Amer Sports Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Amer Sports

3.2

Assistant Retail Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Amer Sports (Aurora, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

I received a phone call to schedule a in person interview 3 days after I submitted an application online. Interviewer was friendly and passionate regarding the company. Aside from the lack of follow-up regarding whether I received the job or not I would consider the interview process to have been pleasant.

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Amer Sports.

Interview

Recruiter was thorough in describing role and prompt with feedback. Only two trips to the office to meet with different interviewers and a decision was made within 45 days.

Interview Questions

• Describe your scope of responsibilities in your current role.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Amer Sports.

Interview

long, unprofessional and poorly communicated. There existed long periods of no information followed by panicked or rushed interview requests. Never follow up to recruiter or myself. Also unable to stick to a timeline. I wanted to work for them, so i took it in stride, rather than treating it as an indicator of how the company is managed (mistake)

Human Resources Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ogden, UT

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amer Sports (Ogden, UT) in June 2009.

Interview

Great interviewing questions

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ogden, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amer Sports (Ogden, UT) in August 2012.

Interview

Process was fairly easy and straightforward. Did not have a phone screen interview and had to do a one on one interview followed by a panel interview with about 3-4 people. Building was very nice and everyone seemed professional. Lots of open space in the building and conference rooms were nice with old brick building. Great place to work.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of time when you had to link long range vision with your day to day work.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Amer Sports in May 2017.

Interview

This process was with Salomon/Arc'teryx, located in Ontario, Canada.

An exhaustive process in which I patiently completed. That process took the better part of seven months (7, you read that right), in which I was confirmed as being the successful candidate with this company (via 3 separate emails), was asked to give them time to get the plan in place, and was subsequently forgotten about.

I remained extremely patient and professional through the entire process, and handled each apology like a true professional. When others would have given up, I showed strong interest and desire to work for this company, and more. However, the duration of this process was beyond anything I have experienced prior to this one. The word 'disappointing' is an understatement.

This company was one I specifically targeted because I know myself well. My experiences and skill-set would have been of a benefit to Salomon/Arc'teryx. There was no doubt that this would have been a mutually beneficial working relationship. Simply put, they dropped the ball.

While I don't discourage anyone from applying, as I believe both of these brands are likely great places to work for, I feel that sharing this frustratingly disappointing experience is best for the parent company (Amer Sports) and those applying for a Manager level position.

At the time of this writing, Amer Sports has not claimed this glassdoor page, which is unfortunate. I think they need to be aware of situations like this, where an opportunity to improve may exist. Prior to writing this, I did reach out to their HR department via email, but received no reply.

I've marked the interview process as 'Difficult'. While it was typical in questions asked for the position offered, and the levels of interviews needed were not unexpected (5 stage), the aforementioned facts above made this a difficult process. I also passed on another company's job offer that came in at the same time. You can imagine how frustrating of a situation I found myself in.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to relocate should a situation arise?   1 Answer

Senior SAP ABAP Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Garching b.München (Germany)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amer Sports (Garching b.München (Germany)).

Interview

I was setup for an interview after being contacted by a recruiter on LinkedIn. I firstly had a very friendly and informative telephone interview with SAP team at AMER AG. After that I was invited to Garching for a face to face interview. I received and accepted an offer a few weeks after that.

Interview Questions

• If you knew that a Developer was coding something which could have a detrimental effect, how would you handle it?   Answer Question

Retail Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Amer Sports (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in March 2019.

Interview

The supervisor take your portfolio and sketching skills seriously, a 12 pages pdf and 40pages of free hand sketch took him 4 minutes to see every detail. Maybe I should investigate more detail of the brand retail store and products.

Interview Questions

• Do you willing to do Visual merchandising? Including retail display design and decoration.   1 Answer
    • Did you investigate our store before you come here?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amer Sports in June 2019.

Interview

First got a phone call from the HR department , just a quick chat, and then got invited to a skype interview. During the skype interview got to meet the Managers and answered a few questions.

Werkstudent Interview

Interview

Angenehme Atmosphäre, nettes Team, was zu trinken bekommen, aufgeschlossene Menschen, schönes Office. War an sich ein entspanntes Gespräch, wurde viel über die Firma erzählt und alles in allem echt total super.