Allied Irish Banks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Allied Irish Banks Interview Questions

2.6

Credit Official Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ballsbridge (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Allied Irish Banks (Ballsbridge (Ireland)).

Interview

It was a competency interview based on a few traits they require you to have for the job and they ask you questions to prove you have those traits. So for example they will ask you questions that require you to show from your experience that you can be part of a team.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you lead a team?   Answer Question
    • What is your greatest achievement so far in life?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you had multiple tasks that had to be done over a short period of time and how did you go about managing these different tasks?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you were part of a team that failed to reach its objective?   Answer Question

Treasury Dealer Graduate Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Allied Irish Banks (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in July 2016.

Interview

Contacted by phone approx two weeks following application informing me that I had passed the application screen and was given three days to complete online aptitude test, Aptitude test was around 2 hours in length, comprising verbal, quantitative and analytical reasoning competencies. One week after completed the test I was invited to a face to face interview in bankcentre for the following week. Standard behavioural interview (experience dealing with customers, problem solving, teamwork, etc). Panel format involving two half hour long interviews with 2 professionals at a time (one for each rotation).

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you creatively solved a problem. Tell us about a time where you were working in a team and something went wrong. Tell us about a time you dealt with an angry customer.   Answer Question

Quantitative Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Allied Irish Banks (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in July 2015.

Interview

Met with two managers from the risk department at bank centre Ballsbridge. Very relaxed informal discussion primarily about the economy and wider global economy. I was not aware that this would be what would be under discussion and so had not brushed up on my economics as well as I could have and rambled on quite a bit digging myself into a hole most likely. On reflection the interview was quite short and so I can only presume that I must have messed up early on. The money on offer was not good either as they mentioned that it was €30k starting which would be behind most other banks I have met with so far.

Interview Questions

• What do you see as the major obstacles facing the Greek economy?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allied Irish Banks.

Interview

The interview was competency based. I was given 4 core competencies needed for the role in advance and asked to prepare examples of how I best demonstrate these. Start of the interview they went through CV and experiences and then through the 4 competencies. They then asked me about some of my personal interests and if I had any questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a data-set that you worked with and an issue you had with it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you demonstrated problem solving abilities?   Answer Question

Graduate Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Allied Irish Banks (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)).

Interview

Interviewed by HR and two finance manager. It was a competency based interview where they asked examples of teamwork, communication and technical. They wanted to get to know my personality and whether i would fit into their culture.

Interview Questions

• Competency based interview.   1 Answer

Digital Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Allied Irish Banks (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview process consisted of two stages. First there was a short phone conversation with someone from HR, where we went through my CV, experience, skills, etc. Then I had an hour and a half long face-to-face interview with two managers from the digital marketing/sales department. During the interview I was asked both technical and personality type questions.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of how you previously handled cross-departmental projects/issues.   Answer Question

AIB Support Centre Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Allied Irish Banks (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)).

Interview

competitive and Valuable

Direct Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allied Irish Banks (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in November 2013.

Interview

Very casual, embargo had just lifted, they were looking to hire as much staff as possible. Competency based questions. Did a backround check which lasted about 2 weeks, alot of questions centred around the candidates personal credit history, to make sure they were not bankrupt etc. Friendly interviewer

Capital Markets Graduate Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Allied Irish Banks (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in June 2012.

Interview

An interview consisting of various questions relating to lending and the process the bank undertakes in lending money. Talking through accounting and the various accounts what to look for as both positive and negative things contained within the accounts.

Interview Questions

• What would be of concern in the accounts for a sole trader   Answer Question

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kildare (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Allied Irish Banks (Kildare (Ireland)) in February 2011.

Interview

Phone interview followed by interview in front of 2, one from hr and one team leader. Accepted the job and training very thorough. Training done in groups of around 15 and exam follows. If you don't pass you've no job. This is not made clear at interview stage.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult customer... All example led.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No scope for negotiation