Ambit Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ambit Energy (Dallas, TX) in October 2018.

Interview

First call was from company recruiter. Recruiter then scheduled me for recorded phone interview. Next, was invited for on-site interview with the hiring manager, where they also had me do some white board problem solving skill assessment. Everybody seemed happy to work there. They were prompt with feedback.

Interview Questions

• What major impact did i provide on my last software development project?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ambit Energy.

Interview

A phone interview was conducted. Then I was brought in for an interview in person. The people were nice and easy to talk to. They asked the normal interview questions. They seemed to be looking for a certain personality rather than a specific specialty skill set.

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ambit Energy (Plano, TX) in April 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by Klaudia in their Talent Acquisition department regarding a position she was trying to fill. She came across very friendly and professional and explained I was referred to her by someone that I had worked with in the past. Klaudia told me about the opportunity and I was intrigued by her excitement about her employer and company growth plans – It seems like a great place to work. We set up a phone interview for that evening and following a 30 minute discussion regarding my skills, education and career goals and we decided the position may have been a good fit and I decided to go in for an in person interview. Ambit was once again very accommodating in working with my schedule to set up an interview. When I arrived, I was treated professionally and interviewed within a reasonable time. The interview was thorough but pleasant. The interviewers also did a good job in explaining job requirements, expectations, and responsibilities. . I was very impressed.

Interview Questions

• What was the last project you headed up, and what was its outcome?   Answer Question
    • What are the biggest strengths you will bring to this organization?   Answer Question

My current employer offered me a promotion and a pay increase.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ambit Energy (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I applied though a posting on a job site and was called by one of Ambit's recruiters within the week. The call was a general get to you know you and went over the position details. There was a take home style tech screening which consisted of performing some very basic tasks using both C# and also jQuery. These are fairly simple and can be looked up if you're unfamiliar.

The next step is a panel style tech interview. Generally it's team leads mixed with some of the dev managers -- I had 5 people sitting in during my interview. There's a get-to-know-you style chat about Ambit, your resume, and work history. There was a white board session about creating a tic-tac-toe game, followed by a C# string exercise, then finally some questions about performing text searching. None are very hard, but be prepared to speak openly about the how's and whys of what you're diagramming. The interview took about 1.5 hours.

The final round was a 1-on-1 with the director of development and the CIO. These again, were really just general questions about who you were and your hobbies as well as a small tour of the office.

There is a drug screen and the recruiters did call my references, so lay off the weed and make sure your cousin knows to answer the phone.

Interview Questions

• You've been tasked with creating a web based multiplayer game of tic-tac-toe. Which tech would you use, why would you use it. (Whiteboard) What data would your app store and how would the tables look. Diagram your data structures and explain how you would determine if the game had a winner.   Answer Question
    • (Whiteboard) Using C#, write a function which determines returns true if the word is a palindrome, and false if it is not.   Answer Question
    • There was one question about how you would implement a token search using C# or MSSQL. e.g. find strings that match a pattern, or find words starting with "xyz".   Answer Question

Energy Consultant Interview

Interview

First they sent me some youtube videos through email, the videos are some introductions about the company, then they setup a video interview to talk more about the position

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ambit Energy (Dallas, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

Had two phone interviews and had a third interview set up at their office with two phone interviewers and the hiring manager. When I arrived the phone interviewers were not available for the interview. The hiring manager interviewed me for approximately 1/2 hours. He spent most of that time monitoring and answering emails. How rude! Glad I didn't get the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the worst experience you've had in your life and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ambit Energy (Dallas, TX) in June 2010.

Interview

initial phone interview with recruiting, phone screening with hiring manager, in person meeting with hiring manager followed by interview with multiple potential peers. took 3 weeks from call to offer

Interview Questions

• are you concerned with our sales channel structure?   1 Answer

Negotiation

very straight forward, no willingness to negotiate time off

Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Ambit Energy.

Interview

Simple questions. None of the requirements or objectives discussed never actually applied. I got the feeling the interviewer was simply using corporate buzz words and didn't really understand the topics or concepts.

Dot NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ambit Energy (Dallas, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied to the job through a recruiter and I interviewed in Dallas office. It started with a phone interview and an in-person interview. Met with three development managers they came in the room one after the other with 2-4 minuets apart (for sure the last one missed what i had to say about my background and skills). One manager was texting while i was talking with the rest of the team. I felt like disrespected when he was texting on his phone and felt he does not care.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ambit Energy (Dallas, TX) in February 2008.

Interview

Ambit Energy has the most integrity I have ever known as a company.

Interview Questions

• There are no difficult or unexpected questions. Ambit Energy is easy to do.   Answer Question

Negotiation

If you are wanting to associate with a great company with integrity, than Ambit Energy is your best bet!

Marketing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ambit Energy (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

It was more of a workshop, there were a group of individuals giving a presentation on why you should join Ambit Energy. They gave basic information about the company and what it takes to be a marketing consultant.