Alston & Bird Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 9, 2017

2.7

Mobile App Development Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alston & Bird (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

A brief phone interview on background and a follow-up behavior test later. The behavior test was open-ended, all multiple choice.
    I am currently waiting for further follow-up, as I saw it recently.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Alston & Bird? Tell me about the projects you did.   Answer Question

Mobile Developer Co-Op Interview

Interview

By now, there are a phone interview and an online culture assessment. The phone screen is fine. However, the culture assessment is a little bit tricky for me, because there is no the "right" answer. It allows total 1hr to complete but has time limit for each part. Still wondering what's next.

Interview Questions

• Why do you apply to the company/position? Your favorite project?   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Alston & Bird (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

The OCI interview was a lot of fun. The interviewers were laid back and talkative. However the call back was a different story. They are looking for the right fit and it felt that person needed to be buttoned up. The questions were standard I.e. Why Alston, why do you want to be a lawyer. You need to know what type of law you want to practice in a general sense. The lunch was great and the associates that took me were very friendly. The Partners I interviewed with were harder to read. They were adamant that there was a rigid schedule to their hiring process and that would not change for anyone.

Professional Within Administration Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alston & Bird (Washington, DC) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview process was quick and easy. It went as follows:

1. Revieved a call and had a phone interview on the spot. It was not scheduled.

2. I received a personality assessment after the call and was told to complete it.

3. The following week I was called in for an interview with the hiring director and HR.

4. I believe the next day I was called and a final interview was scheduled with another executive.

5. I had the final interview a couple days later and was called the same afternoon to give my consent for a background check.

6. Four days later I was called and given an offer.

The process was quick, efficient and pleasant! I believe the over all process took about 2.5 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you weren't satisfied with your performance and what did you do to fix it?   Answer Question

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alston & Bird (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online in December and they reached out for a phone interview in January. Pretty basic - went over resume and asked standard interview questions. Nothing complicated. The interviewer sent a cultural assessment to see if I would fit in with the company.

Case Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alston & Bird.

Interview

Interviews with HR, staff and management. Ask questions to see how you would fit in the firm culture and describe experiences on your resume. Met with the department I was interviewing with and two people at each level. Received call-back maybe a week after.

Staff Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Alston & Bird.

Interview

Basic interview process, but there's a skills/aptitude test that is tough. Many that work here and got hired before the test started, have failed the trial runs. The assessments aren't terrible - part is a basic personality test and the other deals with your specific role. Depending on whoever is already working in your department can affect how your personality test affects your application. Sounds frustrating, but when you join your team you realize it was very helpful in making sure things run smoothly.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable dealing with many personalities and many owners of the business?   Answer Question

Junior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Alston & Bird (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

One of the most intense interviews of my career. I met with 10 attorneys over 5 hours. Everyone I met with, however, was very nice. It seemed like a great place to work. I would have accepted immediately had the firm made an offer.
    The only truly frustrating aspect was scheduling the interview. It took the firm nearly six weeks to find a time that worked.

Interview Questions

• What advice I could give the firm based on my previous experiences.   Answer Question

Temporary Project Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Alston & Bird (Atlanta, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

The usual application documents submitted through A&B's website. An in-house HR supervisor contacts a candidate for an initial telephone interview. Following a telephone interview, a follow-up office interview at A&B. The HR staff is very pleasant and accommodating. Standard job interview questions and review of one's resume and experiences.

Interview Questions

• (1) Why do you want to apply with A&B?
      (2) Why do you want to leave your current employer?
      Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alston & Bird (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

I met separately with 5 of the firms partners. The first 4 partners that interviewed me was from my practice area and primarily asked questions related to our divisions work. The fifth interview was with a partner from another practice group who asked a range of general questions and questions about my experience in different practice areas.

Interview Questions

• What prior experience do you have in the local Los Angeles legal market?   Answer Question