are unemployed.

Besides, their benefits take 60 days to kick in. That may work for other fields where jobs are hard to come by, but I'm not going to change jobs and risk not having health coverage for 60 days, or have to buy my own high deductible plan.

Get with the times you guys, geebus.

Interview Questions

• Are you interested in moving forward with the online exam?   1 Answer

Jun 9, 2017 – Internal Communications Manager

At Alliant, our goal is to find the best fit between an individual’s talents and our organizational needs. As a result of this, and in an effort to secure top talent in today’s marketplace, we may... More

Manager, Mortgage Loan Servicing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alliant Credit Union (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

First had a phone interview with HR. After a week they scheduled a virtual interview with a panel of three people. They asked very generic interview questions, like they had never interviewed anyone before. When I tried to move the interview more toward the specifics of the job I was interrupted and essentially scolded like a child to wait for them to finish. One of the interviewers was fifteen minutes late and when he came in he leaned back in the chair as if he was uninterested and didn't want to be there. They went around one at a time asking questions. The person that was late mumbled his questions and I had to ask him to repeat himself every time. Overall it was quite unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when something didn't go as you expected.   Answer Question

May 22, 2017 – Internal Communications Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We implemented the panel interview process last year for our technology roles, which has proven to be successful. We appreciate your feedback... More

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Alliant Credit Union (San Francisco, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

A recruiter reached out and we had a quick conversation about my background and an overview of the company? The recruiter was professional and we had a great conversation. Upon completing the interview with the recruiter I was sent a link for a one way video interview via SparkHire. This consisted of a handful of semi-technical questions. The questions were open ended and asked me to talk about my technical skills as to answer a specific technical problem or white boarding. There was also 50 behavior questions from Gallup.

Call Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rolling Meadows, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Alliant Credit Union (Rolling Meadows, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

The process took a week, phone interview Friday.. called Monday to come in for face to face on Wednesday... and Offer by Friday. Phone interview with Recruiting HR Manager.. Face to Face with same individual and also with 2 of the floor Managers.

Interview Questions

• Questions about knowledge of Role and Behavior questions, also what am I looking for and what are my goals.   1 Answer

IT Operations Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alliant Credit Union (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

Short 20 minutes not professional at all. All conference rooms where booked. The lady from HR and myself had to find where the interview conference area would be. Company is very small 300 people old technology

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alliant Credit Union.

Interview

Initial interview was with the recruiting manager, then met the branch manager in person. Was put on the spot for sales, be sure to know your sales. I researched the company only before my interview, and was able to get all of the answers.

Channel Manager Online Banking Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Alliant Credit Union (Chicago, IL) in March 2014.

Interview

A very extensive interview process, both via phone and in person. The office is far out at the airport, so count in enough time to get there. I was interviewed by various managers in various areas (i.e. Line of Business, Technology, Human Resources, etc.)

Interview Questions

• I don't remember exactly what questions they asked   1 Answer