Allstate Northern Ireland Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Allstate Northern Ireland Interview Questions

2.8

Software Developer Graduate Roles Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Allstate Northern Ireland.

Interview

Applied online and invited to assessment centre. People were put into groups and asked to develop a product, where people were listening in to the conversation and assessing based on this. Difficult to see how people were being chosen as everyone contributed relatively evenly.

Entry Level IT Opportunities Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Allstate Northern Ireland (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

4 days after applying online (shortly before the deadline), I was sent a form to fill out detailing degree modules undertaken as well as marks, the document also provided a list of degrees which were grouped according to preference, i.e. a degree in computer science is more valuable to them than say business.

3 days later I was invited for a first round interview, no information was provided prior to the interview on structure. There were approx. 40 other graduates or soon to be graduates there, we were split into a number of groups, with around 6 in each, and given a task to design an app for Allstate NI which would be an extension of their Embrace program. Embrace aims to provide a support network for LGBT employees. This spanned everything from the basic features to how it could be promoted, looking at the value of the app, any pitfalls it may have as well as the SDLC that could be used to develop it.

They only took one day to get back and invite me to the second and final interview which was scheduled for the week after. This involved being interviewed by 2 employees and there were around 6 questions asked (the ones I can remember are given), all fairly basic and as the interview was the same for all IT roles it didn't really delve into anything deeply technical.

One week later I was offered a job. Overall the hiring process seemed to be very quick and efficient though this could also have been down to me applying shortly before the deadline, meaning I didn't have to wait around too long for a response.

Interview Questions

• What is your favourite open source software? (As well as questions based around this and open source software in general)   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Allstate?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you were a driver for change? (In a team)   Answer Question
    • They gave a description about Uber (start year, profits etc), then asked how Uber has gotten so successful in such a short period of time.   Answer Question
    • In Java, what is the difference between final, finally, and finalise?   1 Answer

I was keen on working for Allstate, but was offered another 'once in a lifetime' type role

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Allstate Northern Ireland.

Interview

Telephone screening process. The panel was composed by three people, two of which data scientists. Part of the interview was about discussing a previously prepared presentation on an assigned exercise. The leader of the interview was very friendly.

Java Professional Interview

Interview

HR and technical interview at the same time .Can be done over phone or in person. Not very difficult questions. All basic java questions with few HR questions which are common too.

Graduate Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Allstate Northern Ireland (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)) in July 2014.

Interview

Applied online, then went through to face to face interview, which lasted about a half hour, then i was informed about 1 month later that I had got the job and was due to start one week later.

Interview Questions

• Choose an OO Language and describe its key features   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Allstate Northern Ireland.

Interview

Application Form, Interview, then phone interview with USA Client.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to think outside the box.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Non-negotiable salary

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allstate Northern Ireland (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)) in June 2013.

Interview

I applied online, and after a few weeks I received a mail: they were interested on my profile and we arranged a skype meeting.

We talked about my job experience and Java skills. I'm always nervous with interviews, but this time was completly different because they were very kind and comprehensive. Well, this was a nice and friendly interview.

I didn't get the job, but the overall experience was very positive, my feedback about the recruiting process and Allstate Northern Ireland is fantastic.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult: a few time skype had a bit of lag and I missed a question, but they had no problem on reasking the question.   Answer Question

Graduate Role Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Allstate Northern Ireland.

Interview

Applied online. Got interview offer within one week

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Strabane, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allstate Northern Ireland (Strabane, Northern Ireland (UK)) in April 2012.

Interview

Attended a open day for open positions, had a short interview, then attended a aptitude test, followed by a formal interview.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Allstate Northern Ireland (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)) in April 2012.

Interview

I applied, I was contacted, I got a phone interview and I didn't have an offer. I also didn't like the interview, it was too mechanical, too standard and it didn't motivate me to work with them.

Interview Questions

• Questions about basic probabilities based on rolling three times a die.   1 Answer
    • Several standard and wide/irrelevant questions suitable to somebody that is just graduating.   1 Answer