AlphaSights Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AlphaSights (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

I enjoyed the process- each interview felt more like they were really trying to get to know me rather than just test me. All steps are described on Glassdoor (Video Assessment, Skype, On-Site with case studies, VP, MD). The best way to prepare is to learn as much about the company and the role as possible, and know how the role aligns with your career goals. Don't apply for the role if you aren't passionate about it or AlphaSights, you'll just be wasting your time as you need to invest in this process. Everyone I spoke to was very nice and friendly, and HR got back to me quickly after every interview I had. Great company and great process overall.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AlphaSights (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

Found the job application on my university site. They scheduled a Google Hangout right away. As I was waiting for the Hangout, no one was present. After a few minutes past the start time, I called their office and it turns out that the Hangout was a default setting and I was actually supposed to just speak on the phone....This is was a chaotic and disorganized mistake on their behalf. The phone interview was an hour and fifteen minutes long--questions included standard behavioral questions and explaining some of my decision making with my major and school.

Next, they invited me onsite and only paid $200 for the $400 plane ticket and hotel. The onsite interview was less than ideal. I had thorough conversations with the first two analysts about my passions, the job, and my goals. Then, the recruiter I spoke to on the phone told me I'd meet with the man who runs the firm and two more analysts. I met with the head of the firm and we had decent conversations, but his eyes were very red and I saw him yawn. Then, he proceeded to walk me out without any explanation about why I was not interviewing with the other two analysts. This was disheartening and made me feel like despite the fact I flew in and put so much effort and energy into the interview, that I was not good enough for everyone's time or even an explanation. The email said to block off 2-3 hours for interviews and it lasted just about 1.5 hours.

I received an email 1.5 weeks later saying I did not receive the job.

People Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AlphaSights in October 2014.

Interview

Submitted my application through their website and got an email about a week later asking me to submit a video interview within 48 hours. Had to answer about 8 questions from anywhere between 30 sec. to 1.5min. I was prepared for half the questions they asked. While I can see why they would ask certain questions, I'm still not sure why they choose to use this video interview system rather than just doing a skype interview/google hangout/phone interview. I found the time constraint a little frustrating.

People Operations Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at AlphaSights in November 2014.

Interview

The interview process is very unprofessional and organized. I applied through my university and was granted a phone interview with most behavioral questions. A week later I received another email to schedule a second phone interview with another employee. That was mainly behavioral as well. Two weeks after that I received an email inviting me down for a final round in NYC. The final round was supposed to last 3 hours and it barely lasted one. They just asked me about my resume and honestly were not professional and frankly, rude.

Interview Questions

• Please rate the HR jobs (employee relations, payroll, talent development, etc).   Answer Question

People Operations Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AlphaSights.

Interview

Apply via their website by filling out questionnaire-- they contact you in one week suggesting an automated interview (10 questions of 60 sec answers each with 30 sec prep time). They contact you again within 48 hours suggesting a second more in depth, company focused automated interview (same format). Then they contact you for a phone interview with an associate (15-20 min). Then they schedule you for a googlehangout session (20 min) with a higher level associate. I was not called back after that fourth step.

Interview Questions

• What skills do you want to hone in the professional working world?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AlphaSights (New York, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

Phone interview, in person interview with two associates, another in person interview with two more associates. Asked to submit a case study as well which I thought was ridiculous for a people operations position. It was almost eight pages long and took hours and wasn't even offered a position even though they said how impressed they were. One group admitted they hadn't even looked at it and asked me to walk them through it. Seemed very unorganized and they didn't know what they wanted from a candidate. It wasn't conversational at all- more of a Q & A from inexperienced interviewers with awkward silence while they wrote down my answers.

People Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AlphaSights.

Interview

Ask you to submit resume and describe yourself in three words then explain those words in 200 words or less. Then you're asked to record yourself answering questions. They will ask you a serious of about 8 question and you have 30-60 seconds to answer each of the questions. You'll get an email saying that they may or may not get back to you. The step in the process is a Google Hangouts interview with someone from the team in the city you're applying to .

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself in three words   Answer Question
    • Name a time you quite, Name a time you bent the rules, what did you spend your first pay check on   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at AlphaSights (New York, NY).

Interview

Two phone calls, two in person. The first interview went great, I loved the conversation, the second phone call seemed fairly irrelevant and unnecessary as very few questions were asked and it seemed like they were reaching out as a filler for time/follow up. The first in person was great, I liked meeting everyone and learning about the company and met one of the two hiring managers. I got called in the second time to meet with a high-level exec who when I got there was "not in the office"... when hilariously enough, I looked up the person via LinkedIn and knew what he looked like and he actually passed me in the office. Strange. Anyway, even though I had great conversations, it didn't sound like they knew what they wanted to hire for within POps. There are a myriad of groups in POps and I think they need to figure out how they want to grow and interview that way.

People Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AlphaSights in October 2014.

Interview

The initial round was an automated interview, which seemed pretty impersonal and awkward. There is a camera filming you and it's a rapid-fire round of questions, and you only have about a minute to answer each one. I did not hear back for about 2-3 weeks, so I assumed that I had not moved on, which didn't surprise me as I thought the automated interview was not a great representation of my abilities. However, I was eventually asked to take part in a second round interview. The scheduling was a little bit confusing, as they invited me to a google hang out, and then called me on the phone. The recruiter was nice, and we had a pleasant conversation, but overall we did not click. I think they are looking for people who excel in one specific hobby or skill, and who can communicate that excellence clearly.

Interview Questions

• Why AlphaSights?
      Why people operations?
      What are you passionate about?   Answer Question

People Operations Interview

Interview

Everyone below has pretty accurately described the process. Definitely was not a difficult interview but was not impressed with how the interview was conducted. It was very rushed and the interviewer did not direct questions that were pertinent to my work experience/resume. I thought the video stage was a great tactic in efficiency but the phone interview just seemed to be a waste of everyone's time.

People Operations Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at AlphaSights in October 2014.

Interview

The interview was just me recording answers over the computer to a few behavioral questions. The process went by pretty quickly because you only have 30 seconds between questions and can't rerecord any of your answers. About a week later, I got an email telling me that I was no longer being considered for the position. Overall, it was a pretty easy interview, but I wasn't used to having a one-way interview like that and it felt awkward.