Alorica Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

1. Featured Interview

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami Lakes, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alorica (Miami Lakes, FL) in August 2019.

Interview

Written tests to show good use of the English language and grammar. There was also a spelling test. Along with listening to audio clips to discern good customer service. After a group interview there was a one on one interview with the team leaders.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alorica (Houston, TX) in June 2020.

Interview

I had an incredibly negative experience interviewing with Alorica. First, I applied for the job online which said "Multiple shifts available." When I got my interview, I was told I had applied for first shift, but I had made it clear when applying that I can only work second shift hours.

During this interview, I was reassured that they can simply switch me over to 2nd shift and that it wouldn't be a problem. Later, I receive a job offer and start going over the onboarding process. I reiterate that I need second shift hours, as discussed before. The recruiter acted like this had never been brought up. I was basically told now that I would have to stop the onboarding process so I can be referred to a new recruiter for the second shift, as the second shift job was for a different client completely. I asked why my shift request slipped through the cracks and I was basically told that I was the one who chose to sign up for a first shift position and that it was on me for not paying enough attention. She said that the training class I would be starting on is for the first shift position only.

Upon the recruiter's advice, I message the HR rep back who I was speaking with and let her know that I need to withdraw so I can re-apply for Alorica on second shift. HR told me that this was false and unnecessary. She assured me I can simply work the second shift on the position I applied for and that I don't need to redo my paperwork. She asked me what hours I needed so she can make sure I have as close to that as possible for my shift. I then provided her with said hours. The HR rep thanked me and let me know to be ready for training.

This is now three days before training and I have serious doubts due to the conflicting information provided by the recruiter and the HR rep. At this point, I send an email out to the HR rep and the recruiter and let them know I desperately need to speak with HR on the phone, or literally anyone, so I can figure out if I am training for the right shift and if I can get the hours I need. I have no idea if I should be in this class or not since the recruiter said "no" and the HR rep said "second shift is no problem!"

I am ignored completely for three days, including two business days. I am unable to get ahold of the recruiter or HR via phone, text, or email. I feel like I am being ignored and am not receiving any help at all. I decided to bite the bullet and just go into training, hoping that there's no issues with the shift as the HR rep told me.

It's during my first day of training that I am told once again, that this is first shift only. The latest I could start my shift was 11AM. Please keep in mind, I told the HR rep the hours I could work 3 or 4 days ago, I had been very clear multiple times that I need to start work no earlier than 2PM in the afternoon.

During an email thread, the same HR rep that told me second shift is no issue, and that she would try to get my hours as close as possible, then told me "Well, you applied for first shift. You should have known this was for morning hours." I send my email conversation to the hiring manager and showed her where I was blatantly told they would get me close to my hours and that I wouldn't need to re-apply.

Why on earth did the HR representative not get back to me three or four days ago when I gave her the hours I could work? She should have seen my 2PM starting requirement and told me "Hey, this position is 11AM at the latest." Or, SOMEONE should have responded to me when I was desperately reaching out to figure out if I should start this training class or not.

I get a call from the recruiter later who at this point, is acting very short and frustrated with me. She's making it clear she believes this is my fault for applying to the wrong position, and that I am causing too much of a fuss. I JUST WANTED TO SORT THIS OUT! I let everyone know that I received heavily conflicting information and that it was unfair of them to expect me to know what's going on when two people told me completely different things, and when everyone refused to reach out to me before training. I had to send emails up the ladder before they finally decided to call me and be pretty rude.

I was told they would contact me in a few days with details on getting into second shift, but I haven't heard back in a week. I don't care, however, because I would have declined the offer due to how unprofessional this entire process has been.

They were basically gaslighting me and trying to blame me for this mishap. They refused to accept responsibility for providing me bad information, despite me sending them the email threads that proved that I was being told the wrong thing.

Based on all of this, I absolutely could not recommend working for Alorica. I was highly unimpressed with this whole process.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have providing customer service in a call center environment?   1 Answer

Call Center Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Alorica (Greenville, SC) in May 2020.

Interview

It was quick and easy. Just a few questions about customer service experience, work experience, and how to handle difficult situations with customers over the telephone. They seem very anxious for people to start work and seem to hire easily especially if you have previous customer service experience.

Title Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Joseph, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Alorica (Saint Joseph, MO) in May 2020.

Interview

All by phone, and then they have you do some sort of a personality test over the computer. After that it’s submitted if they decide to hire you they will send you a couple of links in order for you to get your drug screen done.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you’ve had to D escalate a situation with a customer   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alorica (Hanford, CA) in May 2020.

Interview

I got a call from someone at alorica and they gave me a phone interview. It was concise, to the point, but also fun. We cracked a few jokes here and there and he answered my questions honestly as did I his.

Interview Questions

• Q: Are you going to be taking any time off or going on vacation soon?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alorica.

Interview

It was quick and easy. The initial interview is more of them telling you about the position than anything. There is a second interview with a hiring manager. That one is more thorough and lasts an hour.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alorica (Miami, FL) in April 2020.

Interview

the interview process is very long they make you take a typing test and some other tests on the computer and do a drug screening which took about 5 hours. and you will be interviewing with a large group which is terrible because of social distancing.

Interview Questions

• they asked me to read something out loud
      and past work experiences   1 Answer

Interview

The interview process was very straightforward and simple. They asked about customer service and sales experience. There were no surprises and the interviewer was very friendly. The interview probably lasted about 15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle angry customers?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alorica (Mobile, AL) in January 2020.

Interview

Interview to which I was called in 20 mins late, talked to a hirer maybe 15 mins, seated again in the reception area, then computer interview that said I was hired. WOT? Nobody said anything to me before I had to fill out employment forms that aren't self explanatory.

Interview Questions

• How to deal with an angry customer? I've never had one, but I've been one.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Alorica (Las Vegas, NV) in December 2019.

Interview

I was called by the recruiter to come in for an interview. I was immediately given a typing test and then an assessment test for which I had a better than average score on both. I was kept waiting for the "interview" over 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• The questions were benign and trivial, i.e., 'what do you like to do in your spare time?' There were three interviewers on the initial interview after the test, and then the next day there were two "interviewers" and two "interviewees" ... which I thought was very odd ? However, after waiting for over an hour for the interview to start, it was understandable to me that I could have, and should have LEFT the building, but "hind-sight is always 20/20. Finally, the same person from the interview the day before, (who incidentally looked homeless and was wearing that same dirty bandage on her neck that looked infected, and she looked like she needed a bath, and another person wearing foot-long false eyelashes held on by gooped on white glue) started the interview an hour late (the day before was only 45 minutes).   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Satsuma, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alorica (Satsuma, AL) in December 2019.

Interview

The interview process is so simple! Everything is done through website, phone, and email. The phone interview is simple and automated! You record your responses and have the opportunity to redo them if necessary.