Ambit Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ambit Energy Interview Questions

Interviews at Ambit Energy

2.2

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ambit Energy.

Interview

A phone interview was conducted. Then I was brought in for an interview in person. The people were nice and easy to talk to. They asked the normal interview questions. They seemed to be looking for a certain personality rather than a specific specialty skill set.

IT Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ambit Energy (Plano, TX) in June 2018.

Interview

Basic preliminary questions and past experience. I received two follow up emails since both managers were on vacation. After that the recruiter went radio silent and I never heard from her again.

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ambit Energy (Plano, TX) in April 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by Klaudia in their Talent Acquisition department regarding a position she was trying to fill. She came across very friendly and professional and explained I was referred to her by someone that I had worked with in the past. Klaudia told me about the opportunity and I was intrigued by her excitement about her employer and company growth plans – It seems like a great place to work. We set up a phone interview for that evening and following a 30 minute discussion regarding my skills, education and career goals and we decided the position may have been a good fit and I decided to go in for an in person interview. Ambit was once again very accommodating in working with my schedule to set up an interview. When I arrived, I was treated professionally and interviewed within a reasonable time. The interview was thorough but pleasant. The interviewers also did a good job in explaining job requirements, expectations, and responsibilities. . I was very impressed.

Interview Questions

• What was the last project you headed up, and what was its outcome?   Answer Question
    • What are the biggest strengths you will bring to this organization?   Answer Question

My current employer offered me a promotion and a pay increase.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ambit Energy (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I applied though a posting on a job site and was called by one of Ambit's recruiters within the week. The call was a general get to you know you and went over the position details. There was a take home style tech screening which consisted of performing some very basic tasks using both C# and also jQuery. These are fairly simple and can be looked up if you're unfamiliar.

The next step is a panel style tech interview. Generally it's team leads mixed with some of the dev managers -- I had 5 people sitting in during my interview. There's a get-to-know-you style chat about Ambit, your resume, and work history. There was a white board session about creating a tic-tac-toe game, followed by a C# string exercise, then finally some questions about performing text searching. None are very hard, but be prepared to speak openly about the how's and whys of what you're diagramming. The interview took about 1.5 hours.

The final round was a 1-on-1 with the director of development and the CIO. These again, were really just general questions about who you were and your hobbies as well as a small tour of the office.

There is a drug screen and the recruiters did call my references, so lay off the weed and make sure your cousin knows to answer the phone.

Interview Questions

• You've been tasked with creating a web based multiplayer game of tic-tac-toe. Which tech would you use, why would you use it. (Whiteboard) What data would your app store and how would the tables look. Diagram your data structures and explain how you would determine if the game had a winner.   Answer Question
    • (Whiteboard) Using C#, write a function which determines returns true if the word is a palindrome, and false if it is not.   Answer Question
    • There was one question about how you would implement a token search using C# or MSSQL. e.g. find strings that match a pattern, or find words starting with "xyz".   Answer Question

Area Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ambit Energy (Dallas, TX) in June 2018.

Interview

The interview process - while it went quickly was nothing short of a disaster when it came to information. I was welcomed in and directed back to a conference room for an interview that was held with their area recruiter. After the introductory speech and informational video describing the company, she began to inquire what my dreams were and where I saw myself in 5 years. Yet, when asked if I had any questions, I quickly found out that the recruiter didn't seem to have the information to impart to the potential employee. I asked questions like "What has been this company's turnover in the past year?" and "How many employees make this their full-time job compared to it being a necessity to do this plus another job?" or "Are there development plans in place for current employees in this office to advance?" and "Do you as the employee get to see the P&L for the business at some form of yearly review?" to "Do you receive yearly performance reviews and are there quotas that need to be met per employee to continue employment?" and I didn't get a solid answer for any of these questions.

Interview Questions

• I asked them "Do you have a current turnover percentage from this year or the past year of employees who left the company or reasons why they left the company? What was the biggest reason that employees have stated they have left this company in the past year?"   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ambit Energy (Dallas, TX) in October 2018.

Interview

First call was from company recruiter. Recruiter then scheduled me for recorded phone interview. Next, was invited for on-site interview with the hiring manager, where they also had me do some white board problem solving skill assessment. Everybody seemed happy to work there. They were prompt with feedback.

Interview Questions

• What major impact did i provide on my last software development project?   Answer Question

Energy Consultant Interview

Interview

First they sent me some youtube videos through email, the videos are some introductions about the company, then they setup a video interview to talk more about the position

Project Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Ambit Energy (Dallas, TX) in January 2019.

Interview

Good interview process. Recruiter was very good and answered back to emails in a timely manner. The actual interview could have been better but overall was a good experience.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ambit Energy (Dallas, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

Had two phone interviews and had a third interview set up at their office with two phone interviewers and the hiring manager. When I arrived the phone interviewers were not available for the interview. The hiring manager interviewed me for approximately 1/2 hours. He spent most of that time monitoring and answering emails. How rude! Glad I didn't get the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the worst experience you've had in your life and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ambit Energy (Dallas, TX) in June 2010.

Interview

initial phone interview with recruiting, phone screening with hiring manager, in person meeting with hiring manager followed by interview with multiple potential peers. took 3 weeks from call to offer

Interview Questions

• are you concerned with our sales channel structure?   1 Answer

Negotiation

very straight forward, no willingness to negotiate time off