Ally Financial Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ally Financial Interview Questions

Interviews at Ally Financial

2.7

Sort:

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ally Financial in July 2011.

Interview

I discovered the position on a website. I applied and a few days later received a call for a phone interview. A few days after that, I received another call to set up a face-to-face interview. I went in for a face-to-face interview and met with two of the department managers. I was told I would receive an answer in a couple of weeks, and as promised, I did. I was offered a position with the company.

Interview Questions

• I think the most unexpected question was when one of the interviewers asked me what I am passionate about. I had never been asked that question in an interview and it was a very pleasant surprise.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not need to negotiate because the offer came in well over my anticipated salary.

Junior QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ally Financial (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

You would have a phone interview with the recruiter to see if your a fit for the positions. Then you would have an interview with what ever team you would work for. The team ask a number of questions they thought would help them determine if you would be a great addition to the team.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any difficult question. Some of the questions asked were:
      Do you know the difference between white box and black box testing?
      Do you have any coding experience?
      If you were to look at the site what would you test and how would you go about testing it?
      What would a high severity and low severity defect look like and why?
      Describe a challenge you faced and how you overcame the challenge.
      Are you familiar with the QA process?
      Are you familiar with writing defects, logging defects?
      Are you familiar with writing test case plans, test case suites, and test cases?   Answer Question

Strategic Planning Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ally Financial (Southfield, MI) in July 2013.

Interview

The interview process was fairly normal in my experience. The interview begins with a short summary of the interviewee's professional and personal life. The main part of the interview involves explaining key points on the interviewee's resume, namely past experiences that are related to the job for which he or she is interviewing. The interview concludes with some fairly standard human resource questions aimed at determining the character of the interviewee.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you experienced conflict with an internal or external customer. How did you approach the situation? How did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Itasca, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ally Financial (Itasca, IL) in September 2010.

Interview

Phone interview was good except for the lies. In person interview was ridiculous. Didn't care much about experience or what you know, all they did was ask scenario questions, "what did or would you do" type questions. Same type of interview for promotions, again no care about experience or how good your current performance is. The promotion interviews are fake, they already have their candidate picked. WASTE OF TIME.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

One big lie

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Itasca, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ally Financial (Itasca, IL) in November 2009.

Interview

Interview process is a joke, they ask you scenario questions, it's the same thing when you interview for a promotion. They don't worry about experience or background, or how much your doing above and beyond your expectations, it's how fast or slow you answer these stupid scenario questions.

Negotiation

They gave me an offer, I negotiated, and they said I will get the difference at the end of the year bonus. I have never received a bonus, no matter how much I do above and beyond my daily quota. I questioned one of the operations manager and the hr manager and was told I should have never been promised that. Then I come to fond out they promise almost everyone the same and don't deliver.

Collections Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ally Financial (Jacksonville, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

Two part interview on the same day, gave thorough explanation of duties of position. Both parties took as much time as needed to fully answer my questions. They were direct and provided a detailed answer to all inquiries. The background review was completed quickly without need for any follow up. In all, it was a very good experience. I would and have recommended Ally to my friebds.

Collections Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ally Financial (Jacksonville, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

I had my first and second interview right on the spot. I was told that I would receive a call to schedule training and I never heard from anyone. I tried to get in contact with their HR department and I even got ahold of the man who interviewed me, and still no response from anyone. I feel like this was a lack of professionalism on their part because, if you decided to re-send your offer at least notify me and let me know.

Interview Questions

• When was there a time that you had a to take lead on a project that you weren't sure you knew how to do?   Answer Question

Collections Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ally Financial (Little Rock, AR) in February 2015.

Interview

Interview was conducted by two individuals. They both had laptops for which they recorded my responses. They each took turns asking me questions. In general they wanted me to describe my resume of work experience. It was really laid back and nothing to be nervous about. They were both warm and friendly.

Interview Questions

• They asked situation style questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I accepted the offer as it was. It was exactly what I was hoping to get.

Interview

So I applied for a collections position I went for the first interview everything went great. I was called for a 2nd interview at that time I was offered the position and that I would be contacted by the recruiter. A week later no answer from the recruiter so I called her and she's no longer with the company voicemail says number is invalid in their system and same with email.

Collections Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lewisville, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ally Financial (Lewisville, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online. I was contacted a few days later for a phone interview. I was then asked to come in for a in person interview, at the end of the interview I was made an unofficial offer. Two days later I received the official offer at a higher wage.