Ambit Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.2

1. Featured Interview

Dot NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ambit Energy (Dallas, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied to the job through a recruiter and I interviewed in Dallas office. It started with a phone interview and an in-person interview. Met with three development managers they came in the room one after the other with 2-4 minuets apart (for sure the last one missed what i had to say about my background and skills). One manager was texting while i was talking with the rest of the team. I felt like disrespected when he was texting on his phone and felt he does not care.

Energy Consultant Interview

Interview

First they sent me some youtube videos through email, the videos are some introductions about the company, then they setup a video interview to talk more about the position

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ambit Energy (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I applied though a posting on a job site and was called by one of Ambit's recruiters within the week. The call was a general get to you know you and went over the position details. There was a take home style tech screening which consisted of performing some very basic tasks using both C# and also jQuery. These are fairly simple and can be looked up if you're unfamiliar.

The next step is a panel style tech interview. Generally it's team leads mixed with some of the dev managers -- I had 5 people sitting in during my interview. There's a get-to-know-you style chat about Ambit, your resume, and work history. There was a white board session about creating a tic-tac-toe game, followed by a C# string exercise, then finally some questions about performing text searching. None are very hard, but be prepared to speak openly about the how's and whys of what you're diagramming. The interview took about 1.5 hours.

The final round was a 1-on-1 with the director of development and the CIO. These again, were really just general questions about who you were and your hobbies as well as a small tour of the office.

There is a drug screen and the recruiters did call my references, so lay off the weed and make sure your cousin knows to answer the phone.

Interview Questions

• You've been tasked with creating a web based multiplayer game of tic-tac-toe. Which tech would you use, why would you use it. (Whiteboard) What data would your app store and how would the tables look. Diagram your data structures and explain how you would determine if the game had a winner.   Answer Question
    • (Whiteboard) Using C#, write a function which determines returns true if the word is a palindrome, and false if it is not.   Answer Question
    • There was one question about how you would implement a token search using C# or MSSQL. e.g. find strings that match a pattern, or find words starting with "xyz".   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ambit Energy (Plano, TX) in March 2018.

Interview

I was contacted by HR and they explained the process, the culture, and some background information about the company. My interview consisted of a basic math test, listening to an actual call and noting an account, some proficiency skill testing on the computer, a side by side listening of a call, and finished with a panel interview of HR, Training Manager, and QA Manager.

Interview Questions

• How have you handled an irate customer or difficult situation in the past?   Answer Question

CSR Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ambit Energy.

Interview

The interview process was very easy . It consisted of 3 parts which included 2 panel interview with supervisor and HR associate. The next step was taking a basic questionnaire on emailing, then you did a nesting session and listened to calls.

Interview Questions

• When did you have to show above and beyond customer service to a difficult customer and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ambit Energy (Dallas, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

Had two phone interviews and had a third interview set up at their office with two phone interviewers and the hiring manager. When I arrived the phone interviewers were not available for the interview. The hiring manager interviewed me for approximately 1/2 hours. He spent most of that time monitoring and answering emails. How rude! Glad I didn't get the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the worst experience you've had in your life and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Ambit Energy.

Interview

Simple questions. None of the requirements or objectives discussed never actually applied. I got the feeling the interviewer was simply using corporate buzz words and didn't really understand the topics or concepts.

Marketing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ambit Energy (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

None, you just find a consultant, they will explain the opportunity, probably show you some great informative videos. You pay a fee to join and for your welcome kit (which is very helpful - contains charts, cards, tips), and then join. You'll have a one on one mentor to help you as well.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ambit Energy.

Interview

A phone interview was conducted. Then I was brought in for an interview in person. The people were nice and easy to talk to. They asked the normal interview questions. They seemed to be looking for a certain personality rather than a specific specialty skill set.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ambit Energy (Plano, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

It’s more of a personality feel. Be yourself and ask questions. Don’t be nervous. Be prepared to answer questions from previous scenarios . How did you handle a difficult situation seems to be a big one.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be best for this Role.   1 Answer