Alta Bates Summit Medical Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Alta Bates Summit Medical Center Interview Questions

2.4

Volunteer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Alta Bates Summit Medical Center (Berkeley, CA).

Interview

Great interview process, went through training and met volunteer coordinator who was very nice. Interview was run by other volunteers and seemed quite unprofessional at times. However, really got to be able to have a feel of the work environment and see the hospital.

Staff RN II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Alta Bates Summit Medical Center in May 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by HR to set up interview, then met with the ANM of a med/surg unit at the Oakland Summit hospital. The interview took about 45 minutes and was mainly just question and answer.

Interview Questions

• The interview was mainly situational questions, "how did you handle a difficult patient," etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations since nurses are always in a union. The pay rate is already decided based on experience.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alta Bates Summit Medical Center (Berkeley, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

I had applied online, then was called to interview for a related but different position for which I felt less well qualified. The interview was a with a four-person panel including the hiring manager, the people were kind and friendly and the interview was pretty straightforward, mostly clarifying my previous experience and a few behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had a difficult or noncompliant patient
      Describe a situation where you had a conflict or disagreement with a clinician about treatment   Answer Question

Volunteer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alta Bates Summit Medical Center (Berkeley, CA).

Interview

No interview at all... walked in and immediately was asked what hours I was available and which department I'd like to volunteer for. Make sure you have the money to pay for your uniform polo and that you have 4-hour chunks open to volunteer. You'll attend an orientation after the interview and then a training session to learn the necessary skills.

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Alta Bates Summit Medical Center (Oakland, CA) in December 2011.

Interview

It was for a promotion form where I was... Kind of informal, and just standard questions... Tell us how you would deal with unruly or unhappy patients, families, employees, and so on...

Interview Questions

• Why do you think, with no experience in this specific department, that you would be able to supervise an imaging department in healthcare?   1 Answer

Occupational Therapist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Alta Bates Summit Medical Center (Oakland, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

Very professional, friendly

Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Alta Bates Summit Medical Center (Berkeley, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

Hr phone interview, then department interview

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alta Bates Summit Medical Center (Berkeley, CA) in December 2008.

Interview

Phone interview with HR manager first. Second interview with nursing dept manager, visited the dept, met some other nurses, was offered the job after the second interview. After 2 weeks, waited for all interview outcomes and chose this hospital above 3 other offers.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a better candidate than the others?   Answer Question
    • Please rate these four patients in order of how emergent their conditions are. Which patient would you assess first when coming on shift?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alta Bates Summit Medical Center in April 2012.

Interview

Applied online, recruiter called within a few days. Then nothing. I received an email telling me thank you, but the job was filled. Then a week later the recruiter called to schedule an interview - but he was not prepared and didn't have any schedules, said he'd call back in a few minutes. 24 hours later he called to set up the panel interview.
    Very OLD school interview. Team of 5, each asked a question off a sheet in turn, then ranked my answers. After the interview concluded I was told they were making a decision that same day, and the recruiter promised to call me that afternoon. No call - not a surprise - and a week later a LETTER in the mail saying they had selected someone else. I didn't know people still sent rejection letters for jobs. And I did not appreciate the multiple broken promises by the recruiter. Broken process.

Intern Pharmacist Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alta Bates Summit Medical Center in September 2009.

Interview

Very simple 1 on 1 interview as the manager just wanted to know you. The hiring process also included background check, drug test, and a physical examination in addition to the interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate.