America Chung Nam Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 11, 2017

2.6

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in City of Industry, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at America Chung Nam (City of Industry, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter followed by in-house interview with HR and management team. Communication was very clear with expectations and responses were timely. I expected a longer process, but the company got back to me very quickly.

Interview Questions

• Very focused on past experiences and my vision for strategic development   Answer Question

Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at America Chung Nam (New York, NY).

Interview

Waited for about 30 minutes (as someone else previously mentioned, and I finally met the person who was going to interview me. She stared at me for like a good 2 minutes until I had to say anything. So that was a bit awkward, because she just didn't seem interested. I was called back for a second interview with the VP and someone else in the California office...that was even more awkward. The VP was on his phone the whole time. He looked at my resume and then just tossed it aside on the table in his conference room. Just not the kind of people I want to work with.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us? What do you know about the industry?   Answer Question

I winded up declining the offer because personally, I feel as though they just need someone with a pulse to fill up a seat and there is no consideration for someone else's goals in their careers. Also, this interview was done in January, and now I'm seeing they're hiring again...that should tell you something.

Logistics Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of Industry, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at America Chung Nam (City of Industry, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online. I was called the same day for the phone interview. I scheduled the in person interview for two days later. They kept me waiting for almost 20 mins in a room before he came in. After, I met with a department manager who kept me waiting for another 30 mins before he waltzed in. During the interview, he answered his cell phone and had a casual conversation with the caller while I sat there waiting.

This was pretty much the worst interview I have ever had in my life. I have never had a person be such a condescending jerk to me.

Interview Questions

• I'm my mid 20's so I have one small gap in my employment. They obsessed over it and asked me so many questions about it.

The department manager asked questions such as: 'What is your future goal? Why haven't you achieved it yet? What was your high school GPA? Why did you go to community college, before you transferred to a university; is it because you didn't do well? How would your friends/coworkers/employers/classmates describe you? (These were 4 separate questions. I really started running out of adjectives to describe myself).   1 Answer

Export Booking Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at America Chung Nam.

Interview

Waited 30 min sitting in the room by myself. Interviewed for over an hr. It was more like getting to know the manager that will hire you more than asking questions about your work history.

I had better offer

Interview

1) Initial Phone screent with HR.
    2) Face to Face with HR
    3) Meet with Dept Mgr and then VP

Interview Questions

• General questions. Eg Most Difficult situation and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in City of Industry, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at America Chung Nam (City of Industry, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

very brief interview, asked about all the questions on the resume again. Also did a personality test. Also the personality test can be helpful for this position. it will be preferred if you have an aggressive personality for marketing position

Interview Questions

• what is your biggest strength?
      what will you do when you are working under pressure?   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at America Chung Nam.

Interview

Interview was not very difficult

Project Administer Interview

Anonymous Employee in City of Industry, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at America Chung Nam (City of Industry, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

Hiring manager gives you all the good thing about the company and your role. However, this is all BS because there is not going to happen. There wont be any training for you and everything just throw at you at once. You can forget about normal working hour because there is none. They think they own you for 24 because they give you a cell phone so you have to be on call even at 3AM on Saturday. This company has no role except to bow down to the supreme owners. However, the company has more than 10 owners so it means that you have to kiss every single ass.

Interview Questions

• How do you give up your family time for this company?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They promise you bright future but low ball you. They promise there will a huge jump after 3 months of probation. However, you can forget about it because you wont make it

America Chung Nam Response

Nov 15, 2013 – Assistant Manager, Human Resources

Thank you for your input. We have made significant changes to our interview process, and this is not reflective of the current interview process. This seems to be a disgruntled former employee who... More

Export Booking Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at America Chung Nam (Jersey City, NJ) in June 2012.

Interview

Pretty easy and supervisor was pretty laid back. They look for personality traits more than knowledge. Make sure you are a team player and are open to learn.

Accounts Payable Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of Industry, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at America Chung Nam (City of Industry, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

I applied through email. I found the job listing in some Chinese newspaper. I interviewed at America Chung Nam (City of Industry, CA). I went in and interviewed with HR first. Afterwards, they called in the CFO and he asked me some questions. I felt it was a fairly easy interview. The interview probably took about less than hour. And they called me couple of days later to let me know the result.

Interview Questions

• What type of experiences I have doing accounts payable?   Answer Question