Alto Pharmacy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 13, 2018

2.9

Patient Care Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alto Pharmacy (San Francisco, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

Alto's interview process was the best recruiting experience I've ever encountered. I applied online on AngelList for the Patient Care Specialist position and was contacted within 2 business days for a phone screen. My conversation with Megan, the recruiter, went very well and she sent me a short homework assignment to complete within 24 hours. The assignment itself was not very difficult, but representative of the work people in the position perform.

Within a few days of sending the assignment, I was scheduled for a 3 hour on-site interview for the following week. The email they sent me was very helpful and when I arrived I was given a tour of the premises. Afterwards, I was escorted to a small conference room that was thoughtfully stocked with snacks for my interview. I spoke with 5 different Alto employees for about 30-45 min for each employee. I was struck by how genuinely kind each team member was and their genuine passion in providing quality patient care.

Regarding next steps, I was told that I would be contacted sometime around this week. However, I have since been offered my dream position at another company and have withdrawn my application at Alto.

Had I not been offered the other position, I would have been very happy to work at Alto if I was offered the opportunity. I truly believe that they are shifting the landscape of pharmaceutical care in the best interest of the patient. Alto is rapidly expanding and my sense is that they've managed to maintain their kind and humble company culture despite this rapid growth.

Interview Questions

• When have you received excellent customer service and what made it excellent?   Answer Question

Patient Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Alto Pharmacy (San Francisco, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

I applied online in late December and completed my final round interview by mid-March. First, they gave me a take-home assignment in which I had 24 hours to complete. It was clearly explained and aligned closely to the patient care role. About a week later, I was asked to complete a phone interview consisting of questions about my resume, interest in Alto, etc. I scheduled my final round interview about 1.5 months afterwards due to travel convenience. The final round was on-site with about 4 different interviews back to back. Everyone was extremely kind, made me feel welcome to be there, and definitely sold the company to me on many viewpoints. The recruiter was also very attentive and helpful. I was thrilled to receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you made a mistake, and what did you do to resolve it?   Answer Question

Patient Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Alto Pharmacy (San Francisco, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

The recruiter sent me an already filled out test, they did not say if the interview was going to be in person/phone/video and I had to ask after they set the time up. Of which I would have picked a different time because it was a phone screen and not in person. She didn't listen to any of my answers and fired off questions lightning fast. Overall not a good experience.

Interview Questions

• what would your old boss/coworkers say are your greatest strengths?   Answer Question

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alto Pharmacy (San Francisco, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

The hiring process was efficient and thorough yet still very personal and friendly. The process gave me a great deal of knowledge about the company, role and what it would be like if hired. In addition, the process also gave me a fair opportunity to present myself professionally and personally.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were situational: "What would you do if a candidate is running late?"   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Alto Pharmacy.

Interview

My experience interviewing with Alto was the best professional interviewing experience I've ever had, or even heard of for that matter. Michelle, the technical recruiter, is incredibly organized and sent me prompt and detailed calendar invitations for every step in the process. She followed up after each step to discuss how it went and next steps.

Michelle gave me an extremely well informed overview of the company, team, and role on our first call, followed immediately by a 15 minute technical exercise. A few days after that I completed a reasonable and general 2 hour take home technical exercise. At the end of the two hours, an engineer from the team called me to discuss and review my work. Finally, the on site lasted the better part of a day, during which I completed two technical interview and met several other team members to discuss our working style, value, and past experiences.

The entire experience convinced me that the team at Alto really strives to actually live their company values. At one point I met up with the team for a casual Philz happy hour, and later another happy hour after I had accepted my offer but prior to starting. During that period individual members of the eng team reached out to me directly to answer any questions I had and provide their own input and congratulations.

Interview Questions

• How do you prefer to collaborate with the other members on your team?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alto Pharmacy in January 2018.

Interview

The interview process was very smooth and well coordinated. My favorite part of the process was coming into the office for the onsite. Each interview was well thought out and I was asked a different question every time I met with someone new. By the end of the process, all of my skills were touched upon and I left the onsite knowing I was given every opportunity to showcase my experience. Overall, everyone who I interacted with was genuinely kind, professional, positive, and passionate about the company.

Interview Questions

• Can you talk about a project you've led, start to finish?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Alto Pharmacy.

Interview

The interview process was equally prompt as it was thorough. There was no two-week waiting period after submitting a resume, no wondering whether or not it was received, no wondering at all, for that matter! Clear communication was at the root. It began with a brief assignment which led to a phone interview and shortly after, scheduling the in-person interview for a few days later. Their in-person interview process was the most extensive I've seen-- an immersive experience with several managers and employees asking different questions in individual sessions. They were remarkably friendly, considerate and eager to offer whatever they could to make us comfortable. It was an efficient way for prospective employees to get properly acquainted with the company and vice versa. Overall, a great experience!

Interview Questions

• Describe an instance where you went above and beyond for a patient.   Answer Question

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Alto Pharmacy (San Francisco, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who then asked me to submit my availability via greenhouse. They were extremely flexible with scheduling an interview with a time difference. The recruiter was a bit late to the interview though they were great at communicating it prior to the start time.

Interview Questions

• If I had to explain to a friend what the company did, how would I explain it?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Alto Pharmacy (San Francisco, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied online and heard back very quickly. Was super impressed with their recruiter and received a very detailed overview of the company. After the call, the recruiter immediately sent instructions to complete a 15 minute challenge on my own.

The second phase of the phone screen process involved my choice of an API or UI building challenge that's time limited to 2 hours. They'll provide a repository with instructions and then give you a call after time is up.

Pharmacy Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alto Pharmacy (San Francisco, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

It was an in-person interview with 4 different employees/ team leads. The process was a bit drawn out as the interview took 3.5 hours. They were very friendly and welcoming, however.

Interview Questions

• Do you prefer to work with long-term or short-term goals?   1 Answer