Ally Financial Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ally Financial Interview Questions

Updated Dec 28, 2017

2.7

QA Manager Interview

Interview

Easy interview, with few technical questions. Mostly questions about experience and familiarity with their tech stack. I expected to be given test scenarios and get asked about TDD and other methodologies, but they seemed more interested in how to manage and lead a group of testers onsite and offshore.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle complaints from business about software quality?   Answer Question

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ally Financial (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

3 Phone interviews - 1 with the recruiter and 2 with the managers.

I got the feeling they have problems with teams not getting along and with people managing their workloads. The last manager I met with was very abrasive and almost rude. She was late - then she rushed me to finish the interview cause she had other things to tend to. I was unable to continue asking questions regarding the position and culture of the company. That type of treatment I felt was a small insight of how they manage people.

I think as a candidate - when making a career move to a new company, the management team should schedule accordingly to meet and talk professionally with potential employees.

This position was also paying less than my current position with a direct competitor.

Interview Questions

• All situational based interview questions - basically targeting to see how you will react in different time sensitive or confrontational situations.   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Ally Financial (Charlotte, NC) in November 2017.

Interview

First round interview on campus acquired through career fair. Second round phone screening, walk me through your resume type questions. Third round "Become an Ally Day" was at corporate office. Become an Ally Day was rotational interviews with multiple departments, preceded by an information session.

Interview Questions

• You have 8 balls all identical in shape, size, appearance. All of the balls weigh the same except for one which is heavier. You have a triple balance beam and the ability to move only two balls. How do you find the heaviest ball without using more than two moves?   1 Answer

Customer Service Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ally Financial (Jacksonville, FL) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied. Received a call requesting a person interview, and was scheduled for two separate interviews in the same day. 1st Interview was a panel interview so to speak (2 interviewers). Interviewers clearly requested “STAR” responses = behavioral based interviews. Difficulty was that questions didn’t appear to relate to job function well, as it was described in interview, additionally job posting (including job title) led me to believe position was more of a mentor or team coach for a customer service team (this is a team/people management position). I’m NOT good at interviews although I’m an excellent manager and employee. 2 interviewers were mostly stone faced and the female was obviously not interested. After initial interview, they asked to have a minute and stepped out of the glass interview room to converse. 5 minutes later they returned, and one of them escorted me to HR for the 2nd interview. 2nd interview went better but questions were at times repetitive. It’s been several weeks with no answer. I’m disappointed, however hope this helps those looking to seek a job with ally.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time when you... had to work/manage a diverse group   Answer Question
    • How do you resolve issues without little knowledge of the subject matter.   Answer Question
    • Give a time of when you were unable to meet a deadline/unable to complete tasks in the time given   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Interview

Interviewed at Ally's "superday". Based on what your skills are, you will be provided with 30 min interview slots (1-3 slots). Interviews are mainly behavioral questions. Friendly interviewers.

Intern Interview

Interview

First talked to recruiters through career affair, applied for the position through my school's job posting website, had an interview at the school. Fairly easy. Lots of behavioral questions during the interview

Interview Questions

• Take me through a typical week for you. When did you have to promote an unpopular opinion.   Answer Question

Corporate Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ally Financial (Detroit, MI) in October 2017.

Interview

There were 2 30 minutes interview, one from a newly hired analyst and another from MD of operations. Very behavioral based. They will go in depth with the type of activities analysts will be doing.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite class?
      Least favorite class?
      Excel proficiency   Answer Question

IT Development Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ally Financial in October 2017.

Interview

I applied through my college, and was given an on-campus interview. The interviewer was very informal and only went through my resume; there were absolutely no technical questions. Afterwards, I had a phone call with a team lead, which was also purely behavioral. I think they read through my resume and saw the classes I had completed, but I thought it was very odd that they did not send me any coding challenges. I got another call the same day saying that I got the offer.

Commercial Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Ally Financial.

Interview

I met with an executive of the hiring team. It was a great interview and felt that the conversation flowed well on both sides. Ally seems like a great company to work for. Nice people, looking forward to moving ahead in the interview process.

IT Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ally Financial (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2017.

Interview

Sent in my resume, a few weeks later I received a phone call to set up a phone interview. The interview occurred a few days later and went wll. I was asked about my resume and my experience.