Allied Irish Banks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Allied Irish Banks Interview Questions

Updated Nov 1, 2017

2.6

Product Management Interview

Interview

I had anInterview in Bankcentre. It was conducted in a relaxed environment with two individuals from Human Resources They asked me questions about my CV and scenario based questions

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monaghan (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Allied Irish Banks (Monaghan (Ireland)) in October 2017.

Interview

Interviewed in local branch by manager. The interview lasted approximately 35 minutes. The interviewer was very friendly and laid back and asked some general questions about me including where I personally bank.

Recruitment Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Allied Irish Banks (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in August 2017.

Interview

1st round phone interview.
    I was asked at the end of the call if I could come in for an onsite interview the following week. I said I would be available and they would confirm a time and date the day after. I never received a confirmation. I followed up with an email the following week but never received a response. I then received an email 2 weeks later to say I had been unsuccessful on the phone interview. The worst candidate experience I have ever had.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Allied Irish Banks (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in July 2017.

Interview

Warm friendly process which felt more like a chat than an interview. Instead of the generic interview questions i was asked to explain from my previous jobs i dealt with a situation. It was my best interview to date

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Allied Irish Banks in June 2017.

Interview

Applied on their portal site and got a call from HR a month later. She had a few HR questions after which she gave me an interview time within the week. The interview was competency based and was supposed to last 45 minutes although it lasted a bit longer. Very good engaging interview and nothing to trip you up as long as you prepare for the competency questions.

Interview Questions

• questions centred around the competencies listed in the job description.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cork (Ireland)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Allied Irish Banks (Cork (Ireland)) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone interview, just went through my CV, wanted to find out if i was more into development or Analytics, just a genuine chat to see what kind of person you are, interets etc

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Allied Irish Banks (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in January 2017.

Interview

I was working in the company for 2 years as contractor and decided to apply for a permament position in my team through an external website. The interview I had I sat on a table facing 3 people, one of these people was my manager and I already knew the other two. Even knew the interviewers, It was very scary, i felt a lot of pressure. The question were most competency based.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you have to use your communication skills to persuade someone.   Answer Question

Credit Official - Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Allied Irish Banks (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)).

Interview

After my application, I was contacted by phone by HR who asked me quite a bit of questions about myslef and my CV.
    Afterwards they sent me an online test to complete, comprehension, numerical skills, logical skills. After they assessed the test resuts I was invited to an interview at the AIB bankcentre in Dublin with the hiring managers.
    The Interview was behavioural-based, almost an hour of questions about how I acted in my previous experience, CV at hand. They would ask me examples of a certain skill I would have demonstrated in the past, in detail.

Bank Official Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ballsbridge (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allied Irish Banks (Ballsbridge (Ireland)).

Interview

1- PHONE CALL - HR called asking about previous experience, education and APA certificates.
    2 - Aptitude test - Around 100 people (or more) attended to the aptitude test in the Bank Center Ballsbridge. Very organized, amazing staff and friendly staff.
    3 - Interview - 2 Managers (I discover that one of them was my actual bank manager later when I started), asked simple questions basically the same as in the phone but they asked about my voluntary work as well. Few questions about AIB products, if you have an account would be easy to answer. You can also check the website. We spoke more about my voluntary work, I was truly surprised. Loved the energy in the interview room. Makes you fell that you want to work for the company.

Interview Questions

• What do you do in your voluntary work.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Offer and acceptance. Negotiated the Branch to have easy access.

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Allied Irish Banks (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied through recruitment website and was brought in for interview based on competency questions​. Then an online data entry and typing competency session, then interview with AIB hiring manager 2 days later on site in bankcentre.

Interview Questions

• Give example where you had to communicate idea effectively.   1 Answer