Ally Financial Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ally Financial Interview Questions

Interviews at Ally Financial

2.7

Marketing Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ally Financial.

Interview

After my initial application, I was contacted 2 weeks later for a phone screening with a recruiter. I was told I should be contacted within a week but it was closer to 2 weeks, at which point we schedule a call with the hiring managers. The interview was very comfortable, seemed very earnest and furthered my interest in the opportunity. However, I received no response to 3 follow-up emails, after several weeks.

I am very disappointed in the lack of communication from this company. After an investment of time and effort, they should have the courtesy to reach out with an update, regardless of decision.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to speak to my background experience and how it would apply to the role.   Answer Question

CX Journey Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ally Financial in June 2020.

Interview

I applied online and a recruiter reached out to schedule a phone interview with the hiring manager. The interview itself wasn't bad. We talked about my background and experiences.

I'm giving this a negative experience due to the lack of communication after the interview. I reached out twice to the recruiter by email about the hiring process. It wasn't until I emailed the hiring manager that I received an email from the recruiter saying they are moving forward with other candidates that have more experience.

It is important to have communication throughout the entire interview process, especially during COVID-19. A rejection email is better than no email. Please be considerate.

Interview Questions

• Questions were around my background and my experiences related to the position.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ally Financial in April 2020.

Interview

I had an initial 30 minute interview with the recruiter. Then, after waiting 3 weeks, I was scheduled for individual phone interviews with the hiring manager and other team members. After waiting 3 more weeks, I scheduled an interview with the team lead who asked me about my background, said that the position needed to be filled ASAP, and finished the call saying she hoped when everyone could go back into the office that we would be able to meet. A month later with 3 follow-up emails, and I never heard anything back. I didn't even receive an email informing me that I didn't get the position. If a potential hire spends more than 3 hours in interviews and goes to the final round in the hiring process, it would fit better with the culture the employees so highly touted to be given a phone call or a personal email. Considering I sent the recruiter 3 follow-up emails after the final interview asking for a status update, he could have responded letting me know the situation.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ally Financial (Charlotte, NC) in March 2020.

Interview

Initial phone screen with HR, followed 2 weeks later by 3 1/2 hour interview with 6 people (hiring manager, team members, cross functional team members etc). Everyone spoke to the company’s strong culture of valuing employees, plans for diversification. Interviewers were generally pleasant. Questions were standard and not difficult. I was less disappointed by not getting the position than I was by the way they informed me of their decision. Upon completion of the interview, I sent a thank you email to the HR rep, who indicated she’d be in touch the following week. Two weeks later, I received an auto generated email (like a form letter - not from the HR rep) stating the position had been filled. I feel like if a candidate dedicates half a work day to an interview, especially at the management level, the considerate and professional way to communicate a decline is via personal phone call or email, with a brief explanation of the decision (at the very least). The way they actually did it was in direct opposition to the people-centric culture they tout so highly.

Interview Questions

• What project have you been most proud of accomplishing?   Answer Question
    • Are you familiar with any marketing automation tools?   Answer Question
    • How do you approach competing deadlines and shifting priorities?   Answer Question
    • Are you accustomed to working with a customer experience team?   Answer Question

Senior Python Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ally Financial (Charlotte, NC) in January 2020.

Interview

I was first contacted by a recruiter then talked with the hiring manager over the phone. The hiring manager asked basic python questions and then after the call my recruiter scheduled an in person interview. At the in person interview I met with 3 people, a team member, the team lead and the hiring manager (department director). The team lead was not present for the first half of the interview. I was asked very vague questions about my experience

Interview Questions

• What do you know about cryptography?   1 Answer
    • What do you like about python's interpreter?   1 Answer
    • Write a function that takes a string and switches the case for each letter. "Hello" becomes "hELLO"   1 Answer
    • Do you have any questions for us?   1 Answer

VP-Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ally Financial (New York, NY) in January 2020.

Interview

Completely unprofessional. Their executive recruiting group, TGR Partners, reached out to me via email regarding an opportunity - and then proceeded to ignore my response email. You contacted me, so why ignore when I respond to your email? Ally should choose their partners more carefully - as this ultimately reflects poorly on their organization.

Interview Questions

• Would you be interested to speak with us regarding a great opportunity with Ally?   1 Answer

Early Talent Development Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ally Financial.

Interview

First round of the the interview process was on campus. It took a while to hear back from them. Then, the second round was in office, basically speed dating with people of different levels of seniority. Again, it took so long to hear back from them.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you challenged your superiors on something.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ally Financial.

Interview

Assessment tests taken online from home. Video interview. Then, in person on site interview with two different people, separately. General and resume related questions that inquired about experience, skills and other related things as it pertains to the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you went above and beyond to help a customer.   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Interview

Great Process! They were very helpful in providing information to prepare for the interview, and the interview itself had a relaxed feel. Great team, and a very great conversation. I had a positive experience interviewing with Ally Financial.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ally Financial (Charlotte, NC) in October 2019.

Interview

Resume drop during career fair and got an email for the opportunity to go to Ally day.
    Ally day was about 3 hours long with orientation, 3 30 minute interviews, and a break.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you give a creative idea to management   Answer Question